So, Why Are You A TnT 'shipper?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: So, Why Are You A TnT 'shipper?

Postby dialee » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:55 am

Because these two are so perfect for each other that any other alternatives are unthinkable in the words of the immortal Methos, "Timeless"

Also, I absolutely, truly believe that Archer's pacing would have driven T'Pol to "trip" him hard one day to stop him from constantly doing it. I know it drove me nuts. :lol:

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:47 pm

dialee wrote:Because these two are so perfect for each other that any other alternatives are unthinkable in the words of the immortal Methos, "Timeless"

Also, I absolutely, truly believe that Archer's pacing would have driven T'Pol to "trip" him hard one day to stop him from constantly doing it. I know it drove me nuts. :lol:

I agree with you dialee I feel the same way about Trip & T'Pol. :D

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Because I like culture clash stories and cross-culture romance stories. Because these two characters are very appealing, separately or together. Because I am a Star Trek adict anyway.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:21 pm

Reanok wrote:
dialee wrote:Because these two are so perfect for each other that any other alternatives are unthinkable in the words of the immortal Methos, "Timeless"

I agree with you dialee I feel the same way about Trip & T'Pol. :D

I am with you both. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:48 am

So Lee was making snide comments about my photomorphing, and we were watching the office and he said "Why don't you make JaM pictures?" (Jim and Pam) and as a joke I looked up Jim and Pam, and those shippers make these shippers look tame.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?sho ... 0&start=40

I didn't even know what a "shipper" was until I'd been on a shipper site for like a year.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

michelle
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby michelle » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:56 pm

I've been totally obessessed with the Vulcan/Human thing even before ENT. Archer(Love Sam Beckett) turned my stomach so I was put off watching, luckily i came across some fanfiction about T/T and it lured me back. I grew to really enjoy watching T'Pol, Trip and Phlox (My Big Three)

I used to be quite the shipper anyway, read alot of fan fiction in my day and i have to agree that there are few ships that are lucky enough to have the quality of writing that is available for the T/T ship and TOS in general. There have been some fantastic Chapel/Spock, Amanda/Sarek stuff, I love one fic so much I'm going to mention it. "The Library pass" at FF.net, I have read it about five times and every time I finish with a smile on my face! Infact I'm going to read it again now!

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Awesome! I'm a sad little shipper on every show I watch, too...

It usually leads to dissappointment and heartache... especially when you want someone as much of a JACKASS as Dr. Gregory House to fall for his cute little lackey-flirt-friend Dr. Cameron :D
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

tennisgirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby tennisgirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:43 am

Really? You rooted for House and Cameron? I couldn't... :lol:
Avatar made possible by the art of ivymae

Quinn - Daria, you can't leave me here with those, those... yuppies!
Daria - Yuppies are from the Eighties.
Quinn - So what do you call people in funny outfits who talk about peace and love and stuff?
Daria - Trekkies...
Episode #205 - That Was Then, This is Dumb - Daria

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:57 am

This is Alelou -- no idea if my name will pop up on this or not. I was burned out on Trek when Enterprise first came out and anyway it conflicted with my son's bedtime so I never gave it much attention. When we moved I couldn't even get it anymore. So I think the first episode of this series that I saw completely was 'Home' on the Sci Fi channel and I was just blown away and immediately eager to learn more about Trip and T'Pol. Trip utterly charmed me in that episode by acting like a grown-up. In general there was just more evidence of continuity and maturity and pathos than I'd learned to expect from a Star Trek series, not that I wasn't passionate in my day about TOS and TNG. I'd also survived the X Files, which tortured and infuriated its shippers for years, so Enterprise seemed incredibly generous compared to that one. (If I'd started from the beginning I suppose I might not have felt that way...also I'm really glad I didn't have to suffer *the_abomination* in real time.) So anyway, it didn't take me long to start searching the net for all the Trips and T'Pols that I knew would be there in fanfic -- and I wasn't disappointed, though it does seem like a small and hardy group of writers that is left at this point. Thank you for all those stories!!! Keep writing, please!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 am

Welcome!

Y'like how Elessar's got it set so when you type T-A-T-V, it comes up *the_abomination*?

Elessar's so smart.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 am

Hi, Alelou! :wave: I'm really glad you decided to join us.

And a big Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:15 am

Alelou, considers Dinah's words like if they were also mine. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Lys
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Lys » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 pm

I admit, I've never been a shipper before. Usually, I tend to skip "ship episodes" on any show I'm watching. So why the exception with Trip and T'Pol?
Maybe because they first became friends, maybe because it was difficult, because they had to make efforts to become friends.
It's not just a case of opposites attract. They both had years of preconceptions and cultural differences to overcome only to become friends.
Trip had heard Archer ranting against the Vulcans for almost 10 years. T'Pol had had her ears full of the High Command propaganda against the too emotional nature of humans for maybe 30 years. I think it takes courage to acknowledge that maybe you're wrong, that maybe the other isn't so bad, that it would be worth it trying to learn more about the other before judging. Because they're both curious (Trip wants to know how things work, T'Pol wants to know why things work), they're drawn to the other. They both make mistakes and that's good. Perfect people are boring. I like them flawed because they feel more real to me.
But what struck me the most was how alike they were. They're both very sensitive and private persons. One is hiding behind jokes and an outgoing personality, but never really shows what he's really feeling and the other one protects herself behind her Vulcan control. It's around each other that they're their true selves. They're attuned to each other and they trust each other.
So, why am I a shipper? Because they didn't take the easy road, because they were friends first, because they're flawed but try to be better, because I care about them individually and I want them to be happy.
Of course the obvious chemistry on screen is an added bonus. :D

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:05 pm

An excellent explanation. :D

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:43 am

It's nice to be in such good company, thank you! I've been lurking so long I feel I know you all already.

Yes, I was rather startled when [the episode that shall not be named] cropped up in my post as *the abomination*! Not that I entirely disagree, but I think the producers honestly were trying to do a Valentine for the fans. They just failed miserably at it, haplessly dissing Enterprise in the process. I have to say, though, after watching it over the other night when my kid finally felt he was up to it but couldn't do it without company, I was struck by the way it was framed not just by a TNG holodeck program, which gives them an obvious out, but the story inside it is framed by Shran's FAKED DEATH. It's like they're winking at us: look, see -- if Enterprise suddenly gets popular, it's no big deal to bring Trip back. Even TRIP winked! (Which was very odd acting decision during all that otherwise quite convincing dying.) It was a virtual FESTIVAL of WINKING.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”