What if the crew had remembered the events of "Twilight"?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: What if the crew had remembered the events of "Twilight"?

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Alelou wrote:Blalock handled them just the way I'd want from a TnT point of view, radiating a sort of private disgust

Perfect description of JBs performance in this ep.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Although some have pointed out its flaws, it is a very well done episode, SB. It's fast paced and dense - and if you are looking at it with an open mind - it says a lot about the characters. The A/T stuff is very subtle and very non traditional as love stories go, given that he can't remember her devotion to him. Even Sussman admits, there's no chance for a real relationship while Archer is sick. Add to that, her clear motivation in caring for Archer is guilt, it's not really much of a romance at all. Phlox mistakes it for one, imo.

And even with Archer saving the day in the final scene, T'Pol, Phlox, Malcolm and Trip all get to be heroic in the episode as well. I've heard people complain that the ship is destroyed on Trip's watch - but that doesn't bother me since it's clear he's kept the ship and crew and colony safe for eight years in the episode - far longer than Archer was Captain - it's just that their luck runs out - ironically, when Phlox is followed by a Xindi agent as he is returning to help Archer.

And I agree with Alelou, whatever Sussman's original intent, as played, T'Pol's feelings for Archer are nothing more than a creepy Florence Nightingale syndrome thing - and she reacts far more with irritation to Phlox and Soval than some of kind of knowing acknowledgment. I did play with that in Dusk, as well as just how annoyed T'Pol is with Archer in the coda. Really, as the ultimate Archer/T'Pol episode - it's a pretty sad thing for fans of that pairing.

edited to add: Although, to assuage some of the SuperArcher! irritation, wouldn't it have been interesting if say - Archer had been killed in the Xindi attack on the ship - but the parasites in his brain would remain until the warp drive breach happened. So, maybe T'Pol would have to go to Trip and say "trust me", it will be better if the ship is destroyed. Have it be really unexpected - Hoshi having to make that choice - or Malcolm. I'm remembering the Buffy episode where Cordelia is the only one who "remembers" the good timeline and is killed very early on - but she manages to babble to Giles about the other timeline - and he decides to trust her and pursue a reset.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:41 pm

honeybee wrote:Although, to assuage some of the SuperArcher! irritation, wouldn't it have been interesting if say - Archer had been killed in the Xindi attack on the ship - but the parasites in his brain would remain until the warp drive breach happened. So, maybe T'Pol would have to go to Trip and say "trust me", it will be better if the ship is destroyed. Have it be really unexpected - Hoshi having to make that choice - or Malcolm.

Ooh, that would be an interesting read. Anyone up for the challenge?

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Or if, due to her different brain and so forth, if T'Pol started to remeber the events of twilight, say, in a series of disturbing dreams.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

That's your story, isn't it?

I haven't read it in soooo long.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Much as I hate to. I have to get the DVD out and view this Episode so I can deal with it with some knowledge.

What put me off in the first place was the interview with Sussman and his claim that it was a AinT love story. But fter reading Dusk and this thread it seems to have more in the Episode than that. Even that seems to have been cut down.

The things I do for this series. I love the TnT characters so much.

Anyone who doesn't have the dvd can watch it here: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=star+trek+enterprise+season+3&st=1 Just scroll down and click on "Twilight". I haven't rewatched it yet. I will, probably tomorrow. :)
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:13 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Or if, due to her different brain and so forth, if T'Pol started to remember the events of twilight, say, in a series of disturbing dreams.

Alelou wrote:That's your story, isn't it?

I haven't read it in soooo long.

No, my story isn't about the Twilight ep. (They do spend part II of the fic, remembering part I. But that's cause of the bond.) So this would be quite different than that. Also, T'Pol *likes* remembering part I of my story (cause it's about Trip), but with Twilight memories, she would be quite horrified at all these AinT interactions coming up in her brain.

Anyone up for requests? lol

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Ah, well, that's pretty much what I already did, but because she was sitting there in meditation during the transition. I figure that's pseudo Vulcan brain mumbo jumbo mumble mumble enough to maybe get away with it...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”