The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Creativity Soundtrack

Postby ginamr » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 am

Depends on the genre of story I'm writing and the mood I'm going for.

Love conquers all kind of stories--Faith of the Heart (Rod Stewart), Whereever You Will Go (The Calling)

I'm Vulcan and I don't need your help--Miss Independent (Kelly Clarkson)

I'm feeling sexy and overconfident--Bitch (Meredith Brooks)

You get the idea.
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:13 pm

One last shot at generation names. Mine was known as "The Silent Generation" We were between WWII and the 60's.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 am

Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" is a fantastic sultry song. (Video is pretty racey so consider that when clicking the link.) Chris Isaak is HOT!

If I had to choose a sweet, romantic song for TnT... I might suggest either "Groovy Kind of Love" by Phil Collins or "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.

For dark, brooding Trip in my alternate MU: "Behind Blue Eyes" cover by Limp Bizkit. I also always thought this song would be appropriate for Sim and the conflicts that he goes through. I think someone made a great video with this song for Angry!Trip and Crazy!T'Pol of season 3 and their personal evolutions as well as the evolution of their relationship.

Hmmmm... that gives me an idea for a fic.... Dangit! :doubt:

I've got a million other songs that inspire my writing. I'll share more later. I've got to get back to writing. :-p
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 am

Wicked Game is a great, sexy choice.

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel would work, if one wanted to get really romantic.

Funny - when I was trying to get in T'Mir's head (as in my OC TnT teenager) - I listened to Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys - figuring that she would love it - and her parents wouldn't. I love the Beastie Boys -but I don't think Trip would so much. Nor would he want his 16 year old daughter to embrace them.

But - Intergalactic makes a great song to get one in the mood for writing a space battle.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:46 am

Yes, Alelou, I'll bet that is where the confusion is!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Misplaced wrote:Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" is a fantastic sultry song. (Video is pretty racey so consider that when clicking the link.) Chris Isaak is HOT!

If I had to choose a sweet, romantic song for TnT... I might suggest either "Groovy Kind of Love" by Phil Collins or "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds.

For dark, brooding Trip in my alternate MU: "Behind Blue Eyes" cover by Limp Bizkit. I also always thought this song would be appropriate for Sim and the conflicts that he goes through. I think someone made a great video with this song for Angry!Trip and Crazy!T'Pol of season 3 and their personal evolutions as well as the evolution of their relationship.
That video is awesome! I really liked it. I write without music (got enough noise in my living room already) or in silence, but I have also thought of Groovy kind of Love as song for TnT. For some reason I also think about TnT when I hear Billy Idols "Sweet sixteen" (I love that tune, but a title like "Eyes without a face" would problably fit a TnT fic better) andU2's Beautiful day.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Yeah, Groovy Kind of Love is actually my husband's and my song.

I think I love TnT so much because we practically are them. My husband is a lot like Trip (minus Southern drawl and sometimes volatile temper)... He's pretty down to earth, is very optimistic, is fiercely loyal, has a great sense of humor (teases me to distraction) and generally isn't all that brooding. Me, while I'm not all emotion-supressive like T'Pol, I am definitely more brooding and less sure of myself. I'm also more cautious and tend to be set in my ways. LOL We miscommunicate on a daily basis in the most ridiculous ways (even after 13 years of marriage). But overall, we are still madly in love with each other. I think that my own relationship with my own "Trip" (and yes, my husband is pretty hot too) heavily influences how I write them. LOL

Here is a song that inspired a chapter out of me for "Dark Echoes" last night... it's really only good for the MU -- or to work out to. :-p

"Breath" by Breaking Benjamin.

If I had to pick a theme song for the Mirror Universe, though, it would be "Stronger" by Trust Company. (Yeah, I'm a rocker, so sue me.)

"Brand New Day" by Forty Foot Echo makes me think of the angst when Trip leaves Enterprise.

I will tell you right now that I can keep this thread alive by myself for the next couple of years just sharing songs that make me think of our favorite couple. Music is a huge, huge part of my life. Heck, I have theme songs for my own experiences! :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Misplaced wrote:(Yeah, I'm a rocker, so sue me.)

I will tell you right now that I can keep this thread alive by myself for the next couple of years just sharing songs that make me think of our favorite couple. Music is a huge, huge part of my life. Heck, I have theme songs for my own experiences! :lol:

Nah that will leave me open to a lawsuit and I'm broke as it is! :-p But I hear ya, I have themesongs for the day!!!

What happened to My Sugarland post??? I know I put the age thing in to but it did stay OT!

I always thought Hoshi had a rather lonely life, at least before becoming a teacher, and then ENT. So Sarah Brightman reminds me a lot of her. Sarah Brightman just has a wistful melancholy tone in her voice no matter what she is singing. Although Medow Lark is my primary Hoshi song. Malcolm could be Mr. Monotony in season 1.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:07 am

Another good sex scene one: "You're So Close" by Peter Murphy. :mrgreen:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 pm

So I'm researching my brains out on broken hands (don't ask... whoever thinks that writing isn't work, isn't trying to be a writer. Rewarding work, but work!! LOL)... and I need a break. So here are some more favorite songs that make me think of TnT. :)

"A Little Love" by Meaghan Smith. She's got a quirky style and a gorgeous voice. I actually know Meaghan too. Yep, I do! Neat gal! The lyrics make me think more of Trip, especially just before the ghastly plot contrivance of Koss. (Love the episode otherwise. LOL)

"The Only Exception" a beautiful ballad by Paramore. It feels very T'Pol-ish to me. (And really personally strikes home for me. My husband is my only exception as I am rather cynical when it comes to love and romance. I guess that makes TnT an exception for me too. Because I do believe they live happily ever after. LOL)

"Break the Silence" by Jon Peter Lewis. I think this pretty much defines angsty TnT. In fact it would fit pretty well with their dynamics in my "Unexpected Too" fic. Not super angsty... just on the brink of awesomeness.

Lyrics for "Break the Silence":

If I could make my silence understood
We could be on the brink of something good
So I'll pretend to question what I already know
Try and believe you'll miss me if I go

And I feel like I should
Sometimes I think I could

I wanna close the window; I can scream out loud
To all the wrong things that I'm saying now

'Cause I feel like I should
'Cause you wish I would

But if I say I love you and if I lay it out
What if you say you love me to see how it sounds
But if you still can hear me what would it prove?
Just to break the silence I'm holding on to

Hold hold...

If I feel like I should
Because you wish I would

But if I say I love you and if I lay it out
What if you say you love me just 'cause you like the sound
But if you still can hear me what would it prove?
Just to break the silence I'm holding on to

If I could make my silence understood
We could be on the brink of something good

Alright back to researching. Does anyone know if someone geeked hardcore on trek and actually made a stellar map of the alpha quadrant, including human colonies? *bangs head against the wall* Ah... I feel so much better.

:raspberry:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Misplaced Broken hands.... Oooh that's gonna bake my noodle tonight. :twisted:

Well I went on a DL spree last night and came up with 2 songs for a love-bruised Trip, both by Del Amitri (I love this band) Surface Of The Moon, and Tell Her This. The former when he is on Columbia, the latter in the "morning after scene." :roll:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:26 am

Misplaced wrote:Alright back to researching. Does anyone know if someone geeked hardcore on trek and actually made a stellar map of the alpha quadrant, including human colonies?

There's an entire book called Star Trek: Star Charts. Some scans can be found here.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:00 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
Misplaced wrote:Alright back to researching. Does anyone know if someone geeked hardcore on trek and actually made a stellar map of the alpha quadrant, including human colonies?

There's an entire book called Star Trek: Star Charts. Some scans can be found here.

Merci!

On topic... I heard this song today and it made me think of T'Pol -- post-divorce but not ready to start something with Trip again (especially when Trip leaves for the Columbia):

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 am

OMG that is perfect! I think a good one for T'Pol might be Billie Holliday's In My Solitude, because really apart from Trip (Soval) she really doesn't have anyone.

Fics

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 am

I heard the Flight of the Conchords "Business Time" once only and I knew I had to make a Sex trek vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r19yxDDqko
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”