The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Silverbullet wrote:KTR, any other information? Gender of the Baby? Name? When born.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, her wikipedia entry says it's a boy named Ryder James Rapino, born on May 25th 2010.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:49 pm

A large perentage of the people are proud of their baby.. Think theirs is the most beautiful in cration. Tie down in chairs, Family, Friends, Neighbors, to look at baby potos.

SB
Last edited by Silverbullet on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Well, I totally disagree. Another reason you keep your family life separate from your fans is simply for privacy. You don't want to drag them into your work world, which might not be appropriate for them. Especially if you make your living as an actor/sex symbol. Would Jolene really want her baby to be the next Suri or Zahara? And if she does make her living as a sexy actress, the whole LOOK! I'M PREGANT! thing doesn't help her get jobs.

My kids used to make it into my husband's columns occasionally (some amusing anecdote) and it was never a problem, but it was kind of bizarre when the random person on the street would say "On right! I know you!" and repeat some odd detail to us.

And then for the children of amazingly beautiful stars, there is the pressure to be just as beautiful and amazing. The star who knows that pressure may want to shelter their own children from it until they can choose a path for themselves.

Having said all that, it wouldn't be so bad to be Jaden or Willow Smith, lol . . . !!!!!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:26 pm

For a parent who makes their living as a celebrity, fame is a fact of life I suppose. I don't know how people these people stand it, but they seem to.

But for a child I think it would be terrible to be famous.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Okay, many stars will show off a Baby but shelter a child. A baby will not be affected by the fame of the parent. A child will. Many children of famous parents have miserable lives trying to equal their famous parent.

Halle Berry loves to show off her Son. Others do too. They are Babies. can't walk, talk, reason or remember (much) most that they do is by instinct. So Jolene showing off her baby would not hurt it. Later perhaps. When she shows her baby people aren;t going to say isn't that the Sex Star. NO they will say what an adorable baby.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm not famous, never have been, never will be, wouldn't want to be. Some people seem to thrive on it and for these people I guess they may well want to show off their family to the world. The same mentality I think that makes some people want to tell the whole world everything they do via blogs and so on.

But I bet that there are plenty of famous people who see fame as the price for their chosen line of work. I expect these people would be far more careful and selective about what publicity they seek. I imagine that Jolene being seen in public as a hawt young babe is probably good for her career as an actress, if she cares about that. But being seen as a mum, probably not so good.

So, in my view there are plenty of credible reasons why Jolene might not want her family pushed into the limelight, and I wouldn't see any reason to look for more sinister motives.(And if her child is unlucky enough to be cursed with any of the problems SB mentioned, I'd want to respect her wishes to keep that private.)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Hallle Berry can be seen as a Hawt Babe. That last scene from Catwoman where she is Prancing and cracking that whip. She puts plenty of wiggle in her butt. She has done other films where she is more of a Sex kitten. but as I say she loves to show off her son.

Jolenes Husband might want the world to see his Son. He might be very proud of his child. Jolene really doens't need to act any more she does it because it is her career choice. but hubby is a multimillionaire and she is secure financially. so being seena as a Mum wouldn't hurt her in the least.

SB

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:18 pm

But if the baby has some kind of birth defect it would be bad? I think you're missing another option SB... JB is not as famous as Angelina Jolie, or Halle Berry (who has a daughter) JB is a moderately successful TV actress and has done middle of the road movies. Therefore she is in a position to keep her family life relatively private. And that's GOOD! But she is not what hollywood considers a Superstar.

And if you think about it, people like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, can't keep their kids hidden away, all they can do is have some limited control over how their kids respond to the attention. Something they seem to take seriously. You don't see the six Jolie-Pitts at press conferences, interviews, and comercials... Unlike Jenifer Lopez's children.

Anyway it's JB and her husband's choice whether they release information on their son. If they want to keep family private more power to them. At least they get the option.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I remember a happening at a con when connor refused to show even one of the pix on his digital camera of his son (he wanted to keep it private) and I've seen a couple of pix pf his kid, and the kid is super cute.

I think especially for trek actors who have crazed fans (like us) the feeling of wanting to shelter your kids from that is big.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm

If her son is mentioned in Jolene's bio, that is plenty of information. It's enough information. I don't think she isn't proud of being a mother or thinks it's bad for her image. Sometimes pictures get manipulated or you get a very negative response. As a mother I understand you want to protect your child against it. And even when the child is too young to realize, you are aware of it.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 pm

justTripn wrote:Well, I totally disagree. Another reason you keep your family life separate from your fans is simply for privacy. You don't want to drag them into your work world, which might not be appropriate for them. Especially if you make your living as an actor/sex symbol. Would Jolene really want her baby to be the next Suri or Zahara?

What she said!

As a very private person myself, I can see why they won't advertise their kids to the public.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
justTripn wrote:Well, I totally disagree. Another reason you keep your family life separate from your fans is simply for privacy. You don't want to drag them into your work world, which might not be appropriate for them. Especially if you make your living as an actor/sex symbol. Would Jolene really want her baby to be the next Suri or Zahara?

What she said!

As a very private person myself, I can see why they won't advertise their kids to the public.
I definitely agree with this another reason she might not want her babies picture in the press is because she wants her privacy and because of safety reasons the paparrazi are notorious for harassing celebrities to get a baby picture
Last edited by Reanok on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, releasing a photo to a publication of your own choosing will stop the Paparzzi rom climbing trees and trespassing.

Rabid fans of hers whho hang on to her blog and Twittter, want to know what she is doing when and where, everything we can learn. she may feel an obligation to her loyal fan base. A photo on her blog isn't going to inviade her privacy. If she controls what is happening it is far better. she is a public person a choice she made. Other famous people have learned that if you choose to become famous there are things that go with that. You live in a fish bowl when in public you should (or at least used to) lead a respectable life (Gibson, sheen, et al notwithstanding)

As far as doctored photos go how many have we seen? I remember one of t'Pol and Trip: he had a young child in his arms she she was carrying a baby. Take away the hair and you have JB.

SB

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:16 pm

You're writing as if we have a right to see her baby. We don't; it's her choice, and if she chooses not to put her baby in the public eye then we should respect that choice.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Cogito wrote:You're writing as if we have a right to see her baby. We don't; it's her choice, and if she chooses not to put her baby in the public eye then we should respect that choice.

:clap:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”