The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Did T'Pol NEED the Trellium D?

Postby Silverbullet » Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Why I think that T-Pol was a Virgin. In bound she tells Trip that it is belieesd that when a Vulcan mates a Bond is formed. They have mated and now have abond. Had she mated before there would have been a bond already formed in her. Doubt if there is more than one bond per Customer. She is already bonded she couldn't mate with Trip. Since she does mate with him she has not mated with any other male, a virgin. Or am I being stupid.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Why I think that T-Pol was a Virgin. In bound she tells Trip that it is belieesd that when a Vulcan mates a Bond is formed. They have mated and now have abond. Had she mated before there would have been a bond already formed in her. Doubt if there is more than one bond per Customer. She is already bonded she couldn't mate with Trip. Since she does mate with him she has not mated with any other male, a virgin. Or am I being stupid.

It's possible that am following my inner wishes, but this seems LOGICAL to me.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Asso wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:Why I think that T-Pol was a Virgin. In bound she tells Trip that it is belieesd that when a Vulcan mates a Bond is formed. They have mated and now have abond. Had she mated before there would have been a bond already formed in her. Doubt if there is more than one bond per Customer. She is already bonded she couldn't mate with Trip. Since she does mate with him she has not mated with any other male, a virgin. Or am I being stupid.

It's possible that am following my inner wishes, but this seems LOGICAL to me.

I agree. According to everything I've seen and read Vulcans don't do casual sex. T'Pol told Phlox when she went into Pon Farr due to the microbe that it wasn't her time yet.

In the movie Spock and obviously haviong a "Thing" with a certain crewmember, but since he is half-human, I would think that has something to do with it. And he would seem to be bound to the Pon Farr, too based on "Amok Time." That's a whole other discussion, though.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Well obviously I concur. But I still think it was totally cool Rigil Kent replied to my topic even if he might think I'm crazy, because hey I am.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

No, it makes total sense. However, you could also argue that the bond between them formed for OTHER reasons, and that she's so vague on the subject ("It is believed that") that one could conclude she's not really sure about it herself. You can also conclude that there might be shades of meaning between mating as in lifelong mating and just having a rousing good time with somebody once in awhile.

But I agree, and I think most people will, that T'Pol was probably a virgin. I just don't think Trip would necessarily know that.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Well from everything we know about Vulcans the sex part is pretty much the same anatomically as humans. They give birth the same way, and stuff. So it shouldn't be that hard to tell.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Unless you're royalty most men don't care and don't bother to ask. According to a doctor friend of mine the introduction of internal birth control and feminine products have made it likely that a young woman's hymen is not intact her first time. My mother gave me the sex before marriage talk years ago but never mentioned that. Do parents/doctors even tell their daughters that anymore? Maybe in some religions but I can't imagine it would be common anywhere else. So unless he asked how would Trip know and I doubt once she came on to him that he would even consider asking. We don't really know anything about Vulcans sexually or giving birth. It's all supposition because they never had a pregnant Vulcan or birth, I assume the birthing process is similar because they are humanoid but I have no empirical evidence of this. And they never discussed their anatomy beyond their major organs (heart, liver, brain) so the genitalia may or may not be similar.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed May 05, 2010 8:27 pm

pdsldl wrote: And they never discussed their anatomy beyond their major organs (heart, liver, brain) so the genitalia may or may not be similar.

Based on what we've seen of T'Pol, and that's NEARLY everything, they can't be THAT different. ;-)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well from everything we know about Vulcans the sex part is pretty much the same anatomically as humans. They give birth the same way, and stuff. So it shouldn't be that hard to tell.

Huh? It's hard to tell with Humans, for God's sake. At the risk of TMI, if I ever had a hymen, I must have lost it to a box of tampons in adolescence. I certainly never noticed it as an issue when sex did come along. Not to mention that a woman of 60 from a rational society has presumably had at least a few pelvic exams. And I don't think sexual practice is so essential that a guy can necessarily tell whether you've ever had some or not, unless you're completely clueless. I think it's highly doubtful that T'Pol (an intelligent scientist who knows how to do her research and is competing with a Human woman) would fail to review the basics.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm

OK I was trying not to be indelicate because kids are here but I'll just say this a young woman's hyman is not the only physical indicator of Virginity it may be the only visable one, but not the only one. And it might not matter socially or culturally these days in the western world but from a physical standpoint it means a lot to a woman during the first time. I'm sure many women here would agree.

Also I think it was either on TNG or TOS but Beverly or Bones mentioned childbirth being the same for Vulcans. And its pretty obvious sex is too.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:
pdsldl wrote: And they never discussed their anatomy beyond their major organs (heart, liver, brain) so the genitalia may or may not be similar.

Based on what we've seen of T'Pol, and that's NEARLY everything, they can't be THAT different. ;-)

If there were some differences, honestly I didn't notice them. (AND I WAS VERY ATTENTIVE :mrgreen: ).
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Okay WG I'm not sure what it is you're referring to but as far as I know unless I had a physical exam or someone is a doctor (chiropractor, anthropologists, etc and familiar with bone structure etc and can tell that I had a child) there is no way for someone to know if I've been sexually active or not. There are doctors here so maybe they know something I don't but I'm fairly confident there is no way to tell for the average person. And if one hasn't had a child I would think it would be difficult for anyone to know.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 05, 2010 9:51 pm

It's so.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”