The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Galaxy's Greatest Romances -- Star Trek Magazine March 2011

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 am

But you have a good point ek.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Postby justTripn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:46 am

Looks like you're right, about Ziyal, WarpGirl! I also feel the whole Garak/Bashir flirting theory is an attempt to reinterpret Star Trek as edgier than it was. :?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 am

Dang steel trap of a memory :lol: it's a curse actually. Nobody will play ST trivia with me. Oh well, see this is why I can't say I believe that Gerak and Julian had any romantic subtext. Not that I would want them too. The only character I liked on DS9 (besides the O'Brians) was Garek, and I thought he was kinda sexy. If he was gay that would kill that for me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:26 am

If my Rusty memory serves me. Didn't Gul Dukat, the girls Father, who had rescued her, object to Garak and his daughter having a relationship. I remember whe she got killed it was sort of getting rid of an annoying character t hat the writers didn't know what to do with. Certainly Garak, was older, his status was a Tailor but in reality he apparently was a Spy for the Cardassians. Cannot see the romance going anywhere as Gark could not afford that encumberance.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 am

Lot's of people objected. Although from what I remember she was rather sweet.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 am

Double post. WG, I have been in a few relationships over the years. God knows I made mistakes. But dysfunctional/ NO, supidity, plenty. To me a dysfunctional realtionship is one of a person wanting to dominate the other. Abusing, trying to intimidate, belittling, etc. People can have problems but not of that kind. their problems can be monetary (usualy) unfaithfulness, disrespecting the other, neglect. Those can be solved. Dysfunctional can't. It is ingrained. Or at least that is howI see it.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:40 am

Maybe it's just the way my generation uses the word IDK. When I say dysfunctional ralationship, I mean having a lot of issues, insecurities and quirks. Nothing harmful or evil. When I'm talking about a bad relationship, I say bad, abusive or harmful. Not dysfunctional. Dysfunctional is just normal imperfect craziness of life. Anyone ever see Malcolm In The Middle they're textbook on the good dysfunctional.

Fics

marchale
Commander
Commander

Re: Galaxy's Greatest Romances -- Star Trek Magazine March 2

Postby marchale » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:35 am

Hi All,

I Just noticed there was another topic on this magazine issue here, so for anyone who didn't see my post regarding this in the "Star Trek Valentine issue" topic, I've uploaded the article on Trip and T'Pol to fotopic here - http://marchale.fotopic.net/c1947998_1.html if you want to read it. (Have some screencaps of (mainly) Trip there too, just go to the index page to get to them). (and a warning about my website, I create fakes of certain Enterprise and Voyager characters, some of which are mildly R rated, so if that type of fan artwork either offends you or you're not old enough to get into an R rated movie, please don't go there, thanks! Note: my new website is not the Fotopic account where the TnT article, etc is at, the new website is located below my signature and from there you can get to the old website from 2005 I can't update anymore).

Enjoy!
Marchale
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”