The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Challenge Idea

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:18 am

Darn doctors and their darn latin fluency.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:51 am

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but it should be Auribus Teneo Lupum... but, other than that, props on getting the ablative of means right.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 am

Well, I copied it from a web listing of latin mottos, so I can't take the credit or the blame. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:00 am

well, the word for ear is auris, auris, f., which declines as

auris aures
aurem aurium
auri auribus
auris aures
aure auribus

Which basically means, I've no idea where they got the e, only that it's wrong. *shrugs* nite

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Updaaaate!!

13. Amor est vitae essentia by panyasan, posted
14. Variatio Delectat by Kotik, posted
15. Auribus Teneo Lupum by Distracted, submitted (and aadarshinah has a copy)
16. tba by aadarshinah
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Just a question. Is this the last round or are we continuing the story?

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 pm

I suppose that depends on what aadarshinah comes up with. I'm not sure how you want to end this now that you've introduced the pregnancy. I was thinking we'd end it soon, though.
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I am going to *try* to finish the story with my chappie. I don't have much written of it yet, so we'll see how it goes. But this will def be the last round either way.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 pm

That's what I'm a tad worried about. We've got a lot of loose ends to tie up, so either the last chapters are going to be a bit on the longer side or it'll appear rushed, so I think we should discuss that beforehand. :)

I wouldn't be against another round, but looks like y'all prepared to end it. Do you think you can conclude it aadarshinah ?

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I might be able to... like I said, I've got only a little reason and a decent idea of how to do it. Even a chapter title picked out.... *drumroll* Ne Plus Ultra.... which litterally translated means nothing beyond this point and, a little more figurtively, means basically the highest example of something, as well as a place (or thing) which cannot be taken further. Writing it out like that makes it sound a bit pretentious, but, if I can't wrap it up, I'll end up changing the title...

Maybe someone could do an epilogue? To tie up whatever can't be managed? Just a one-or-two- page thing. Idk. we'll have to see.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 am

The final chapter was not supposed to be written by panyasam (end of this round)? As for the epilogue, it will depend on how the last round will cover the remaining (and newly inserted) topics. I had an idea for an epilogue, but I'm not sure it will fit the current trend.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Enerdhil wrote:The final chapter was not supposed to be written by panyasam (end of this round)?
That's what I thought also, after the discussion about round three (this round) in this thread:
aadarshinah wrote:Then here's what we have so far for round three:

14: Kotik (?)
15: Distracted - confirmed
16: aadarshinah - confirmed
17: Enerdhil - confirmed, but willing to change places
18: Ginamr (?)
19: panyasan (?)

In this scenario, Enerdhil writes the chapter after aadarshinah, followe by Ginamr (I don't know if she confirmed writing chapter 18) and me (I did confirm). If that's changed, let me know.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Let's get this cleared. who is yet to come? why where Enerdhil, Ginamr and Panyasan missing from the last update? I think if Aadarshinah 'closes' the story it'd be sort of unfair on the others, wouldn't it? :shock:

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

...idk guys. I'm getting "end the story" from one end and "start closing it so that it can be ended soon" from another, and idk what the deal is. I can see the reasons for both, so... what do we want to do? Opinions - from everyone involved - before we come to a desision please.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 pm

As far as I remember, it was earlier (couple pages back) stated that panyasan does the last chapter due to being last one in the round. I'm not aware of any changes in that plan. If either of the authors yet to come (Enerdhil, ginamr, panyasan) will opt out, please say so in time, but else I think we (hopefully) still have 4 chappies to look forward to :D

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”