The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Is T'Pol part Camel?

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 am

In strange new World T'Pol states tha tshe can go days without Water. True she comes from a Desert Planet but since she drinks water she obviously needs it. so does she store Water in her system like a Camel? She isn't very large No Hump.

Even bedouins carry Water in the Desert. It is essential to life. Vulcans are a life form that survives on Water. T'Pol, in many episodes drank water as a preference. That Captain in Breaking the ice said he only drank Water. It would seem that Vulcans need for water is as great as Humans. So, does T'Pol store it if she can go days without water.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Re: Is T'Pol part Camel?

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 am

It would explain the illogical size of her mammaries.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 am

Okay I'm going to over simplify this, she...is...an...alien! Meaning her body can do things your average human body is incapable of.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 am

enterprikayak wrote:It would explain the illogical size of her mammaries.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
That was my thought exactly.

Or maybe she just has kidneys like a kangaroo rat.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:17 am

Well implants are filled with silicone and saline. At least according to E! Saline is water. but according to my Vulcan Biology Links....

For example... they can regulate body temperature without sweating

Dis is also correct about the kidneys. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that they can drink as much water as they want without needing it.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 am

I always thought that such huge breasts on such a slight person who is only likely to have max 1 offspring every seven years was mental. Even her mom was stacked.

They MUST be camel humps. It's the only thing that makes any sense.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:39 am

IDK Ek proportionally, I should be as flat as a board and I'm well... Not! I wiegh less than 115 and I'm still top-heavy, never had a child, will never have a child. But we know JB had an operation to enhance her attributes so... It's as good an explanation as any.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:52 am

yeah, i'm the same way...short little body, 38DD jubblies. :roll: It's more than annoying, it's unergonomic. Is that a word?

anyway, after years of suffering, i can now say that www.brasthatfit.net is the best. :lol:

But as for Vulcans...I dunno. I'm thinking of putting some dromedary references into fiction. :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:56 am

It's humiliating in my family because the Sicilian half never shuts up about it! But at least you have children you can blame them. And I'm not exactly short. I'm not as tall as most of the women in my family but I'm over 5'6''. But I'd kill to be not so well endowed.

Thanks for the link, mom and I could use it.

All I'm saying is if mama T'Les and T'Pol were natural it isn't that wierd.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Not necessarily. The human breast is mostly fat. The milk production glands are only a small component. In early man (or I guess more accurately "early woman") the breasts were not just organs for nourishing infants. They also acted as energy storage in times of famine. A woman with bigger breasts would produce milk longer before starvation made her stop producing, enhancing the survival potential of her offspring. Even if she wasn't nursing, larger breasts would keep her alive longer when food wasn't available because the body naturally saves that fat for last. I guess over hundreds of thousands of years nature just sort of selected out for bigger breasts (and obesity) by preferentially killing off more women with less body fat. And now we're stuck with it. I suppose that if Vulcan breast tissue acted as an energy reservoir in the same way that a camel's hump does, Vulcan women would be genetically more likely to be stacked. Kinda puts the guys at a real disadvantage, though.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

This conversation has become rather interesting! T'Pol, T'Les and V'Lar (that's tha Ambassador's name, yes?) all did have big ones. I like Dis' explanation, too. Makes sense to me!

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Distracted wrote:Vulcan women would be genetically more likely to be stacked. Kinda puts the guys at a real disadvantage, though.

Stacked women? If that's a disadvantage, I'm okay with it.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I am okay with the Breasts being a little like a hump. My point was that T'Pol said in SNW that she could go days without water. Coming from a Desert Planet it would make sense her body could store water for emergencies. I like the explantion that DIS came up with. Her breasts stored water. But wouldn't that be a factor in nursing. Water taking up space better used for milk production and storage.

STill, T'Pol insists that she doesn't need water that much and can go for days. NOt sure if it was ever in the series but have read that T'Pol did not have to Urinate that often either. Savig her water reserve.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Okay let's remember that it's not just Vulcan women who can go without water for days. MEN have the same ability. I doubt the secret is actually in the breasts. Isn't it just possible that they "evolved" in such a way that they just don't need as much water as humans do? Not to say they don't need water, or that they can't use as much water as we do. They just don't have too. I've just crawled out of bed so I forget which system controls staying hydrated, but maybe the Vulcans just have a super efficiant system.

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I understand that most small birds excrete almost no water at all and also sweat very little, and some birds almost never drink. I don't think it's much of a stretch to imagine that Vulcans have evolved along similar lines. I choose to justify the tendency for Vulcan women to be well endowed by supposing that Vulcan infants require a disproportionately large fluid intake while they're nursing. Not because it makes any particular sense from the science point of view, but just to rationalise something that is evidently true. The only other explanation is that the producers chose to use beautiful well-endowed girls at every opportunity just to boost the ratings, which is obviously unthinkable.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”