The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Re: You Say MU, I say MU

Postby Misplaced » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 pm

EntAllat wrote:LOL! :D Just for that, you get a two fer. I sent the MU one in and I'm brushing up a TnT short to send that in tomorrow. If I get on a roll maybe I'll finish the one called "Circle in the Sand" I've been meaning to work on for months now.

:happyjump:
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:56 am

Misplaced wrote:
EntAllat wrote:LOL! :D Just for that, you get a two fer. I sent the MU one in and I'm brushing up a TnT short to send that in tomorrow. If I get on a roll maybe I'll finish the one called "Circle in the Sand" I've been meaning to work on for months now.

Aaaaaannnnnddddddd.... It was worth it! :) Thank you for the laugh!
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Misplaced wrote:
Misplaced wrote:

Aaaaaannnnnddddddd.... It was worth it! :) Thank you for the laugh!

You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it! :D

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 am

I have a question, EntAllat, in your story - just how far do you think Reed got into Finnegan's Wake! And would he claim to actual understand it?
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:13 am

honeybee wrote:I have a question, EntAllat, in your story - just how far do you think Reed got into Finnegan's Wake! And would he claim to actual understand it?

Well ... since he and Tucker spent so much time arguing about the situation, I doubt he would have had time to finish it. As for understanding it? I think he might just, difficult as that book may be. It would fit Reed's questionably sane personality in the Mirror Universe, I think. At least he'd claim to understand it even if he didn't really.

What do you think?

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

I take the firm position that while Ulysses makes sense on some levels, Finnegan's Wake does not make sense on any level. So, I think anyone who claims to "get" it is a big liar. :D

So says the English major who took a Joyce class and even the professor admitted that.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 pm

honeybee wrote:I take the firm position that while Ulysses makes sense on some levels, Finnegan's Wake does not make sense on any level. So, I think anyone who claims to "get" it is a big liar. :D

So says the English major who took a Joyce class and even the professor admitted that.

LOL!! :lol:

Then the Major probably would lie about understanding it. And the conversation that ensued between him and Tucker was even more ironic given what Malcolm was trying to read. :) FWiW, I've never read it or even attempted to. It just seemed appropriately 'mirror' for repeating that aspect of Shuttlepod One as well as appropriately difficult - like Ulysses.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:36 pm

OK sorry to put this out there but I had too, I like MU Trip's hair better. RU Trip's hair reminds me a little of Richie Cunningham. Not there is anything wrong with a young delicious Ron Howard, :drool: But I prefer the spikey look on CT.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Then the Major probably would lie about understanding it. And the conversation that ensued between him and Tucker was even more ironic given what Malcolm was trying to read. :) FWiW, I've never read it or even attempted to. It just seemed appropriately 'mirror' for repeating that aspect of Shuttlepod One as well as appropriately difficult - like Ulysses.

Well, we can always speculate that in the MU Finnegan's Wake does make sense. :lol: Maybe Joyce was channeling his alternate self when he wrote it, that plus the cocaine would explain the book.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby EntAllat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

honeybee wrote:

Well, we can always speculate that in the MU Finnegan's Wake does make sense. :lol: Maybe Joyce was channeling his alternate self when he wrote it, that plus the cocaine would explain the book.

:guffaw:

I like that.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 am

That's seriously one of the better plays on MU "opposites" I've seen. I tried to weave a bunch of them into my story, but dammit I wish I had thought of that one. I just had a line about Trip not wanting to spend his last hours cooped up in a shuttlepod with Reed. I did some others. Lizzie being alive was a big one.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”