How Would You Write Characters Who Don't Get Along With TnT?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: How Would You Write Characters Who Don't Get Along With

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 am

IDK Rigil I guess you just make everything so real from major battle damage to the repairs and all :dunno: .... I meant it as a compliment. I hope that was obvious... :oops:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:17 am

Its a matter of terminology, I think. When I say "technobabble," I generally mean the made up words that they so regularly threw out to solve the latest problem in TNG & VOY that actually mean nothing ("quick, let's reverse the polarity of the quantum flux regulator, which will let us align the positronic matrix sublaterally!") I generally try to ground everything I write in some sort of actual science (no matter that Trek, by its very nature, doesn't play by the same natural laws I do.) I'm not sure if that's what you mean when you saw "technobabble."

I wasn't insulted. Just curious.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 am

Well they do that with medical shows too Rigil. :lol: Trust me I know. In any case since I wouldn't be able to tell a made up term from a proper one, the point is you are very good at making people believe it is in fact real. You could make up an entirely new "phaze convertor" and I wouldn't know it. That to me is a good thing when you write any form of science fiction. Even if you do prefer to play with natural laws, if you ever decided not too you'd pull it off.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”