The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Fic Recs for MU/RU Crossovers?

Postby Misplaced » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 pm

I remember reading the start of a fic years ago that was an MU/RU crossover but it wasn't completed yet. I honestly cannot remember the name or author and I think it was only MU Tucker that ended up in the RU. Then life happened and I took a very long hiatus from all things Enterprise. But now that I'm catching up... I'm wondering if there are any good MU/RU crossover fics out there and if so what are your favorites?
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Fic Recs for MU/RU Crossovers?

Postby honeybee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm not sure if it's the one your thinking of, but Double Vision by Pdsldl has a crossover story going on, but it's not just Trip that crosses over.

The role players on twitter also have a lot of nice cross universe action in their story. Trip recently met his counterpart.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 pm

I've only ever read two MU/RU cross-overs, because the MU never made it for me. I don't like the negative vibes of a Terran Empire. Maybe having been born and raised in a dictatorship country didn't exactly help me "appreciate" the MU. One of those two was a story where RU T'Pol was sent as a spy onto the MU ship. It actually had some nice TnT moments. The second one was a story that was abandoned by the author after like 20+ chapters and it was easily the WORST EVER fanfic I've read. I've waded my way through some angsty pieces, but that particular story was so character-assasinating on RU T'Pol is was disgusting. Imagine 20+ chapters of season 4 go-away-come-here-go-away angst, Trip wanting to sever the bond, RU T'Pol saying "Oh, yeah, lets sever it" and Trip volunteering neuropressure on MU T'Pol. That story was just spectacularily, mind-bogglingly bad.

I think a really good cross-over is difficult to write, especially since you have duplicate characters. The only really good story with duplicate characters that I know of is "Double Vision" (by pdlsdl if my rotten memory serves me right)

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I'll have to check that one out. Thanks.

And the one I started was archived at HoT... so when they stopped accepting new fic, I know that they took all unfinished fics out of the archives too. It's quite possible that the one I'm thinking of didn't make the cut -- it's been so long.

Kotik - I can definitely understand how the MU might not be all that appealing when you've lived it, in part.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Kathy Rose has an excellent crossover fic with Hoshi all alone in the MU. I don't usually read Hoshi-centric fic but it kept me at the edge of my seat, and I even liked the MU TnT dynamics. I can't remember the title, though.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:08 am

I loved that Kathy Rose fic - although I was disappointed that her RU Hoshi and the MU/AU Archer of her story never hooked up. LOL
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 am

Yeah, but at least they had chemistry!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 am

We started one on Trip/T'Polers or Soval's Annex. I will go find it.

Found it! On Soval's Annex and it is called Reconciling Realities. The premise Myst123 came up with was that the MU characters would meet their RU equivalents. Soval, Trip, T'Pol...all the Enterprise characters. Myst and I each wrote a chapter or two. That was back when Gary Graham had left a couple of messages on the board over there and had even left a nice comment for Myst on one of her stories. But then things kind of went sour with the actor/fan relationship on Soval's Annex. Myst and I got side tracked from the story and never went back to it. But the idea was interesting.

There may be other MU/RU cross over stories, but I am unaware of them.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 am

Okay, in the A/N of Double Vision, am I reading right that it's not a cross over from the canon Mirror Universe that aired in "In a Mirror, Darkly" but another universe where things transpired a little differently? I mean, I'm gonna read it, don't get me wrong...

But I'm really looking for crossovers with the aired MU characters (particularly Trip or T'Pol or both).

Guess I'll just have to write one. :raspberry:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 am

Does this mean you're not quitting????????????????????? :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: I really don't want you to quit.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”