BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:55 pm

That and the fact that she isn't mega famous like all the people you are mentioning. It's a good thing that photogs don't watch her every move. She can go to the beach with her son and not have pics taken. She can take him to school and not have people shout at him. People like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie realease photos and they STILL deal with it. It is an invasion of privacy when "fans" complain that she SHOULD show pictures of her son, and cry when she chooses not too. Nobody has the right to damand access of any kind to her family.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am

diggity
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:34 am

Hoo, Boy, did I stir up a Hornests Nest. Wow.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:31 am

So now you've been spanked about wedding dresses AND babies. Clearly we can see which sex is in charge. Now, creep away and lick your wounds and plan your next sally. :lol: :surprisehug:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Okay, in the largest Newspaper in Arizona there is a column called the Scene. Perhaps it is also in your local paper. In it Clebreties, famous people, etc announce pregnancies, births of babies, Names of the babies ( lord only knows where they come up with some of the names) also children they may have had with an ex husband or lover. Lots of them. They don't try to hide anything, are not worried about sneaking Phtogs. They are proud of the coming child, the birth of a child. some of them aren't marreid but still announce they are going to be the parents of a child or chidren if it isa multiple birth. Hell on ocasion the father will still be married to another woman and they still announce the coming birth. These are known peoole, many household names. So, the idea that famous people don't reveal pregnacies or the birth of a child is suspect.

JB is not a household name or particuarl y famous. Most of her appearances have been in SciFi venues except for a few (the appearance in House comes to mnd) So highlly doubt if she would be hounded by the rags or Paparzzi. Think she fcould walk around with her child and not raise any rukuis. True, fans like us wo adore her woould be all oveer her but just to see her adorable child.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

But she doesn't WANT that obviously. Jeeze SB I don't understand you issue with this. Just because you're a fan and want to see her kid doesn't mean she is in any way obligated to oblige fans with this part of her life. It's her job to promote her projects and to be courteous at public appearences. It is NOT her job to open up her private life to anyone, in any way she does not choose too. And the rest of us do not matter!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Silverbullet wrote: So, the idea that famous people don't reveal pregnacies or the birth of a child is suspect.

It's not an idea, and it's not suspect. It's a matter of fact.

Look, I can prove it: Jolene chose not to publicise the birth of her child.

If you still feel for some reason that you are entitled to see somebody else's child or that there must be some ulterior motive for them not showing it to you then you have probably missed your calling as a paparazzi photographer or gossip magazine editor. I don't think you will find many others who agree with that point of view.
Last edited by Cogito on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:42 pm

I agree that celebs are under no obligation to put their private lives, especially their children out there. Many don't. The public may be aware that they have children but they are never shown in public and no pictures appear anywhere. JB's hubby is wealthy so I'd think they might be worried about kidnappings etc as well as the over the top intrusions and unwanted attention. We have no idea what may ave happened to make them publicity shy but jumping to them hiding something like an ill child is irrational. Personally I think all celebs children should be off limits until they are old enough to understand and can handle the press etc on their own. I'd be happy if we went back to the good old days when the celebs and their publicists kept their private lives as private as possible. Just because we enjoy what they do professionally doesn't mean we are entitled to anything beyond their professional lives.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:13 pm

These days some celebs flaunt teir personal lives. Get caght with Drugs, driving drunk, mouthing off in public. all drawing negative publicity.

I can remember a time when celebraties took their childen to public events, proudly. It was a better time when respect was given to people in the public eye. Not so today. Still

I believe that many if not most now have body guards for themselves and their chidren though that is not nade public.

SB
Last edited by Silverbullet on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Most of the chatting here is pretty light hearted. But I have to tell you I would not care to have Jolene see these discussions speculating about her child. It's really not something I want to be associated with.
Last edited by Cogito on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Cogito, if it makes you uncomfortable then by alll means do not associate yourself with this dscussion. Although your input will be missed.

SB

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:31 pm

The big bad administrator is going to side with Cogito on this. No more discussion of horrible things that could happen to celebrities. We have established that she had the baby (probably) and we all wish her well! :thumbsup:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 pm

copy that.

I bet it's a cute baby.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:12 pm

mY posts were edited at the request of JY to delete certain references. I have done so but asked JT to request anyone else who may have made references to things like KIdnapping, etc to edit their posts too.

SB

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:37 am

Yes, I'm asking everyone to voluntarily go back and remove mentions of horribly unpleasant topics from the posts in THIS particular thread (not every thread). Keep in mind that it is remotely possible the person we are congratulating may one day see it. Thanks, guys :thumbsup:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”