The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Wedding Wear

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Um, five pages on what wedding dress Polly might wear... :vulcan:

:lol: ironically, it was a man who started it. :twisted:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm having fun, as much as I love to geek out and talk about anti-matter and mind-melds, it's nice to bring some of my girliness to the party.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 pm

KTr, I really Don't think that T'Pol would go along with it much less Trip. The wedding woould be among just humans and I know that most of them wouldn't go for it at all.

Really, the women guests would want to show off thier dress too. Females do get gussied up for weddings.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Not all females. One of my sisters had dresses for the ceremony jeans for the party. We literally changed in the bathrooms! Best wedding I've ever been too. Very casual, no hairspray, minimum make up, and comfy clothes! And we women were more happy about it then the men!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:28 pm

But naked isn't comfy. Nope. Not at all. In fact, I can't think of any mode of dress more uncomfortable than none at all when you're talking about a social gathering that family members will all attend. Even if it wouldn't bother some of us bohemians to run around without clothes in front of our dads, can you imagine going naked in front of your father-in-law, ladies? Or what about your unacceptably crude brother-in-law?

Yep. I've got one. Think Larry the Cable guy. That's Jack to a T. :roll:

A nude wedding? NO thank you.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Amen! I can handle it with "strangers" Sripped down in front of so many it's nothing. But family, NO WAY! I just meant not all "females" feel the need to get "gusssied up" for weddings.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Please! You didn't take me seriously, did you? :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 pm

I didn't. But like I said I'm having fun. Now come on KTR you wouldn't begrudge a girl a little fun would you? Just a tiny bit? :D ;-)

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:08 am

Wg, I know some females who would agree with y ou: around strangers maybe but not around anyone familiar like a friend or family member.

Distracted. Depeds. In Germany on the North Sea Beaches whole families go to FKK (Nude) beaches. Everyone romps around in their altogether. Usually small children and parents. Lots of middle aged and older types too. After seeing a few tons of naked flesh it looses its sex appeal. There are young people too but they are family members. No rule against single males coming on the the beaches.

SB

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:25 am

Heh. And I'll bet even they wouldn't want their inlaws romping with them. :-p
Image sig by chrisis1033

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:47 pm

I have to chime in and say that I love the idea of a silver wedding dress for T'Pol. That sounds beautiful! It's close enough to white that it would still look somewhat traditional. The uniform you described for Trip sounds really nice, too, SB.

I can imagine Trip and T'Pol deciding that they're already married because of the bond, but they probably would want to make it legal on Earth, too. At this point, I don't think Earth's laws would take alien mental bonding into consideration, so they'd want to do something to make sure that all of the contractual and legal rights of spouses would be observed on Earth, just in case something happened to one of them. For example, they'd want to make sure that in the event of death, the surviving spouse would automatically inherit the property of the deceased, and they'd want to make sure that the spouse had the legal right to make medical decisions in the event that one of them became severely incapacitated.

(Of course, that's assuming that Earth's laws even allow for marriage between a human and a non-human at this point. Hmmm...Maybe they'd have to get a government representative to sponsor special legislation allowing for just such a thing. Plot bunnies are scrambling...)

I think T'Pol would probably be okay with just having a courthouse wedding, and Trip would probably be willing to see the logic in that, even if he does secretly want a "real" wedding. However, I imagine that Trip probably has a whole bunch of relatives who would insist on them having a "proper" wedding. I think T'Pol would go along with that to please Trip's family. It might not be her first choice, but raising a big fuss against it wouldn't be logical. I can imagine a scene where Trip's female relatives are trying to help T'Pol pick out a wedding dress, and nothing seems right for. Maybe they want to dress her up in some huge, poofy, lacy thing that just looks dreadful on her.

In the end, maybe the silver dress she wears was T'Les's wedding dress. Perhaps Trip's mother asks what Vulcans wear on their wedding day, T'Pol shows her an image of T'Les, and Trip's mom says she needs to wear that dress. To make it more "human," maybe she wears Trip's mother's veil and wedding jewelry.

The one scenario I can't imagine is them having a Vulcan wedding. I know they did in E2, but that was set before "Home." T'Pol already had one Vulcan ceremony, and it just about broke both of their hearts. Besides, I think they're already married on Vulcan due to the bond, so it really wouldn't be necessary, anyway. Maybe they just need to file some documents with the appropriate authorities on Vulcan to protect their legal rights.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm

I am about three quarters the way through my story of te Wedding day. When finished I will desperately need a Beta for editing and suggestions. The first draft will be rougly what I have in mind for the story. Not exactly what has been advanced in this thread but close.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:20 pm

IDK Brandyjane I don't think having a Vulcan ceremeony would be heartbreaking. It wasn't the ceremony that hurt them it was circumstances beyond anyone's control. Although, you're idea sounds charming. I just think that Trip sounded so excited in E2 and the fact that I kinda think in some ways he's "non-traditional" that it works.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 pm

If it's any consolation, I do remember seeing a picture of Jolene looking very elegant in a slim silver dress. Unfortunately I think the moths might have got at it at some point, because it seemed to have some fairly big holes in it. :oops:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm

the moths *do* seem to do that sometimes.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”