Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Re: Shadow and Echoes Series discussion thread

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Your wish is my command, Milady! :twisted:

:raspberry:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 17, 2010 3:52 pm

:happyjump:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue May 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Chapter 6 out of beta and final sent! :mrgreen: Working on 7
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Chapter 6 up! :mrgreen:

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Please note my response in the reviews of Chapter 6. No offense is meant by the nickname. It's a running joke between Malcolm and Mueller in my R/S stories on ff.net (Voices of Treachery, Five Weddings (and a Funeral for my Sanity) and Reed's Raiders."

I majored in languages (and in German studies), plus I am a minority, so I'm sensitive to this sort of thing. It is NOT MEANT AS A HISTORICAL REFERENCE. And I am NOT racist or a bigot. :censored:

Forgive the bluntness, but I am completely and royally pissed right now. :banghead: :censored:

Annie

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Ooops I never meant to offend you. And I certainly didn't think you were a racist. I guess Jesse James and his mistress have been on the tv WAY TOO MUCH and the image just popped into my brain. To tell the truth I was thinking of the movie "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen. Ever seen it, what they do to the Commandant is absolutely hysterical.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 pm

German military terminology does not equal Nazi - such terminology was used in the German military both before and after the Third Reich. I studied German in high school and college, so the use of the term didn't bother me at all. It's all over German literature. Not all of us know our German terms from Hogan's Heroes! :lol:

While I do think Jesse James has questionable judgment and character and is generally a pig, I remember seeing people online equate his interest with the Red Baron with racism. The Red Baron was a WWI figure - had nothing personally to do with the Nazis and has been venerated by aviation buffs of all political stripes - including Charles Schultz who incorporated his admiration for the Red Baron into Peanuts - with Snoopy as the Baron's yank adversary. But Schulz was never shy about his admiration of the Red Baron. Of course, the Nazis weren't shy about venerating German heroes like the Red Baron, but that wasn't the heroes' fault.

But the real thing worth discussing is what a great chapter you wrote, LR, I really enjoy all the research you put in to a Vulcan/Human pregnancy. And your prose is really top notch. Gets better with every chapter. And it's very clever how the "Terra Prime" events are unfolding in this A/U.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Have you ever had a completely "brain dead" moment. That was mine. it doesn't help that its 100 degrees where I am and no AC. I am truly very sorry that I caused anyone pain. Really I am, the problem is its a computer and you can't see how sorry I am. Normally something like that would go completely over my head, as I do a lot of reading on 1900's Russian and German history. Like I said an image popped into my brain and I just typed... I swear to god nothing malicious or offensive was intended.

Would it be possible to know when we will know more about V'Ren?

Fics

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Just a note, re: the artificial womb

Has anyone read the Honor Harrington series by David Weber? (Very military-based. It focuses on a Manticoran Navy officer named Honor Harrington. She's psychically linked to her "familiar" of sorts, a treecat dubbed Nimitz. The Manticorans have been at war with the PRH (People's Republic of Haven) for years. Honor has had her share of losses and injuries. She currently has a prosthetic right arm and right eye.)

In one of the recent books, she discovers she's pregnant. Of course, she's an active military officer and can't be on ship duty while pregnant (not only is it a break of regs, it's morally irresponsible to go out on the front lines where she could put her unborn child in danger). So she chooses to use an artificial womb for her child. She's emotionally torn up about it, but it's one of those "needs of the many" thing.

Her parents happen to be top doctors (mum is a geneticist, Dad's a surgeon). some of the chapters go into detail of how the artificial womb is constructed. It's not as clinical as it seems. They program the womb with a recording of the mother's heartbeat and her voice reading stories to the unborn. They definitely take some of the "nurturing" aspects into account. It's pretty interesting, and it's given me a lot of ideas for this part of the story.

While it's not ideal, I agree with people who say that TnT would do anything they can to safeguard the child's health and safety. Any parent who cares about their kids would do that.

Edited to add: Holy crap! I've been promoted and I didn't even notice it till now! :mrgreen:

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Transwarp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm a little disappointed that WarpGirl's public apologies (both here and in the story's comment section) have gone unacknowledged. She appears to be sincerely sorry for her remarks. Forgiving her is the gracious thing to do.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Transwarp wrote:I'm a little disappointed that WarpGirl's public apologies (both here and in the story's comment section) have gone unacknowledged. She appears to be sincerely sorry for her remarks. Forgiving her is the gracious thing to do.

Right.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Transwarp wrote:I'm a little disappointed that WarpGirl's public apologies (both here and in the story's comment section) have gone unacknowledged. She appears to be sincerely sorry for her remarks. Forgiving her is the gracious thing to do.

I've sent a PM to WarpGirl. :hug: I don't have any hard feelings, but it has taken me a little while to cool down, plus I've been gone for the better part of a week.

Forgiven and no hard feelings. I would like to concentrate on the story. Thanks for being understanding, everyone.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Just a note to all in general: sometimes people don't want to continue airing their dirty laundry out in public. Sometimes things get settled behind the scenes, with the involvement of the administrators or without. Sometimes the parties involved are just wanting the whole thing to blow over so they can move on. The sooner the rest of us can forget about it, the sooner they can, too. It isn't up to anyone else to judge how it should or shouldn't be handled, given that there are events and information the rest of us may not be privy to.

Please use this tread to discuss the story,as the author had intended, not your personal differences with or opinions about each other.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:55 am

I have a question: is this artificial womb meant to be a permanent residence for baby Tucker? Or is T'Pol going to be able to experience birth? Or is that something I just have to be patient and wait to find out??? 8)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 am

:mrgreen:

Gotta wait on that one, dear.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”