Casualties in Season 3

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: Casualties in Season 3

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 pm

I don't think any of us want/expect a bloodbath, we just want realistic consequences when Enterprise gets attacked.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm

I found the lack of casualties in the first couple of seasons unrealistic, considering the number of times Trip had to get out a fire extinguisher, panels sparked right in peoples' faces, bulkheads collapsed, and we heard someone say, "We're venting atmosphere." (I think a couple of people died here and there, but not many, all things considered.)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Well there has never been realistic consquences in ST. And the bloodbath remark wasn't meant to be literal. However the casualty and fatality numbers were weird.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Transwarp, I am not going to research a press conference given by Eisenhower over 70 years ago. It isn't that important. Eisenhower may have been quoting text book doctrine for all I know or care.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Brandyjane wrote:I found the lack of casualties in the first couple of seasons unrealistic, considering the number of times Trip had to get out a fire extinguisher, panels sparked right in peoples' faces, bulkheads collapsed, and we heard someone say, "We're venting atmosphere." (I think a couple of people died here and there, but not many, all things considered.)

More unrealistic is the number of hull fractures/breaches in Damage. Doubt any spaceship will support a tenth of that, before the advent of shielding...

As for the panels sparking, my experience with electronics says that at maximum we have some smoke...

Among the 23 dead people counted by Malcolm on Council, there was a crewman (female)
blown-up to space when the fanatic self-exploded in Chosen Realm.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”