May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us by WG

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us by WG

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Thank you. I'm just really tired (and there's nothing I can do about it) and when you don't sleep well it screws a lot up. So I'm more stressed than usual, and obviously slightly hysterical.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Transwarp » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Kotik wrote:oh, btw, TW - you've got a truckload of reviews coming your way.

Woo-hoo!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Transwarp wrote:
Kotik wrote:oh, btw, TW - you've got a truckload of reviews coming your way.

Woo-hoo!

Be my guest :D I first post them on FF.net, but they'll probably be copied here, too

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey guys... Kotik you owe me 5 more. (One for Rights) And Transpwarp owes me 1. And the only reason I mention it is that you guys started promising each other reviews in my thread! :tears: :-p
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Oh, you will, dear :lol: I've started to revisit all my favourite AU's and fill in reviews that I should have written a long time ago. I was a tad lazy at that up to now...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:09 am

Aug. 13th 3:06AM well folks I never EVER thought I'd get here, but I've only got one more scene to write for ch 7, the Vulcan Memorial Ceremony. All I've got to do is think of those monologues for our heroes and the chapter will be done for a massive edit. But I still got nothing for the monologues. :banghead: I hope this doesn't turn into full blown writers block.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Okay I know some people might not particularly care for this idea but I really love it and I need a little help... You know how in the latest ST movie they had the Temple inside the mountian. Well I wanna describe that, and I can't find the pics. Does anyone know where?

It was the best part of the movie. It looked wicked cool. 8)

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

This has got to be the most overused line in romantic fiction "The kiss was brief but thurough" I stole a book from the hospital waiting room this morning (no it didn't have a name on it) and I gotta say, I can't possibly tell what a brief but thurough kiss is! If I ever use that sentence, or discover I have in a fic please tear my head off.

Fics

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 pm

WarpGirl wrote:This has got to be the most overused line in romantic fiction "The kiss was brief but thurough" I stole a book from the hospital waiting room this morning (no it didn't have a name on it) and I gotta say, I can't possibly tell what a brief but thurough kiss is! If I ever use that sentence, or discover I have in a fic please tear my head off.

Hmmm. Well, my guess is, it's that kind of (usually only in movies) where the guy walks up, grabs the girl by the face and kisses her once, quickly.

...in real life, that's a god recipe for a fat lip, nicked teeth and quite possibly knocking your forehead into one another.

...not that I'd know anything about *that*... :shifty:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 pm

:tears: Well I don't see how a kiss can be both quick and thurough.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 am

Well, there's quick and there's quickie. Maybe it's the necking equivalent of the quickie they're talking about. You know... all tongue and no finesse. Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:16 am

That's the point! "brief but thurough" doesn't specify on what that means! I am not good with ambiguity.

I'm also confused about all of these Harlequin Heroes where they spend the entire book hoping to get the girl in bed, "just to get her out of my system" all the while making sure the kid is fine, and girl has a proper ride, and then all of the sudden they instantly come to the conclusion that they must get married in the second to last chapter.

Frankly I don't understand why I'm supposed to find this romantic, let alone a love story. I mean Jane Austin doesn't write like this. The heroine gets proposed to by the 5th chapter!

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:30 am

Ah, but you see in today's society everyone goes about the process bass-ackwards, so readers have come to expect the main characters to do the horizontal mambo first and THEN discover that they're wildly in love with each other. Which makes no sense to me but supposedly makes for more exciting reading. Cause doing it the other way would be mundane and boring. Never mind about the number of partners you'd wake up next to in the morning that you decided you weren't in love with before you finally found THE ONE. That's not high risk behavior. Of course not. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 am

Makes absolutely no sense to me, but thankfully she hasn't succumbed yet. That's another thing in these books, it's always the man who wants to hit the sheets. And the women whine and moan and "reluctantly" exchange passionate kisses, then whine and moan about how they "Can't be involved." I don't know these women at all, do they really exist?

This is all just research of course, I mean I was bored waiting for X-rays. But if I ever get published I won't be writing "romance novels." Don't think I could do it.

Fics

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

WarpGirl wrote:Makes absolutely no sense to me, but thankfully she hasn't succumbed yet. That's another thing in these books, it's always the man who wants to hit the sheets. And the women whine and moan and "reluctantly" exchange passionate kisses, then whine and moan about how they "Can't be involved." I don't know these women at all, do they really exist?

This is all just research of course, I mean I was bored waiting for X-rays. But if I ever get published I won't be writing "romance novels." Don't think I could do it.

It's a relic of olden days, in which the pseudo-not-really-science of the day (consisting mainly of saying "Here's my personal idea, and I think you should all take it seriously because I have a big beard and can read and write!") claimed that women had absolutely no sex drive.

At all.

In fact, women displaying such behavior in even the tiniest manner was one of many signs of a mental illness based in the ovaries, known as "hysteria" (other signs being showing signs of willpower, intelligence and opinions of their own, for example). Thus the word hysterectomy. I wish I was kidding about that. :(

As most women can probably attest, that's a load of horse manure, but the notion has survived, in mainly romance fiction. Interestingly, whenever a romance writer writes women who have an actual sexuality and makes her own choices about sex, those writers are considered to be writers of unusually strong characters. Sometimes even accused of writing them as if they were "men".There aren't enough rolleyes-smileys in the world to express my feelings about *that* notion.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”