T'Pol being chosen for duty on Enterprise

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pol being chosen for duty on Enterprise

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 pm

T'Pol was cute and charming, sexy too, perfect for a Human Captain.
Eh damn! This engineer, meddler and charming! :banghead:
Who the hell has sent him on Enterprise? :roll:
Spoilsport! :bitch:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Just revisited "Cease Fire" for research in preparation of a rather insane project, I'm planning and I found this little bit :

SOVAL: What is their fixation with our ears?
T'POL: I believe they're envious.
SOVAL: Do you realise you've picked up a slight human accent? You were one of the most promising members of my staff, T'Pol. If you'd stayed in San Francisco, you'd be the Assistant Counsel by now. You might even have a diplomatic posting of your own.
T'POL: I am aware of that.
SOVAL: Then why have you remained on Enterprise?
T'POL: We believed they needed our help when they first developed warp drive. That hasn't changed.
SOVAL: Captain Archer's record is evidence of that, but there are others who can assist them.
T'POL: I find the work gratifying.

It would appear that T'Pol was assigned to Enterprise against Soval's recommendation or do I read to much into it?

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:04 pm

I think Soval probably picked her for the eight-day mission to take Klang home because he trusted that she would keep the humans in line and help them avoid getting destroyed by the Klingons. She might not be enthusiastic about the mission, but I don't think they would send anyone but their best on something so important. However, maybe Soval didn't support her decision to stay aboard as science officer. After all, isn't she his protegee? He probably did want her back on Earth where she could rise through the ranks in a more respectable way. And with her gone, he'd have to train someone else. That's never fun.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Kotik wrote:Just revisited "Cease Fire" for research in preparation of a rather insane project, I'm planning and I found this little bit :

SOVAL: What is their fixation with our ears?
T'POL: I believe they're envious.
SOVAL: Do you realise you've picked up a slight human accent? You were one of the most promising members of my staff, T'Pol. If you'd stayed in San Francisco, you'd be the Assistant Counsel by now. You might even have a diplomatic posting of your own.
T'POL: I am aware of that.
SOVAL: Then why have you remained on Enterprise?
T'POL: We believed they needed our help when they first developed warp drive. That hasn't changed.
SOVAL: Captain Archer's record is evidence of that, but there are others who can assist them.
T'POL: I find the work gratifying.

It would appear that T'Pol was assigned to Enterprise against Soval's recommendation or do I read to much into it?

I think you're reading into it. T'Pol has outlasted any other Vulcan who's tried the same thing, and I think his remarks are more or less an expression of surprise/disappointment that her career has taken a different turn than expected.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am

Maybe I am way too sentimental but I always saw Soval's so-called "disaproval" as more... Wanting T'Pol to be in a place where she isn't in danger of career suicide and for lack of a better term safe. I'm probably using the wrong word. He has been helping the humans on the down low for years. But he doesn't want her to take so many public risks. She does tend to have HUGE public problems. And I think Soval cares for her so much that he doesn't like the risks.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:40 am

Kotik wrote:SOVAL: Then why have you remained on Enterprise?

But that could also indicate that he assigned (as ambassador, either he did it or some one did it as his delegate) T'Pol for a short mission, expecting her to be back in 7-10 days (don't know how long from Earth to Kronos). When she asked to stay he began to wonder about her interrupted diplomatic career.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Amazing how one can read in whatever thing, everything and the contrary of everything.
Oh well, the world goes like this.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Asso wrote:Amazing how one can read in whatever thing, everything and the contrary of everything.

Poetic touch :D

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:00 am

Thank you. :D

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”