What inspires you?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What inspires you?

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 15, 2010 11:10 pm

I kind of got inspired watching Beckett today for Soval. Not saying I'm going to turn Soval into Thomas Beckett.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon May 17, 2010 12:30 pm

panyasan wrote:Movies and old literature inspires me. Today even the lego of my kids inspired me. We were at a toy museum and my daughter ask hubs to build her a robot of lego. I couldn't stay behind and when we were finished we both said at the same time "'Destory family Robinson" (Lost in [/i[i]]space) and I went on with Exterminate - exterminate (Favorite saying of robot-Darleks from doctor Who). That same minute an idea popped into my head :"what if T'Pol was going to meet the darleks".
Absurd idea, so I let it go, but this strange scene popped into my head:

Enterprise is faced with a strange spacial sight: red clouds and thunder in the midst of space.

Archer: "What is that thing?"

T'Pol (calm as ever)"It's a spacial destortion. A crack in time and universe so to speak. Behind there is a different universe."

Lots of muffled noices and cracks. Archer: "I think they are trying to communicate. This is captain Jonathan Archer of the Earth ship Enterprise. . We are on a mission of peaceful exploration."

Hoshi: "Incoming message, sir."

Archer: "Put it through."

T'Pol: "We have a visual of the aliens of the other universe." On screen a Darlak is to be seen.

Archer: "What is that?"

Trip (on the com - speaking from Engineering) "Captain, what is going on. There is a big one-eyed octopus in Engineering, trying to eat the warp core."

Before Archer can answer, a young man with a long coat and wearing sneakers apppears on the brigde. Archer: "Who are you?"

Man: "I am the doctor."

Reed: "Finally some one who speaks proper English. From the London area, aren't you?"

Man: "I am the doctor and I am looking for my companion." Looking to T'Pol. "And I think I have found her."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8H7nezeGw&translated=1

OMG! I'm late to the party, but this is hilarious!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :bow:

Though I don't see T'Pol as a Companion. I think she'd drive both Ten AND Eleven nuts. But...

Distracted wrote:Heh. I don't see T'Pol as a Dr. Who sidekick. Hoshi, maybe... with Malcolm as the doctor. 8)

YES! THIS!!!!

(PLOT HIPPO with a TARDIS appears!) :vulcan:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 1:06 pm

OK excuse my ignorence but is the companion like a mate? Dr. Who was always so confusing to me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon May 17, 2010 1:17 pm

WarpGirl wrote:OK excuse my ignorence but is the companion like a mate? Dr. Who was always so confusing to me.

Eh, not really. They're people who basically travel with the Doctor and share his adventures. Not all the Companions had romantic inclinations w/the Doc, though there were a couple who did.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Well hmm... so its an actual companion. Like Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson... Personally, what confuses me is the Time Lord thing. However I'm not curious enough to watch. I don't trust BBC series, The kill off Marion in Robin Hood, (a great source of inspiration for comedy before that happened) The get rid of Tom and Zoey in MI-5 (memories of that inspire me for Malcolm), yeah Mat Mcfaden makes lovely stuff here but still... I don't trust them.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Mon May 17, 2010 2:11 pm

The Original Dr. Who in 1965 was an old Fart who wouldn't interest a nyone to be a lover.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon May 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Actually, it was 1963. And I believe his first companion was his granddaughter.

Various incarnations of the Doctor have even traveled with more than one companion at a time. In most recent history, the Doctor traveled with Rose Tyler and Captain Jack, but it's happened other times, too.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 2:20 pm

I thought he was immortal? Wait does he like take new forms when his ole one gets sick or something. Like a Trill.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon May 17, 2010 2:29 pm

The Doctor "regenerates" when the actors change. Apparently this device was invented when William Hartnell was replaced by Patrick Troughton in 1966, to explain to the viewers why the characer's appearance changed.

Honestly, it's worth a watch. I never really watched any of the episodes from the 1963-1996 run; in the 80s when I first discovered it, the British economy was in the toilet and the BBC had no money, so the show had the production values of a high school play, and the resulting cheese factor kind of turned me off. I almost didn't give it another chance when it started again in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston, but I did, and I wasn't sorry. I was nervous when David Tennant replaced Eccleston, because Eccleston had defined the role for me, but Tennant ultimately became my favorite. Also, I've since rented some of those older episodes; the sets and special effects are no less cheesy than what I remembered, but the stories are good now that I'm old enough to have the patience for them.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Nah I get it thanks.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Aquarius wrote:Actually, it was 1963. And I believe his first companion was his granddaughter.

Various incarnations of the Doctor have even traveled with more than one companion at a time. In most recent history, the Doctor traveled with Rose Tyler and Captain Jack, but it's happened other times, too.
Captain Jack...ahhhh.. :loveeyes:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon May 17, 2010 3:47 pm

WarpGirl wrote: I don't trust BBC series,

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: You don't like one of the best television broadcasting companies on the planet? BBC rocks. period. :lol:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 pm

They killed Maid Marion and ruined MI-5 no I don't trust them. But MI-5 is great for Malcolm inspiration.

Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Aquarius wrote:I almost didn't give it another chance when it started again in 2005 with Christopher Eccleston, but I did, and I wasn't sorry. I was nervous when David Tennant replaced Eccleston, because Eccleston had defined the role for me, but Tennant ultimately became my favorite.

I was that way for a while, but the guy in charge who rebooted the series with Nine (CE) started to drive me a little crazy with his whacked out plots for Ten (DT.) Which is why I had such low hopes for Eleven (Matt Smith) ...

Who is well on his way to becoming my new favorite Doctor.

As to what inspires me (the original question), I have to say everything and nothing. It can be as simple as reading a book on the Bielski Otriad in WW2 ("Defiance" by Nechama Tec), or watching a roommate play "Crimson Skies", or just watching the news. Or, it can be me simply being in the shower when a neat idea occurs to me. Unfortunately, sometimes I can be totally uninspired by something as well - the way season 7 of NCIS has ruined all of the characters, for example, totally ripped my Muse from me regarding the NCIS fic I was writing and my complete disinterest in the ENT relaunch series did the same for a very long time.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon May 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Lady Rainbow wrote:
Distracted wrote:Heh. I don't see T'Pol as a Dr. Who sidekick. Hoshi, maybe... with Malcolm as the doctor. 8)

YES! THIS!!!!

(PLOT HIPPO with a TARDIS appears!) :vulcan:

Go for it, Lady Rainbow. I sense a crossover coming. :drool:

But.... "Plot Hippo"? Huh? :vulcan:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”