JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT! :)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT! :)

Postby Aquarius » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Thank you to everyone who participated in June! It was one of our most productive months yet.

New month, new prompt. For those just joining us, here's how it works: every month I give you a word or short phrase. You write a story about Trip and/or T'Pol based on whatever thoughts that prompt evokes. Any style, any length is cool. Pieces that are short and suitable for general audiences may be posted to the thread. Otherwise, submit it for archival through normal channels. Also, don't forget our "it's never too late" policy: prompts don't expire!

Inspired by the fireworks that are a part of upcoming Independence Day celebrations, your prompt this month is...

SPARKS

Now go write something. Scoot!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT! :)

Postby honeybee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Oh cool - so many possibilities!

I'm in!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Sparks...

Now that's a penalty without a goalie :mrgreen:

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

SPARKS: Missing Scene from Home (JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT!)

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 pm

That's my contribution to the July 2010 Word Prompt. Sorry for the (inevitable) mistakes, there was no beta reading on it:

SPARKS: Missing Scene from Home
By Enerdhil

T’Pol stood up and walked around the room. She was sure Koss would appear tomorrow to discuss the broken betrothal. She tried to restrain her anxiety, but she couldn’t meditate or rest. She slipped out of her room and opened the door of the guest’s room.

“May I?” – She whispered.

“Come in.” – Trip answered in soft voice – “I thought you’re already retired to meditate.”

“Sorry Trip, I and mother argued again, family’s matters. Can’t yet meditate. I am worried she resigned from the Academy.”

“Maybe she only wants to have more time to herself.”

“Mother is not so old; it is too early she to retire. Her life will be empty and useless without Academy’s duties. Vulcan society rewards merit and she will not be able to gain it again.”

“Do you want me to address this subject with her?”

“No, I must do it myself again. Maybe tomorrow we will be on better moods.”

She stood still for a few moments. She remembered Trip, almost three years before, advising her to do what she wanted, when Koss’ family urged the marriage. Now there were other factors to weight, her wish to follow Starfleet, the soft attraction developed between she and Trip, Vulcan traditions and her mother’s situation. He noticed she was absent.

“T’Pol, the matter is really worrying you! May I help in someway?”

“Thank you, I don’t feel you can help at this point. Maybe I only need a little distraction, detour the mind to other matters.”

She moved close to him and gave a soft kiss. He was surprised but corresponded. – “If you had not told her about us, your Mom’s home appears to be not the best place for intimate moments!”

“Don’t worry, Vulcan houses are well soundproof and my mother has retired long ago.” She striped her robes off and approached him. – “Let’s have some intimacy; I really would appreciate exploring human sexuality tonight.”

He smiled – “If you put on these terms, it appears that the lab rat here cannot refuse the stimulus …”

She held on a few seconds – “Trip, do you remember the Khavorta posture pressure points?”

“Sure T’Pol, but do you want start neuropressure just now?”

“No, but the Khavorta is often used to help a Vulcan, who has difficulty in suppressing his emotions. However, you have to press slightly harder than we used at the previous neuropressure sessions.”

“Wait, wait, I don’t understand. You don’t want neuropressure, but instructs me how to proceed?”

“I don’t want it now, but I might need it later!”

“Huh?”

“I will let my emotions come closer to the surface during our relation tonight. I want to sense it almost as you Humans. However, I don’t know if I will be able to regain control later. My mother always says I have the emotions too close to the surface. You remember, after the Seleya incident, how bad was my response to overwhelming emotions. If that happens tonight, will you help me with the harder Khavorta? You will need to have self-control, and don’t hesitate, you won’t hurt me!”

“T’Pol, you frighten me!”

“Trip! Please, don’t hesitate. I will be fine.”

“If you say so, it is OK for me. If you wish it, I will do anything to help you, even help you to feel emotions.”

As they consummate their carnal relation Trip noticed how T'Pol response was different that night. When his hands caressed her skin, he felt like small electrical discharges sparking straight from her nerves to his. He knew that she had enjoyed their sexual relations before, she had told him they were much diverse from the Vulcan pon-farr intercourse, but the actual response was different, special. He thought about what she said on having emotions similar as humans, could it be that the cause of that sensation?

She perceived his mind had deviated from their relation, she whispered - “Relax Trip, I'm fine, I am fully enjoying you.”

“T'Pol, how do you sensed I drifted away?”

“Vulcans are touch telepaths, as you remember; and I have a considerable area of my skin in contact with yours. I can sense some of your feelings, but it is not a mind reading. Relax, enjoy me as I enjoy you.”

They talked little after finishing, stayed in the futon until their bodies returned to normal temperature. She slipped away to dress and whispered to Trip, “I need to return to my room before Mom’s get up. Can you try tomorrow to fix her stasis unit? She will appreciate.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll look after it in the morning.”

“Take some sleep because we wake up early. See’ you in a few hours.”

“T’Pol, it was really great. I never felt you before so light, so tender, so close. It was like sharing emotions directly with your mind. I truly enjoyed you tonight. As it is usual to Human couples to say after such moments, there were sparks between us tonight. Sweet sleep.”

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I cheated this month. I have three stories in progress so I decided to draw a picture for this months challenge. I put it in the fan art thread. I figure that 'sparks flew' the first time they touched.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 pm

bluetiger wrote:I cheated this month. I have three stories in progress so I decided to draw a picture for this months challenge. I put it in the fan art thread. I figure that 'sparks flew' the first time they touched.

Didn't find it!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=462&start=375

It's down near the end of this page.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Alelou wrote:http://triaxiansilk.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=462&start=375

It's down near the end of this page.

Thanks, I was looking for in the Fan Art section of the Triaxian Silk page.

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks for the link Alelou, I should have been more specific about the location :D
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 am

Aquarius asked me to post this in the challenge thread.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:03 am

Nice job, BT!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:20 am

You did a great job despite the language barrier, Enerdhil, and that was a nice rendering of the neuropressure scene, Bluetiger. We sure have some talented people on this board.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:51 am

bluetiger wrote:Image

So, how many artistries has our dear Bluetiger?
Endless, it seems. :D

Enerdhil, maybe you had no beta, but I personally enjoyed your little story more than lots of stories which were edited (mh, obviously I have no intention to say here neither the sin nor the sinner :lol: ).
Last edited by Asso on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:56 am

Enerdhil--Very glad to see you participating in this month's prompt! :thumbsup: I hope you'll give some of our past prompts a try, as well as continue to join in the action with future prompts.

bluetiger--You continue to surprise and amaze me! :mrgreen:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 am

Distracted wrote:You did a great job despite the language barrier, Enerdhil, and that was a nice rendering of the neuropressure scene, Bluetiger. We sure have some talented people on this board.

That's a great piece of work. We could open a whole new field of fanfiction, illustrated stories :mrgreen:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”