JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT! :)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: JULY 2010 WORD PROMPT! :)

Postby Enerdhil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Asso wrote:Enerdhil, maybe you had no beta, but I personally enjoyed your little story more than lots of stories which were edited (mh, obviously I have no intention to say here neither the sin nor the sinner :lol: ).

Thanks for the comments Asso. As for the last remark, I'll try to maintain one hand in each... I would use beta when they're available (don't like to stress people too much correcting all mistakes I made).

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Just like I did with my MU Story, I"m going to publish a PG-13 version of my new decon story. It's inspired by the July word - so here it is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6207312/1/
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 pm

I already have one for that in "Words", but I thought I'd add one from the "space hicks" universe :mrgreen:

"Where's Kov?" Malcolm asked.
"He's at our place," Archer explained. "T'Pau want's the fried protein resequencer fixed and our usual engineer has been gravely wounded," he added with a grin.
"Don' remind me," Trip groaned and adjusted the ice bag in his crotch.
"How did you manage to get injured...erm there," Malcom asked and emptied his ale.
"Played football with T'Mir. She's a deadly weapon on the penalty spot."
"It appears she doesn't desire any siblings," Phlox prattled, giggeling.
"So how do you get a resequencer fried?" Shran asked and refilled Malcolms glass.
"Well, Henry and T'Mir have developed an interest in engineering," Archer reported with a stern look in Trip's direction. "It appears that the kids decided to 'improve the device's performance'."
"Yeah, thing wasn't very adapt at strawberry flavoured ice cream," Trip added. "Unfortunately they haven't gotten the circuitry thing quite riddled out."
"Tell me about it. T'Pau wanted tea and all she got was a fountain of sparks and a scorched robe."
"Speaking of ruined clothing," Malcolm prattled. "You better drop by and bow and scrape to Hoshi. She's buggering the hell out of me, because you ruined her best dress in that stupid bet of yours."
The guard keyed the entrance open and watched the blond assault commando run past him into the embassy.

"Uncle Soval!"
"What is it child," a slightly dented ambassador mustered the blond charge that had just tackled him.
"I'm sorry, uncle Soval. I did not mean to damage you."
"I know, child. You meant no harm."
"I did not hit the ball correctly and it took a most unforeseen trajectory," she reported with a sad pout.
"I know, but since Healer Keslak accompanied me to watch your game, the consequences where not severe. Has your father recovered?"
"Not yet. Mother is most displeased, too."
"That is illogical. You did not injure your father deliberately."
"I heard, how mother complained to aunt T'Pau, that father is unable to perform his duties because of the damage."
"Your father is most resourceful," Soval assured her with an elevated eye-brow. "He will find a way to... perform his duties."

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:00 pm

:lol: *bites lip*
"You better drop by and bow and scrape to Hoshi. She's buggering the hell out of me, because you ruined her best dress in that stupid bet of yours."

The word you're looking for is "bugging", my dear. The word you used means something else.
Image sig by chrisis1033

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Although, it becomes a waaaaaaaaay more interesting story in the current form.

*Yesterday, I turned in a professional article using the word soul for the things on the bottom of shoes rather than soles. It made the text read very odd, unless you believe inanimate objects are invested with spirit the way the Aztecs did. So, it happens to the best of us. :lol:
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Mixing up words can be a baaaad thing. I once mixed up the russian words obnimat' and obmanut' instead of telling the girl "I just wanted to hug you." I told her "I just wanted to cheat on you."

Goes without saying that i spent the night in the doghouse :?

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”