NOVEMBER 2010 Word Prompt

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

NOVEMBER 2010 Word Prompt

Postby Kotik » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:12 am

Ok, folks...

This is it, you all know the deal. We - or more specifically I give a word and you's gonna write a story. Word doesn't need to appear as long as there is a logical connection. I hope I'll do Aquarius justice with that. The word for this month is:

BATH

Scribble away, fella's :mrgreen:

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: NOVEMBER 2010 Word Prompt

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 am

I submitted one very short story for the "bath" challenge. Anyone else working on one?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Linda wrote:I submitted one very short story for the "bath" challenge. Anyone else working on one?

I only noticed the prompt just now, will think about it...

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Please do think about it. There have not been new story postings for a few days.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Linda wrote:Please do think about it. There have not been new story postings for a few days.

So does that mean, I'm not the only one with withdrawal symptoms? :lol:

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

THE CHIEF ENGINEER TAKES A BATH

Just had a funny little idea. It's too short for an archive story, so I'll post it here. Takes place somewhere between "Bound" and "Demons". The trick-candle idea is from Zane Gray's "Differences" series.

This was getting out of hand. Shaking his head in disbelief, Captain Archer roamed the ship in search of his 'rogue' First Officer. After her first successful joke in sickbay in the aftermath of the Orion's pheromone attack, he had encouraged her to explore human humour, especially since nobody had seen the ship's chief engineer so relaxed and contend in a long time. It didn't take a warp scientist to see that she was the reason for Trip finding back to his old humorous self.

Captain Archer sighed. He should have known that she would take it way too serious. When he had told her to 'fraternize a little', she ended up romancing the Chief Engineer. Nobody spoke about it, but everyone knew it. This time however the result of his misjudgement came much quicker to the surface.

It all started 3 days ago, when T'Pol had asked Hoshi about the intricacies of 'practical jokes'...

"Trip?" Captain Archer asked after the staff meeting was finished. "Are you going to stay in here?"

"Well Cap'n, I'd go if I could..." He stood up and his chair stayed where it was - on his backside. Hysterical laughter filled the room, except for T'Pol. She let her brows do the giggling.

Suddenly the chair fell off the Chief Engineers butt and the next round of laughter left the man indignated and flummoxed again - until he caught a glimpse of T'Pol trying to inconspicuously slip a small device into her pocket. His eyes went wide as he realized, who had played the prank on him.

Payback's a bitch, Darlin'...

"T'Pol, how long do I have to wait for an answer? It's not really like you to get sloppy," the Captain remarked, when his question wasn't answered with the usual Vulcan efficiency. Turning around he saw T'Pol staring on her PADD in what passed on Vulcan for confusion, poking away at it.

"I might answer your question, after I determined, to which language Commander Tucker has changed my interface configuration. I believe it would expedite my progress to enlist Ensign Sato's services."

She raised her eyebrows in an attempt not to show her uneasiness.

As human tradition requires non-lethal retaliation, I shall plan my next course of action...

Carrying out her plan with Vulcan efficiency, she had glued Commander Tucker's toolbox shut, before uploading what Ensign Sato called 'a raunchy tale' to the PADD, which contained his daily report for the Captain. Captain Archer had never turned such a shade of purple before over one of his Chief's reports.

In retaliation, she had found all her meditation candles exchanged for trick ones, which couldn't be extinguished. In the end she had to carry her candle to the nearest airlock - under the very amused observation of passing crew members - and had to depressurize it to extinguish her candle.

"T'Pol?" Captain Archer called out as he saw her coming out of cargo bay two with a very elevated eyebrow.

"Captain?"

"I want to see you and Trip for dinner in the Captain's mess at 1900. I think we need to talk about those little pranks you keep playing on each other."

"We will be there, Captain."

He couldn't help the grin. She didn't even notice that she had started to refer to herself and Trip as 'we' and that she spoke for him as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Were is he anyway. Weren't you assigned to help him in engineering?"

"Commander Tucker is taking a bath."

"He's what? What did you do this time? Empty a bucket of oil over his head?" Her answer was another elevated eyebrow.

Ready to give up on it, he turned to leave, before it dawned on him...

"T'Pol, the only bath we have aboard is the Tellarite's mud bath that's still in... cargo bay two."

"I know," she delivered deadpan and walked away.

Shaking his head, he turned to inspect the warzone, when the door opened and he came face-to-face with a very messed-up Chief Engineer.

He couldn't fight the guffaw...

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm

LOL, ever since that episode with the Ferengi where T'Pol was subtly suggesting to Archer that he offer her something for untying him, I just knew she could become an expert at the art of the practicle joke.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Kotik wrote:THE CHIEF ENGINEER TAKES A BATH

... "T'Pol, the only bath we have aboard is the Tellarite's mud bath that's still in... cargo bay two."

"I know," she delivered deadpan and walked away.

Funny! (Even funnier, actually, if you end it here.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:38 am

Kotik dear, I'm trying to convert a Kotorian to TnT but she went to the main page and saw Vulcans Don't Take Baths and got spooked! Next month can we come up with something more "outsider friendly?"
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:22 pm

How can anybody be spooked about a title about taking a bath and a great, funny, charming story about Vulcan childern and bathtime?
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 pm

When somebody has no idea what the site is like or the challenges sometimes it seems a little nuts. If you went over to the KOTOR site knowing nothing about it you'd think they were absolutely insane too. There are people out there with no clue about this fandom.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am

WarpGirl wrote:When somebody has no idea what the site is like or the challenges sometimes it seems a little nuts. If you went over to the KOTOR site knowing nothing about it you'd think they were absolutely insane too. There are people out there with no clue about this fandom.

Sorry WG, but I have to agree with Kotik. I cannot understand someone taking nuts for the "Bath" stories published (any of them). And if I go to another site, I usually try to look a reasonable number of stories before deciding if that site is adequate for what I expect. Before I decided to send my first story to TS, I read about two dozen from the archives, including Decom.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 am

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to point some people in our direction get us some new readers. Not a bad idea I thought. But all I was trying to say is when you are used to something extremely different it can be a little overwhelming being bombarded with something new. That's all.

Fics

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 am

LOL, WarpGirl did you explain to your friend that she was needlessly spooked because "Vulcans Don't Take Baths" was written by a (mostly) harmless little old lady based on her own cute and adorable and (mostly) well behaved elementary school aged grandchildren who has only written one smutty story...honestly...only one and "Vulcans Don't Take Baths" was not it?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 am

Oh god Linda PLEASE don't think I was criticizing your fabulous story. It's just that KOTOR is a crazy different fandom from this. And if I hadn't been lurking at HoT before here, the "Bath" challenge would have thrown me for a loop. I adore you and your stories, I hope you know that. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”