You Say MU, I say MU

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

You Say MU, I say MU

Postby honeybee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:50 pm

I have noticed that we've got four (by my count) MU stories either in progress or on the front page.

Misplaced's got her Reflections story, Pdsldl has Double Vision, Lady Rainbow has her Hoshi-centric A Pact with Mephisto and my story A Mirror Cracked is still on the front page, though complete.

I was talking to LR about how we both sympathize with Hoshi. I especially think she didn't really turn bad until Forrest's death. In my story, she was the villain, not the protagonist like in LR's story - but I tried to make her someone who you could feel sorry for and could see being the RU Hoshi under different circumstances.

Anyway, feel free to discuss all the ongoing stories and the MU in general here.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Re: You Say MU, I say MU

Postby EntAllat » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 pm

I wrote an humorous (yes, funny) MU short story a while back that I posted to FanFiction.net. It's a Trip/Malcolm friendship story with a twist but TnT is a given. Would it be appropriate for "Main Engineering" section?

If so, I'll go brush it up a little bit and send it in.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Sent it along! We'll find a place for it! :thumbsup:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 pm

EntAllat wrote:I wrote an humorous (yes, funny) MU short story a while back that I posted to FanFiction.net. It's a Trip/Malcolm friendship story with a twist but TnT is a given. Would it be appropriate for "Main Engineering" section?

You better send it over!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

EntAllat wrote:I wrote an humorous (yes, funny) MU short story a while back that I posted to FanFiction.net. It's a Trip/Malcolm friendship story with a twist but TnT is a given. Would it be appropriate for "Main Engineering" section?

*taps foot*

Well?? You done brushing it up and sending it in??

:mrgreen:
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm thinking we should figure out a way to put all our Reeds into a cage fight of some kind. :badgrin:

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 pm

honeybee wrote:I'm thinking we should figure out a way to put all our Reeds into a cage fight of some kind. :badgrin:

:guffaw: That would beat a UFC show any day!

:vulcan: Hmmm.... perhaps we have another round robin idea here.... :raspberry:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 pm

The only thing I absolutely cannot stand about the MU is Malcolm is the origional "red shirt" at least on screen... I guess what makes it cool in fanfic is because you can twist it more than RU and most AU even... Although Malcolm tends to die even in the fanfiction too. :(
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 am

Misplaced wrote:
honeybee wrote:I'm thinking we should figure out a way to put all our Reeds into a cage fight of some kind. :badgrin:

That would be cool...some interdimensional collector decides he/she/it wants to pick up as many versions of a single person as possible and poor Malcolm (in all universes) draws the short straw. :raspberry: :badgrin:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 am

WarpGirl wrote:The only thing I absolutely cannot stand about the MU is Malcolm is the origional "red shirt" at least on screen... I guess what makes it cool in fanfic is because you can twist it more than RU and most AU even... Although Malcolm tends to die even in the fanfiction too. :(

There were a few things that I was disappointed about with the episodes that aired. Soval is one of them.

Nice thing about my Alternate MU is I get to tell the story I wished I had seen onscreen.

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 am

Ah, Reflections is a freakin' classic.

But I guess most of us were disappointed with what we saw on screen, and everyone has different reasons to be disappointed. Personally, and because I have a one track mind, I wanted TnT to have some sort of resolution concerning the forced mind melds thing. And I still don't get how a Vulcan couldn't just wipe the floor with a Human in hand to hand combat. :vulcan:
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:43 am

Misplaced wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:The only thing I absolutely cannot stand about the MU is Malcolm is the origional "red shirt" at least on screen... I guess what makes it cool in fanfic is because you can twist it more than RU and most AU even... Although Malcolm tends to die even in the fanfiction too. :(

There were a few things that I was disappointed about with the episodes that aired. Soval is one of them.

Nice thing about my Alternate MU is I get to tell the story I wished I had seen onscreen.

Well knowing what I know... Ooops must... not... blab! Dear god you simply have got to get the rest of reflections posted. Its killing me not being able to write a proper review because its so darn bloody brilliant. And I simply cannot do it in individual chapters because I know how it ends... I cannot wait for Dark Echoes at least then I get a brilliant surprise to keep me in suspence.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:21 am

Regarding the whole mind meld issue, I spent 14 whole chapters resolving that, so I thought about it a lot. In my story, Trip is really pissed about it for a long time and takes great delight in reminding her. But finally, I was like - hey, maybe you shouldn't have back a corrupt pony like Archer? T'Pol was doing her job, albeit ruthlessly. But she's not the one who tossed you in the booth. It was Archer, the same a-hole mutineer who T'Pol was fighting against.

Don't get me wrong, given their affection, she didn't make a wise or kind choice. But she did her job in the mean MU and that's what you get for backing MU Archer. In my story, Trip finally realizes this and forgives her.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:48 am

Misplaced wrote:
Aquarius wrote:

You better send it over!

*taps foot*

Well?? You done brushing it up and sending it in?? :mrgreen:

LOL! :D Just for that, you get a two fer. I sent the MU one in and I'm brushing up a TnT short to send that in tomorrow. If I get on a roll maybe I'll finish the one called "Circle in the Sand" I've been meaning to work on for months now.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Misplaced wrote:

:guffaw: :guffaw: Please make my day and write that fic!
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”