Kind of wife TPol would be?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Kind of wife TPol would be?

Postby panyasan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:34 am

I thought of another interesting piece of information, concerning gender roles in Vulcan society. In VOY there is a very interesting conversation between a child and Tuvok. He explains that he has 7 childern and also that he invested a great part in their upbringing. What I understood from that conversation is that both he and his wife raise the childern and are doing the house hold. Which is of course the logical course of action, I remember him telling that as a father he had specific tasks to teach his childern how to control their emotions, as his wife has others tasks. It's a joined effort to raise and take care of childern. It struck me as very Vulcan.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Kind of wife TPol would be?

Postby ginamr » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 pm

At most I can see an arched eyebrow in a :doubt: manner when he indulges the male urge for meat and lots of it, but I don't think she'd want try to control his food and clothing choices. Again, if there's a shirt she doesn't like, she may arch an eyebrow in a :doubt: manner or make a dry joke about its baudyness like I do with my honey :), but the choice would be his in the end.

That's what is nice about T'Pol's character...she's not the naggy woman who insists that her man wear what she wants...then again, she's Vulcan :D Good thing, too. I think that's why she suits him. Though Trip might accept the nagginess, in the end he'd be miserable.
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”