What inspires you?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What inspires you?

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 7:07 pm

I'd live for moments like that! In fact I'd write a bunch of TnT baby fics with so much inspiration. :D So jealous. Hey is that where you got "Backup" from?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I'd live for moments like that! In fact I'd write a bunch of TnT baby fics with so much inspiration. :D So jealous. Hey is that where you got "Backup" from?
"Back up" was inspired by a e-mail from my SO (I finally understand what it stands for :lol: ) reading "Son pushed the buttons of the computer one time to many. The computer crashed and I can't make it too work." Son is better now, the last time he pulled out a hose from our washing machine to make the kitchen flooding is 1,5 years ago.
I am a pride mother of two, so one little story. My 6 years old daughter is very different. She has some difficulty with language, but somehow she loves maths and science, especially biology. I don't know if it had something to do of me visiting the hopital twice a week when I was expecting her brother and the great attitude of the doctors (look, you can help me with measuring your mother's blood pressure). She is always asking how the eyes see, the heart works, what material bones are made. Any way, we have diner and (not so nice part) her brother spits out his meat. She looks at it and ask "Look daddy, does a brain look like that?" Her brother, the meat spitter, takes things apart, she asked about everything.
Last edited by panyasan on Fri May 28, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 28, 2010 7:19 pm

They sound wonderful Panyasan! They must inspire you about everything everyday.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon May 31, 2010 2:01 am

WarpGirl wrote:But since Rigil mentioned Mass Effect, and every Kotorian I know plays Mass Effect (except me) I got to say the music for Dantooine, and Maanan, could fit a contented T'Pol beautifully.

How can you not be inspired by this? This track kicks so much butt that its painful! 8)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 am

Thanks I'll listen to it. I just never had the urge to play the game. I generally prefer Elite Force, and SW's games. Although I am eagerly awaiting the Batman Arkham Assylum games for our X-BOX, and I loved the Matrix games. My ex played Halo a lot, I liked the music on it.

Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 am

Normally, I can't write to music with lyrics - I get distracted. I have a pandora station with a bunch of weird, eclectic instrumentals. But while writing the MU fic - I created a station of angst bands - with Radiohead and DCFC being the basis.

If you haven't tried creating a pandora station or two of your own I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

www.pandora.com
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:31 pm

What inspires me is mostly thinking "what if..." about one of the Enterprise characters or situations. Often it is a minor character or one episode character which catches my interest. But over the past few months RL has been stomping all over my creative inspirations, but I seem to be getting over that a little. Still, the first attempt I made to write again was a short DS9 piece on fanfiction.net and it is so dark that I think I will have to look for some sunnier inspiration! I still owe a challenge story but must get into a better mood for that.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

EntAllat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Google Talk: EntAllat

Postby EntAllat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:54 am

Daily experiences - mostly sights, sounds and smells - are what inspire me. For example, a day spent on the river, the whole expereince of paddling downstream the wildlife I see, the way the day feels often gives me both fic ideas and inspiration for my non-fiction writing. Experiencing an outdoor wedding once gave me a ton of ideas.

Music is the expereince I usually turn to. When I get stuck with any kind of writing (fanfic, a blog essay, an article, a letter, email, an academic paper) I'll stop and go listen to something. The music and/or the lyrics help paint a picture in my head and dialog and words often flow from that. The irony is I can't write while listening to music; it's too distracting!

It always starts out as a simple visual image - a moment in time - that then words or dialog flows from. For most of my writing this is enough to complete a whole thought or idea that's publishable in some form. Unfortunately, with fiction I also need a bit of luck for some kind of plot to flow from the images I get. Rarely do I get actual whole plot bunnies from these kinds of inspiration that I can wrap a whole story around. :-(

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”