The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Drabble Section?

Postby Linda » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I actually look at the top of each section every time I come to the fan fiction page. But from reading this thread, I get the idea that most people just look at the TnT section at the top of the page. So why not make the first page of the fan fiction page be the latest stories of any genre. Then, when they age a month, put them in the second page which is the genre sections like our first page is now? Or is this too much work for our already overburdened administrators? I liked the Trip/T'Poler's site which had the archive accessible by genre or author.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I've no opinion on the topic one way or another. The current organization by TnTishness (it's a perfectly cromulant word) is fine but, to be honest, any organization scheme works for me.

Reading this thread, it seems I have the opposite reaction as a few folks here: It's the longer stories that give me pause - but only because I have to bookmark them and come back to them later when I have the time to properly enjoy them. Lately that time is hard to find, so my bookmark list is growing longer. :-( My apologies if I haven't gotten to your fiction yet or commented on it.

I do enjoy drabbles - I love a well written 'moment' - and they're short enough that I can read them in between everything else I'm doing. They feed my need for an ENT fix when I don't have the time for much else. I'm also in awe of the really good writers whose every word can pack a punch and who can manipulate just 100 words to create that moment. I wrote my first one a couple of days ago and was rather pleased with it. I have a tendency to keeping expanding on something when I really should edit it down.

(Aigh. I keep wanting to make a comment about "size doesn't matter" but *cough* apparently it does. 8) 8) 8) )

Anyway, with regards to the original question: Whatever works for everybody else and the admins is fine by me. I don't need a separate section for them but I wouldn't mind it either. I'd like to read everything here eventually.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:17 pm

I used to always scroll down and look at what's posted under every section, since I like to read fiction from lots of different genres. Now I just look at the new fiction thread to see if anything has been posted in "Main Engineering," for example, since I'm lazy and that's a quicker way to do it for me. I never thought about the organization before this thread. It works for me, though I guess it would be nice if you could easily tell things like genre and rating in the archive.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm going to post a poll to get an overall opinion :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”