Lend Me Your Ears - Vulcan

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lend Me Your Ears - Vulcan

Postby AllisonPetra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

I just watched The Aenar (Season 4) again. I love the scene where Phlox and Trip are in Sick Bay secretly discussing T’Pol - while she is in the room. In the end Phlox tells Trip that he will just have to suffer through his inability to mix romance and vocation. I especially like when Trip says to Phlox “you're the last one that should be giving me a lecture, Vulcan neuropressure was your idea”. Trip's sharing his T'Pol challenges with Phlox are good scenes (e.g., the scene in the Demons episode is another favorite of mine).

One thing that has always confused me is why T’Pol could not hear them. Aren’t Vulcan ears very sensitive allowing them to overhear conversations around them? I’ve read about it in many (some) FanFics. Interesting that she did not hear the conversation and then in the next episode (I think) asks Trip why he was leaving Enterprise.

Do you think it made more sense that she did hear the conversation – and was trying to get him to admit that his transfer was all about needing to get over her? Maybe if he had, she would have been able to admit her feelings for him as well and her desire that he not leave her. Amazing how the two of them danced around each other, never getting into a groove. Just makes me more sad that the story ended prematurely.

They had so much potential!

Sometimes I think that I have crossed over onto a new level of "Star Trek Geek" (no disrespect intended) by wondering about the inner motives of a character on the show? I can't help myself! Is this what happens to Shippers? Perhaps I'll just let my Geek Flag Fly and enjoy the ride!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Lend Me Your Ears - Vulcan

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 am

I assumed she did hear it. That's why she thanked him for being so worried about her testing the Telepresence unit. Then he had to go and lie! I swear, when it comes to miscommunication those two take the cake. I mean if you've ever watched The Pretender you know that Miss Parker and Jarod are way more angsty in the romance department, and eaqually unfinished, but they did have communication skills at least. <sigh> oh well, they're still loveable.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:12 am

WarpGirl wrote:That's why she thanked him for being so worried about her testing the Telepresence unit.

Is this the scene where he "attempts" to just walk past her in the hallway (not sure if hallway is the proper word)? Where she tells him his feelings are getting in the way of his work?

If it is, then didn't that scene come before the secret Sick Bay discussion between Phlox and Trip?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 am

It's 2:30am sorry. I still remember assuming she had heard it though. :oops:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 am

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is true! 2:30 AM over here too.

Boone nuit!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

I think that T'Pol did hear the discussion between Phlox and Trip. Think Trip tried to talk her out of testing also but T'Pol insisted. When things started to go bad Trip ended the test. T'Pol was not happy that he did but it probably saved her.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Postby justTripn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

AllisonPetra said:
Sometimes I think that I have crossed over onto a new level of "Star Trek Geek" (no disrespect intended) by wondering about the inner motives of a character on the show? I can't help myself! Is this what happens to Shippers? Perhaps I'll just let my Geek Flag Fly and enjoy the ride!

Yes, and yes! (This is what happens to shippers, and enjoy the ride.)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

AllisonPetra
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby AllisonPetra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Yeah!! Thank you. Thank you. :nerd:

:hug: :clap: :lol: :happyjump:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”