The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pol's Clothing

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:34 am

panyasan wrote: For example: in Harbinger in the breakfast scene T'Pol is wearing outfit she never wore before nor did afterwards. It had wrinkled upward collar and it made her look like a matron - like she want to put distance by her choice of clothes.

I had to look this one up after you mentioned this, panyasan. She never wore this catsuit in any other scene and she's not wearing her 'Pips" either. Odd.

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:57 am

I'd like to think that first thing after she woke up the morning after, her head was in such a fog she just grabbed the first thing out of her locker which may have been her least favorite suit and probably couldn't remember her own name that first hour. She seemed so tired in that scene, poor thing. ;)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 am

Maybe she was so far behind in her laundry she had to wear her "famine catsuit." You know, those days when all you care about is "is it clean and does it match?" because the pickings are slim.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:12 am

LOL

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:13 am

You sure? I think that's the same one she wore in the "Impulse" dream. (Which I must admit, this is one of my all-time favorite images of T'Pol period.)

"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:21 am

Rigil Kent wrote:You sure? I think that's the same one she wore in the "Impulse" dream. (Which I must admit, this is one of my all-time favorite images of T'Pol period.)

I got this image in my head when she stares over the cup. The jumpsuit was more blue in my memory and of course the wrinkled collar. I like the jump suid in Impulse - now I got to get a picture of the jump suit in Harbinger, so we can all compare clothes. :lol:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 am

No, according to the screencaps at TrekCore, she's wearing the purple suit.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 am

Harbinger

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:33 am

:shock: <mutters to self how it's possible to have to totally different image tatoo-ed in the brain. Is memory failure is the first sign of getting old?>So the jumpsuit in Harbinger is the same as in Impulse? - <drops nice old story line for another :roll: >
Love is a verb.

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:I had to look this one up after you mentioned this, panyasan. She never wore this catsuit in any other scene and she's not wearing her 'Pips" either.

I don't believe she started wearing the pips until season 4.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Transwarp wrote:
Aikiweezie wrote:I had to look this one up after you mentioned this, panyasan. She never wore this catsuit in any other scene and she's not wearing her 'Pips" either.

I don't believe she started wearing the pips until season 4.

She wore the purple catsuit with the black (or is it brown?) trim in the beginning of Similitude and she is NOT wearing pips. So you're right, Transwarp.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Going back to her hair for just a moment...

I know that someone recently posted a list of stories that were coming should there have been a Season 5. The gradual lightening and lengthening of T'Pol's hair makes me wonder if we were likewise going to get a T'Pol with Jolene's own hair that season? I'm sure in the episodes where she had it long audiences responded positively, so it makes me wonder if they were getting ready to do away with the wigs...or at least get her better ones?

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:32 pm

panyasan wrote::shock: <mutters to self how it's possible to have to totally different image tatoo-ed in the brain.

It could have been a lighting issue on your television maybe? Or perhaps the terrifying space monkeys who are secretly the masters of all world leaders were beaming some weird signals into your brain?
Aquarius wrote:Going back to her hair for just a moment...

I know that someone recently posted a list of stories that were coming should there have been a Season 5. The gradual lightening and lengthening of T'Pol's hair makes me wonder if we were likewise going to get a T'Pol with Jolene's own hair that season? I'm sure in the episodes where she had it long audiences responded positively, so it makes me wonder if they were getting ready to do away with the wigs...or at least get her better ones?

That would have been keen, especially if they approached it right. I'm envisioning a scene where T'Pol is trying to come up with a logical answer as to why she's wearing her hair in this new fashion when the simple answer is "Trip likes it this way." And everyone keeps giving her these "whatever" looks when she tries on a new answer because they aren't blind. :lol:

That is, of course, providing they didn't end up finding another inane way to prolong the 'will-they-won't-they' like television is wont to do.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:
panyasan wrote::shock: <mutters to self how it's possible to have to totally different image tatoo-ed in the brain.

It could have been a lighting issue on your television maybe? Or perhaps the terrifying space monkeys who are secretly the masters of all world leaders were beaming some weird signals into your brain?
Aquarius wrote:Going back to her hair for just a moment...
Nah, I blame it on our Japanese satelite television. Season three had a peculiar green glow. At least they had the possiblity of English with Japanese subtitles, T'Pol had a horrible squeaky voice in Japanese. At least Trip plain Japanese was kind of funny...

Hair: see Twilight. Best hair ever.
Love is a verb.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 pm

I have to find the list again, but from what remember I think this all originated with Coto, who also said that Trip and T'Pol *would* be getting together officially in Season 5. I think it's in the non-ship fiction area...

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”