What Would Trip's Reaction Be To "Test Tube" Contraception?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Which type of contraception would Trip prefer?

He's old-fashioned and would prefer a natural pregancy with assistance if needed.
27%
He'd make T'Pol's health the number one priority--artificial womb.
36%
I don't think it would really matter much to him either way--he'd leave that decision up to T'Pol.
36%

Total votes: 11

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Re: What Would Trip's Reaction Be To "Test Tube" Contraception?

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:02 am

Conversation about limits of science fiction perhaps another thread?

ginamr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby ginamr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:08 am

:hug: :thumbsup: Thanks to all for commenting and allowing me to think through this logically. I believe the most common opinion was that unless it would seriously harm T'Pol, there wouldn't be a problem with her carrying the child.

So for the purposes of my story, I've decided:

A) T'Pol will carry the child to term.
B) Phlox will need to perform an in-vitro fertilization so that he can tinker will the zygote to ensure Trip's sperm combines in just the right way with T'Pol's egg as to create a stable, growing lifeform. Through this process, he can also ensure that the zygote's biology is similiar enough to Vulcan biology that T'Pol's immune system won't treat the zygote as a foreign body and attack it.
New:
Coming Home: Five+Epilogue
6.06: Fall Out

Under Construction:
The Prank War 2
Secret Meetings, Story Two--Wet
6.07: Vestiges of Qualor
Coming This Christmas (December 2012): White Christmas
Hybrid: Prologue & Chapter One--Inspired by Aquarius's "Tag" challenge.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:43 pm

Aquarius wrote:
pdsldl wrote:I haven't watched it in years but wasn't telepathic humans the basis for the premiere of TOS 'Where No Man has Gone Before'? And I believe I've read several times that telepathy was infrequent amongst humans but it did occur.

I know that Gary Mitchell and Dr. Dehnar became telepathic...but I can't remember what Dehnar said about that. I seem to remember something about some humans having latent abilities, but whether she was for or against that, it's been too long ago to tell.

They got their God-like abilities after getting zapped by the galactic barrier. But before that they did have an unusual high ESP rating, making them susceptible to get those psi powers. Dehner was for it.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:48 pm

ginamr wrote::hug: :thumbsup: Thanks to all for commenting and allowing me to think through this logically. I believe the most common opinion was that unless it would seriously harm T'Pol, there wouldn't be a problem with her carrying the child.

So for the purposes of my story, I've decided:

A) T'Pol will carry the child to term.
B) Phlox will need to perform an in-vitro fertilization so that he can tinker will the zygote to ensure Trip's sperm combines in just the right way with T'Pol's egg as to create a stable, growing lifeform. Through this process, he can also ensure that the zygote's biology is similiar enough to Vulcan biology that T'Pol's immune system won't treat the zygote as a foreign body and attack it.

This seems to make the most sense to me. :vulcan:

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 am

See it's so easy to write it in such a way that you show you gave some consideration and a reasonable solution to the inherent problems with an inter-species conception. That's all most, except the staunchest of science geeks, ask.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”