A Mirror Cracked Discussion Thread

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A Mirror Cracked Discussion Thread

Postby bluetiger » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:30 am

I am totally with panyasan on the whole Archer thing.
Honeybee said 'And as for Lizzie, I'm sure she wants her brother(s) to be happy, but like any good royal - even a new one - she will put the needs of the Empire first.'
In what universe could that strutting jackass be good for the Empire. If you need to expend man power to keep him from screwing up, he is an albatross. Maybe a little poison in his tomato soup? Please.
Wait a minute, didn't I swear to stop doing this :duh:
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Transwarp
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Transwarp » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:57 am

CW, my apologies if the hammer was for someone else. Full moons are indeed everywhere.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Lizzie's got an Achilles heel in Archer, doesn't she? But in my defense, I had such fun writing Archer as a strutting jackass that TnT, not to mention Hoshi, just couldn't stand that I couldn't kill Archer off. At first I figured he'd never be able to live with being second - but then I was like - wait - he didn't have to do any work and he gets all this honors and all he has to do is be nice to Lizzie, whom he really loves. So, it's a win/win for him. Plus I'm sure he thinks Lizzie will eventually make him co-Emperor. Of course, she has a weakness for him but she's not that stupid. But Archer, dim though he is, does have loyalty to her.

I was sort of thinking about Elizabeth I's weakness for her favorite Robert Dudley - who was apparently also a strutting jackass and her other counselors hated him and couldn't figure out why she kept him around. Dudley did some scheming here and there, but he was always in good Bess's corner until the end.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Transwarp wrote:CW, my apologies if the hammer was for someone else. Full moons are indeed everywhere.
Seriously? I think Chris Hemsworth wants his prop back. :roll:

Honeybee, I think Lizzie having Archer around was an important part of the story. He is her weakness to be so attached to him, even though she may be one step ahead, he's still a weakness. And she needed one to balance her awesomeness as a leader or else she would have seemed like little Miss perfect.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:41 pm

I did worry about Lizzie turning into a Mary Sue - making her too awesome. I did want Trip's sister to be sort of awesome and rootable. So, yes, her falling in love with MU Archer helped mitigate her being little Miss Perfect. Also, making her somewhat suicidal in the beginning helped. And having her be willing to authorize assignations, torture and strike breaking also helped. :badgrin: But it is the MU.

From the beginning, I just had this sense that Sato had brought a viper into the palace without realizing it and her worst mistake (aside from keeping Archer alive) was underestimating Trip's sister.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”