The Slopes of Andoria

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

The Slopes of Andoria

Postby justTripn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:01 am

Hi guys. Where is the story "The Slopes of Andoria"? I can't find it in the archive. Can someone show me a link? Linda wants to read it.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Slopes of Andoria

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 am

justTripn wrote:Hi guys. Where is the story "The Slopes of Andoria"? I can't find it in the archive. Can someone show me a link? Linda wants to read it.

As each chapter has a different author, the story is archived under "Round Robin" authorship...

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks, Enderhil!

The Slopes of Andoria by Round Robin.

Sure enough!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 am

Speaking of which...we need to finish this thing, ladies and gents. I'll go poke aadarshinah since she was next up and see if she's still with us. Anybody remember who was supposed to go after her if she couldn't wrap things up in her installment? We had a thread going for a while but it's off the page. What about you, Kotik? You feeling well enough to step in? It's been your baby all along and I hate to stop before it's finished.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Since my medication is down to more bearable levels now, I would be able to step in, but I think at least ginamr and Enerdhil were in line before me :) I hope aadarshinah can still finish her part.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 am

I was supposed to go after her...

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:06 am

I pm'ed aadarshinah, and she says to give her another week to come up with something. If she can't then she'll hand over her turn.

I'm crossing my fingers and sending writer's block relieving vibes......
Image sig by chrisis1033

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby ginamr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 am

I really think we need to finish this. Who else is with me on this?
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 am

I was of that opinion in January but no one seemed interested. If you want to try to start wrapping it up, I don't think anyone will mind. Just send it to me for beta when it's done since aadarshinah is still AWOL.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 pm

i do mind ;) As I recall there were ginamr and Enerdhil scheduled to follow aadarshinah, so we should give them the chance to send a final chapter in :patpat:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 am

I haven't heard from Enerdhil in months, but ginamr is offering to step in. I'm the only one left to beta, though, and I've got limited time, so the fewer future installments the better as far as I am concerned. The point I was trying to make is that from now on I would prefer that no one introduce any new plot points. We need to focus on concluding the ones we have. Enerdhil can go next if ginamr can't conclude everything in one chapter, but I'm not prepared to beta more than two or three more.
Image sig by chrisis1033

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 pm

I also was waiting for aadarshinah, but it has been awhile since the last update. The last thing I heard of Enerdhil is that he was very busy with his family. It would be nice to wrap this story up. So I am glad Ginamr stepped up.
Also I could try to contact aadarshinah on FFnet, where I have seen recent reviews of her hand.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

I think, all the authors scheduled after aadarshinah, who seems to have abandoned us, should get the chance to get their chapter in. If Dis isn't able to beta them, someone else will do. So I think both ginamr and panyasan still have a shot at it. Please, just don't introduce any new story lines.

Cheers, Kotik. Image

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:40 pm

No one else seems very interested, Kotik. Not even ginamr has actually agreed to do another chapter, but she's right. Somebody should finish the thing.

Are you volunteering to start the process, ginamr? If you are, let me know. I honestly have no idea who was supposed to be next after aadarshinah dropped the ball.

You interested in taking a turn, Kotik? I think enerdhil and panyasan were in the original rotation as well, but I haven't seen enerdhil post in ages.

Like I said, I'm willing to beta two or three more and then I'm done. The main problem I see is that most of our participants are non-English speakers. The betaing on this project has been very time intensive, and it needs to be done by a native English speaker. I'm open to accept volunteers, but until we get any I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to a three more chapter limit. We've got to get this project finished before my busy season at work starts in mid August. I can't imagine we'll be able to do more than 3 chapters before then. That should be plenty enough pages to finish this, though.

So... who's volunteering to be next?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:20 pm

I'm happy to be a beta reader if that's the only problem. The hard part is writing the story though, and you're on your own there.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”