The captives discussion thread

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

The captives discussion thread

Postby panyasan » Wed May 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Not to promote my own fic (please, please read it ;-) ), but with several fic discussions going around, I thought I start one for The Captives. We still have final conclusion chapter to go, but we could discuss the other 16 chapters!

Remember that awful akward conversation in *the_abomination* in the shuttle pod? I always got the impression TnT were forced to separate, not because T'Pol pushed Trip away or the other way around, no, because the powers to be in Starfleet forced them. People can become victim if organizations are more interested in their mission then in the people that make the mission possible.

With that in mind and with the fact that T'Pols addiction never had lead to legal consequences, I started to write my first fic in about 25 years and my first ever fic in English.

To summerize very briefly: After Terra Prime Internal Affairs is investigating TnT relationship, which leads to several discoveries to T'Pols past and her being sent to prison. When she returns, everything and everyone is different. Trip doesn't believe that they are together, because he hadn't felt the bond, untill Kov explains to him why. Then in every chapter we see more pieces of the puzzle why everyone has changed.

So if any one wants to discuss The Captives, please feel free.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: The captives discussion thread

Postby honeybee » Thu May 06, 2010 2:29 am

Well, you get many points for creative use of Kov. I love fics where he shows up!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu May 06, 2010 5:05 am

I noticed a lot of people really like Kov and the friendship he has with Trip. I also thought it was a neat idea to make him fall in love with the woman that his parents arranged for him when he was seven years and show more about Vulcan marriage habits.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Amen Kov was brilliant! The only thing I don't like about The Captives is the state of Malcolm and Hoshi. I keep hoping you'll change that, but you have to stay true to your own vision. I have to admit I am still so confused about Thott. But I'll get over it. Maybe a massive re-read is an order. But she was one confusing lady. But I say again poor Hoshi. All in all this is like one of my top five favorite stories ever. More please!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Thu May 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Sorry Panyasan, I can't discuss of your story. How could it be possible to discuss about something you love very much? :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Thanks Asso! :D
WarpGirl wrote:Amen Kov was brilliant! The only thing I don't like about The Captives is the state of Malcolm and Hoshi. I keep hoping you'll change that, but you have to stay true to your own vision. I have to admit I am still so confused about Thott. But I'll get over it. Maybe a massive re-read is an order. But she was one confusing lady. But I say again poor Hoshi. All in all this is like one of my top five favorite stories ever. More please!
Thott is confusing, isn't she? Even Malcolm is trying to figure her and their relationship out. I think she did make a mistake not to tell Malcolm her true indentity, but then again, she was a secret agent, so could she? She did makes mistakes and it hard to guess what really led to her involment with Malcolm (as person that she did care about), but she is also very brave and intelligent. Not a black/white person, but more a complex person. I tried to do the same with Archer and I was very happy by the comment that he wasn't a good guy or a bad guy either.
As for Hoshi... poor Hoshi? She broke up with Malcolm, remember? (Okay and regretted it). So we have a. Hoshi as ex-girlfriend. b. next girlfriend, Rianna Thott is murdered and turns out an alien agent for Starfleet Intelligence and c. Malcolm trying to mourn and figure things out. So it wouldn't be realistic to have Hoshi and Malcolm back together at this point, but I think you will like the little interaction between them in the last chapter and in the epilogue.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 06, 2010 2:10 pm

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: Sorry I'm an idiot I forgot just who ended what. <sigh> Whatever, you're 100% right Malcolm has been through far too much to just patch things up. It is not easy to go from ex's to comitted couple again. I should know I'm doing it right now, and I've got the stress to prove it. I just hope it all works out. If it doesn't I'm ok with that too.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Thu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

You know, Malcolm and Hoshi really do lend themselves to angst - it doesn't seem like an natural - at least at first. But you've got them really in an interesting place - very layered and complex relationship.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 pm

honeybee wrote:You know, Malcolm and Hoshi really do lend themselves to angst - it doesn't seem like an natural - at least at first. But you've got them really in an interesting place - very layered and complex relationship.
I agree. I know a lot of people make them a couple, but I always had some reserved feeling about pairing them. It's a pity I can't tell much about the last chapter and the sequel I am planning, but let's say Malcolm stays a complex man. He is one of my favorites.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 am

honeybee wrote:You know, Malcolm and Hoshi really do lend themselves to angst - it doesn't seem like an natural - at least at first. But you've got them really in an interesting place - very layered and complex relationship.

I always thought they were the most natural, more so than TnT. Maybe too natural in a good way.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon May 31, 2010 6:25 pm

Okay, chapter 17 is posted (the epilogue is coming soon). For this chapter I wrote my first space battle - I enjoy trying some thing new. For those who read it I have a question "Do you think I succeed in writing the battle or do you have some pointers for improvement?"
Love is a verb.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon May 31, 2010 6:51 pm

I think you did just fine. (On to the war, now?)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon May 31, 2010 8:33 pm

No, the sequel is set after the war. I didn't think I would be a very good Romulan war writer. However, in the story the war has left marks on all of our heroes (and injuries for some) and we will found out more what happened to them during the war. At least that's the idea. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 31, 2010 8:43 pm

You are about to dive in on a very hard work. Perilous, too. Sagas like these need a firm hand. But you have it. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon May 31, 2010 8:52 pm

panyasan wrote:No, the sequel is set after the war. I didn't think I would be a very good Romulan war writer. However, in the story the war has left marks on all of our heroes (and injuries for some) and we will found out more what happened to them during the war. At least that's the idea. ;-)

Sounds very interesting.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”