The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

pdsldl
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Non-TnT pairings

Postby pdsldl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:38 pm

[quote=On a side note, loved Karl Urban as McCoy in the new trek movie. And while the Kirk-Spock-McCoy relationship was definately different in it, it still felt real.[/quote]

Yeah but it should be different because they hadn't had years together. I'll bet in later movie(s) it will be closer to what we remember, which by the way is how they were at the end of the series not the beginning.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:43 pm

aadarshinah wrote:True. Be lovely if it wasn't though. I'm trying to think of an example of friendship between 2 guys and a girl from a tv show or movie that was close to the Kirk-Spock-McCoy level, but can't. Which is a shame. I don't want to admit the When Harry Met Sally thing quite yet, but...

TWO GUYS AND A GIRL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the only 2 sitcoms I have ever loved. Dharma and Greg was the other. But even then the guys each wanted the girl and different points. And those two guys shared 2 other girls so...

aadarshinah wrote:On a side note, loved Karl Urban as McCoy in the new trek movie. And while the Kirk-Spock-McCoy relationship was definately different in it, it still felt real.

Oh its 95% there, but the age differences put a new spin on things too. These reboot characters are younger.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:43 pm

I thought that there was an effort to make her a sidekick for a while and tossed in a little Hero worship. In dawn she says to him that he had done more in one day than the Vulcans had in a year to change aliens attitude. But it was Trip staying with the alien until he was rescued at the risk of his own life that changed the aliens attitude. But hero worshiping T'Pol gives Archer the credit. That and she was constantly with him even in scenes where she really wasn't needed.

The writers tried hard enough in season one and two to make something work for a relationship between Archer and T'Pol but it didn't jell.

Can't fault the actors they worked with the scripts given them but the writing seemed off.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Silverbullet wrote:I thought that there was an effort to make her a sidekick for a while and tossed in a little Hero worship. In dawn she says to him that he had done more in one day than the Vulcans had in a year to change aliens attitude. But it was Trip staying with the alien until he was rescued at the risk of his own life that changed the aliens attitude. But hero worshiping T'Pol gives Archer the credit. That and she was constantly with him even in scenes where she really wasn't needed.

The writers tried hard enough in season one and two to make something work for a relationship between Archer and T'Pol but it didn't jell.

Can't fault the actors they worked with the scripts given them but the writing seemed off.

Except that Trip's selflessness wouldn't have come to light if Archer hadn't managed to get the aliens to work with him to rescue Trip. Something the Vulcans would never have been able to do.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 am

Agreed! Besides Trip got credit where it really truly mattered. The man he survived with valued him. Besides T'Pol was "worried" in her Vulcan way. Our Fearless Leader Elessar's story Skin Deep is one of my favorite TnT stories of all time! And it deals beautifully with the episode and its aftermath.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 am

But Archer also ws telling the aliens that they could find thier Crewman where Trip was. Actually it was not the Aliens Archer was trying to help it was Himself and Trip. The Vulans might have helped. They were willing to help Malcom and Travis in Breaking the Ice. Still think that it was obvious that Archer wasn't doing the aliens any big favor as he was benefiting just as much. Trip, on the other hand, did not have to stay with the alien he refused rescue to stay and keep the alien alive until rescue arrived. That had to weigh much more with the aliens than information. Had not Trip stayed the Alien probably would have been dead when his ship arrived to rescue him.

So my satement stands. T'Pol was wrong it was Trip not Archer who did more in one day than the Vulcans had in a year.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:35 am

Silverbullet wrote:But Archer also ws telling the aliens that they could find thier Crewman where Trip was. Actually it was not the Aliens Archer was trying to help it was Himself and Trip. The Vulans might have helped. They were willing to help Malcom and Travis in Breaking the Ice. Still think that it was obvious that Archer wasn't doing the aliens any big favor as he was benefiting just as much. Trip, on the other hand, did not have to stay with the alien he refused rescue to stay and keep the alien alive until rescue arrived. That had to weigh much more with the aliens than information. Had not Trip stayed the Alien probably would have been dead when his ship arrived to rescue him.

So my satement stands. T'Pol was wrong it was Trip not Archer who did more in one day than the Vulcans had in a year.

No one but a few on Enterprise knew what Trip did or was doing until after they were rescued. T'Pol was commenting on the fact that Archer (selfishly or not) became a diplomat and got the aliens to cooperate with him. He successfully negotiated with an alien race that the Vulcans had had years of contact with and failed to get anywhere with. Once they were rescued Trip's actions would have been relayed to the aliens by their crewman and it would have served to strengthen any relationship Archer had forged.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:07 am

I don't even think Archer was particularly eloquent but the fact remains he did convince them. What Trip did solidified things, gave the aliens a preview of how lovely humans could be... However, it was Archer in charge therefore he gets the credit. Such is the way of history rightly or wrongly.

OK back OT: Anyone???????

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:23 am

Okay... I loved the Hayes/Hoshi relationship in Honeybee's "E2: Implications". It didn't seem forced or terribly OC. It just worked...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:26 am

OMG I could totally see that! I mean if Malcolm wasn't around... But they really are a lot alike. I think that one was NC-17 so I didn't read it. But If she ever doesn it again out of decon SIGN ME UP! :D

Fics

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 am

I loved the scene where Hoshi sits with the MACOs and they all rise and call her ma'am! I think I developed a sort of group crush on all of them for the remainder of that episode. I wondered at that point if they were going to let Hoshi have a fling with a MACO. Of course, he would probably have to die tragically in the Expanse.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 am

That would have been great to see, BJ, you're right. She didn't really seem to fit with any of the guys on the bridge, so a MAcO would have been perfect if the writer's had wanted to add in another romance...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:24 pm

aadarshinah wrote:That would have been great to see, BJ, you're right. She didn't really seem to fit with any of the guys on the bridge.

Well, I don't agree with that, HOWEVER Hoshi and Hayes would have been a good pairing. Most people write that she married a MACO in the E2 universe.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”