The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Shadow and Echoes Series discussion thread

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue May 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Okay, I've started a discussion thread for "Louder than an Echo" and "Darker than a Shadow". [Storyline/series discussion, please! Some things *have* already happened, now the story progresses]

So...as of Chapter 4 of DS:

1)Trip and T'Pol are bonded and expecting a child. It's unexpected and there's a good chance the pregnancy might not be viable. They're supposed to see Dr. Penda Nadhari and Dr. Andrew Beckett and a Vulcan Healer named V'Ren. Phlox is researching what his counterpart did on the E2 Enterprise for any info that could help.

2)TnT apparently have an unusually strong mental bond w/their child. But it's not what seems.

3) There's some sort of intrigue going on. Kelby (who may or may not have S31 connections) spots it first, alerts Malcolm, and has Hoshi double-check the security footage. A mysterious "guest" approaches Hoshi for "help". TnT and Hoshi discover strange goings-on in the Sol system, involving a backlog of ships being docked at several dockyards. They think Earth may be on the verge of a massive shipbuilding project, incorporating Trip's Warp 7 plans.

4)Trip and Malcolm confront Masaro (who's involved with the intrigue), and Malcolm's hurt during the confrontation.

So that's where we are so far. My favorite 'ships are TnT and R/S. (Thanks for the recommendation of my R/S stories on ff.net, WarpGirl! I'm a true-blue R/S shipper. But that doesn't mean I don't like putting them through the wringer. TnT too.)
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Shadow and Echoes Series discussion thread

Postby honeybee » Tue May 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Well, I haven't read the latest chapter - but the last one had me on the edge of my seat. Very interesting stuff with the child bond and all.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Woo Hoo! Jeeze last night had me tingling with excitment! I'm just curious about Hoshi sensing T'Pol's emotions... Was it because of her own latent abilities? Or is T'Pol projecting? There are times when Vulcans can do that, mainly if they're sick, but a case could be made for a hybrid pregnancy messing up her neurochemistry making that possible. Was I right about Kelby. Oh the suspence it's wonderful!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue May 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Chapter 5 now up! Thanks to Aquarius and Dinah for the betas, and of course, JustTripn for the previous (and ongoing) betas! :happyjump: :hug:

Yeah, that was an allusion to Hoshi's latent telepathic ability. I figured she might pick up certain emotions/thoughts under unusual circumstances, but it don't think it'd be a regular thing. She's not a Betazoid.

And yeah, a lot of things have been happening since Enterprise was away. Travis will be an important character in the next few chapters because of the Boomer/trade ship angle. And the next one will be a doozy when Archer confronts Admiral Gardner with why he hadn't been informed of what's been going on. [And being in deep space with a few subspace comm buoys only goes so far as an excuse.]

We also see Trip's parents in the next chapter. And who's the "mystery person" who's so eager to talk to Hoshi?

BTW, anyone catch my not-so-subtle nod to Stargate Atlantis? Hint: He's a certain person's relative, though not a direct descendant.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, I'll say that my only concern right now is for the welfare of baby Tucker. I think you may have been reading some of the ongoing discussions on how a hybrid pregnancy might proceed - and make very good use of them!
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue May 11, 2010 10:10 pm

honeybee wrote:Well, I'll say that my only concern right now is for the welfare of baby Tucker. I think you may have been reading some of the ongoing discussions on how a hybrid pregnancy might proceed - and make very good use of them!

*nods and winks*

And TnT will have some help with a possible artificial womb from an old friend on Denobula. :mrgreen:

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Lady Rainbow I really like this story update and when I have more time I'll post more comments for your story when I have time to catchup and re-read the earlier chapters again. :happyjump: :thumbsup:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 1:30 am

OK I'm confused about one thing and one thing only... Did you mention V'Ren was T'Pol's cousin before and I missed it? Your SGA reference was "Beckett" as in Carson that Scottish dish of ice cream I would LOVE to eat with a spoon correct? :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: God you have good taste! Why do I get the feeling Feezel (lovely lady) is going to provide us with some much needed comic relief.

More Malcolm Hoshi stuff please please? I realize that this is the TnT place but they are too much fun!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 am

Yeah, just how is V'Ren is related to T'Pol? Those Vulcan family trees are really complicated.

And don't worry, Hoshi (and by extension, Malcolm) is also in for some intrigue in the next few chapters. :mrgreen:

And I do agree with your opinion on Carson, WG! It seemed to be the appropriate last name for an exogeneticist! :-P

Edited because I had a brain freeze and put down the wrong initials. Sorry WG. *facepalm* :faint: :-p
Last edited by Lady Rainbow on Wed May 12, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 1:47 am

SB?????????? I'm WG somehow I don't think SB would want to eat Carson Beckett with a spoon. :badgrin: I have to appologize in advance it seems you and I both have similar ideas about T'Pol's family and medicine, I also have a cousin who will be interested in a human/Vulcan hybrid child. As will be evidenced in the upcoming ch of my saga. But I didn't steal I promise. But we might have the same thing going. Fair warning.

EDIT: No problem! I need to laugh because of my jackass ex-boyfriend. :mrgreen:

Fics

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Wed May 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Excellent story Lady Rainbow I finally caught up reading your other chapters. Spies lies and intrigue!I wonder how the doctors will be able to save Baby Tucker will be very tricky.I look forward to reading the next chapter of your story and find out who Massaro was working for and who wanted the warp 7 technology. :happyjump:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 4:40 pm

I wonder if baby Tucker will be Lorian? T'Pol did say I can't feel him. I noticed that male pronoun there.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm

What could I discuss about a story whose excellency can't be discussed? :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Well how about what makes it excellent??????????

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

u

Postby Aquarius » Thu May 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Posting comments here because my phone can't do it in the archive for some reason. I really enjoyed the last chapter. I can predict this story will have everything; I like the medical aspect of the story along with everything else. Hurry up and update!
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”