Romance vs. Love Story

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Romance vs. Love Story

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Perhaps it would be better to focus on what was done, and not what could have been changed. After all, the genie is out of the bottle.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Silverbullet wrote:
Writers couldn't even handle that.

I think that's because they didn't want to. I don't think there was any grand plan except to have the crew do enough to justify what happened in each episode and show a little skin from time to time. So Trip and T'Pol had a nice little scene with the peaches but not because the writers wanted to imply that they had been seeing each other on a regular basis, but just to explain why Trip knew where to find some of her DNA. And so on for just about every interaction between them - no thought beyond what needed to happen in that episode. And if the next episode needed them to schiz into a completely different personality to justify a plot point - well, that's fine.

I suspect most people watched it to see the tits and the bat'leths and the fast ships going woosh, and couldn't care less whether the characters developed in any meaningful way. Of course we know better, but I suspect there weren't enough of us to be worth considering.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Someone over at HoT wrote this great thing about two men who were buddies, one was a writer for a TV show. The ratings started out great, then went into a bloody free-fall, and he'd tell his friend all his grad plans to fix it. And the friend had a running inner dialogue about how wrong the writer was. Of course it culminates into the birth of *the_abomination*. It was hysterical! I wish I could remember who wrote it.

Anyway I've gotta do some writing. Later I'll come back and type out more of T'Pol's issues and how they related to TnT's onscreen mess.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 pm

I remember it well, and sadly I suspect it wasn't far from the truth.

There doesn't seem to be much happening in this episode. Say, why don't the two of you fall over and then you shove those in his face? That'll get the ratings up.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah when I saw that, I thought "Jeeze these people don't have a high opinion of men or women do they! GR would be turning in his grave."

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:42 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Someone over at HoT wrote this great thing about two men who were buddies, one was a writer for a TV show. The ratings started out great, then went into a bloody free-fall, and he'd tell his friend all his grad plans to fix it. And the friend had a running inner dialogue about how wrong the writer was. Of course it culminates into the birth of *the_abomination*. It was hysterical! I wish I could remember who wrote it.
T'was me. It was my Kurt Vonnegut imitation in "The Sincerest Form of Flattery Challenge". I called it "Brainstorm". Thanks for the egoboo. : )
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 pm

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: How did I not remember that!!!!!!!!!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:05 pm

I posted it in 2006, sweetie. You're entitled to periodically purge your brain of unnecessary trivia. I know I do it regularly. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:06 pm

But it was on my list of faves Dis! :hug:

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 pm

:starfleet:
Dis, as a serious matter of hilarity protocol you are now required to submit above referenced story for immediate posting on this site. I don't care if it has an anti-beeb slant. People who love the beebs don't have to read it. These are your orders. :marine:

ek out.
:starfleet:

(random: should we start a comedy section on the main page? It could be called Tzlu'pd Kha'wal which is Vulcan for "amusing joke". lol)
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Oh please don't make me beg it'd get embarrassing!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Actually, I put all of my Sincerest Form of Flattery Stories together as one story called "Guessing Game" at FF.net. It has 13 chapters. You guys want all of them? I can send them to you for posting here. They used to be linked through the archive but I guess when we lost our link to Triptpolers we lost them. They're not all comedy, though, so I guess you couldn't post the whole group of them in your new section, EK.
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:31 pm

send em!!!! tell me which section you want everything in. lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Yes, dis in the interst of hysterical er.... historical interest. Pls put it up on the main page.

I would love to read it even if it does show the beebs in thier best light.

BTW, I still belive we have to consider what the writrs did to the character of T'Pol in order to understand her. Fandom (fic writers especially) all have thier own concept of T'Pol. I believe some hate her. I for one love the character and want to protect her image.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Distracted wrote:I posted it in 2006, sweetie. You're entitled to periodically purge your brain of unnecessary trivia. I know I do it regularly. 8)

Roughly every forty minutes or so for me. I'm sure I used to be able to remember stuff.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”