The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:22 pm

We *are* exceedingly reasonable. :) But y'know, *I'd* *still* probably whistle at Jolene. :twisted:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Oooookaaay. :shock: Does Priso think Trip is hot, too?

This is completely OT, but the whole totally open omnisexual thing that you guys of the younger generation have going on totally confuses me. I have NO idea how it works when someone of either gender is a possible temptation. How can you have friendships with anybody without making your spouse jealous? I mean, close friendships with males are traditionally off limits for married women in my generation, as are close friendships with women for married males my age. But we can usually have pals of the same gender that we hang out with on weekends when the SO is out of town or unavailable without creating a conflict. Do you guys totally lack the possessiveness gene, or are you that trusting of each other? Or do you just never go anywhere seperately? :vulcan:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm not actually attracted to women sexually, but I am 21st-century-sexual enough (wtvr that means) that I can objectively look at Jolene and go: "Yep. I definitely definitely get it."

I am *not* one of those chicks who makes out with her friends just to get attention while drunk at bars tho, as many chicks do these days.

Works both ways too: I told Lee (jokingly) that if I somehow ran into Jon Stewart, I was going to be obligated to seduce him as he is so damn intelligent and I respect him so highly, that it just makes him sexy. And Lee said, "Hell, if *I* run into Jon, you're gonna have some competition."

:lol: And he's most DEFINITELY not gay or bi. He's a breasts man 100%. He's just also totally 100% open to the homosexuality concept in spacetime, and thus can joke about it with comfortable ease. ;) I think we are the oldest age of young people (born 1980) to have pretty much grown up with homosexuality as an "okay" thing, and our particular upbringings were very hetero & homo friendly. Everybody welcome and all that.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Ah. That must be it, then. We don't joke about stuff like that. It's a bit different environment here down in south Louisiana. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:08 am

Hmmm... I agree with enterprikayak, or, at least, share her veiwpoint....

Then again, I've full confidence that I'll end up one of those "non-practising homosexuals" the narratator of John Iriving's A Prayer for Owen Meany talks about... (If you've not read the book, the relevant quote is here.)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:33 am

Purely anecdotal, but in Jolene's case the consensus among a lot of women (not necessarily "younger", either) is "I'm not that gay, she's just that hot."

I don't think sexual fluidity means you can't be friends with someone of the same sex without making your spouse jealous. That's akin to the same fallacy that if you're heterosexual, and another person of the same sex in the room is homosexual, they automatically want you because you're the sex of interest.

But then, I guess I couldn't be married to someone who wasn't down with me being friends with people of the opposite sex, either, as I would resent the assumption that I must be doing something wrong. So regardless of sexual orientation, I believe it's a trust issue.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:43 am

Boy di THIS conversation take a strange turn :wtf:

Jolene Blalock is a beautiful woman for sure! I wouldn't want to DO her but I would like to LOOK LIKE her.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 am

Distracted wrote:Ah. That must be it, then. We don't joke about stuff like that. It's a bit different environment here down in south Louisiana. 8)

Yeah South Louisiana isn't famous for their marijuana either. :lol:

Aquarius wrote:Purely anecdotal, but in Jolene's case the consensus among a lot of women (not necessarily "younger", either) is "I'm not that gay, she's just that hot."

S'all I'm sayin'. :popcorn:

:lol:
Last edited by enterprikayak on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 am

`

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:50 am

Aquarius wrote:Purely anecdotal, but in Jolene's case the consensus among a lot of women (not necessarily "younger", either) is "I'm not that gay, she's just that hot."

I don't think sexual fluidity means you can't be friends with someone of the same sex without making your spouse jealous. That's akin to the same fallacy that if you're heterosexual, and another person of the same sex in the room is homosexual, they automatically want you because you're the sex of interest.

But then, I guess I couldn't be married to someone who wasn't down with me being friends with people of the opposite sex, either, as I would resent the assumption that I must be doing something wrong. So regardless of sexual orientation, I believe it's a trust issue.

Well, sometimes your husband surprises you with his jealousy issues, and then you really have to choose between your husband and your friends of the same gender.

And so you choose. Not entirely happily, perhaps, but you kind of already made your choice there if you married the dude.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Yep. So true. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I like the museum, enterprikayak. :D
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:54 pm

50% of the people in this world are of the opposite sex and 50% are of the same sex, so whatever your orientation, it will be an issue if you live in the world. I do have male friends who are heterosexual and female friends who are homosexual. In fact I have alot of male friends because of astronomy. I am vaugely aware that if we are out observing and I say, "Shoot, I forgot my pencil/flashlight/guidebook/eyepiece someone is likely to help me out, lol . . . " and I suspect that has something to do with heteorsexuality, lol . . . but anyway . . . In my 12 years in a club of mostly men, no one has ever "hit" on me OR VICE VERSA! I think Aquarius is right that it's about trust and, I'll add, respect. Are there potential pitfalls, yes? Am I going to lock myself in the house wearing a burka? NO! It's not THAT big a deal.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

People you hang out with in groups is one thing. Real friends you have a one-on-one relationship with is another. I have had a friend since high school I enjoy talking about religion and music and painting and gardening with (generally speaking, things my husband couldn't care less about), but I've had to pretty much let it go even though I personally am convinced my friend is a closeted gay, because my husband just hates that relationship. Once in awhile we keep in touch, but there's just no point in making my husband crazy over it, which (luckily) my friend understands. As it is I still push things once in awhile if my friend has a new art show up or something, and I have to put up with some real marital tension to do it. Do I think my husband is completely healthy in this regard? No. I resent this about him, actually. But I married him, so when push comes to shove I'll always honor that commitment first.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Yep, you're right. :?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”