Reactions to a TnT pregnancy (re: Lorian? Other kids?)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Reactions to a TnT pregnancy (re: Lorian? Other kids?)

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I have a question: How do you think the members of NX-01's crew would react to a TnT pregnancy? (Not Terra Prime or Starfleet, but specifically Archer, Malcolm, Hoshi, Travis? [ :shock: or :? or :happyjump: or :censored:or :wtf: ]People like Hess or Rostov, who works closely w/Trip in Engineering? Trip's folks? Soval and the Vulcans like T'Pau and V'Lar? :vulcan: )

Granted, Lorian was born in the Expanse on the Enterprise, so it was pretty much limited to the crew. (And that was a closed environment so everyone knew, and they accepted the fact they'd be a generational ship anyway). Plus Phlox had to do some DNA-recombining techniques to do it.

Baby Elizabeth was a different case, and that's been discussed in another thread.

I'm talking about a child conceived accidentally (or on purpose) in the "normal" timeline.

(And naaah, this isn't for a story. Not at all. Hush, JT and Honeybee! :raspberry: :guffaw: )
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Reactions to a TnT pregnancy (re: Lorian? Other kids?)

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Depends on the circumstances... Are they together? Was it an accident? Is it alien experiments? Do they want this child? Was it planned?

My guess if they want this child everyone will be supportive, even Archer after a long sulk.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Malcolm: Evidently Trip watched T'Pol's bum a little too much closely.
Hoshi: Maybe I should have informed Commander T'Pol about the correct use of contraceptives. That fact of the seven years doesn't seem to work.
Archer: Better I continue to think about my dog.
Phlox: But... but... all this without my help? Nobody needs Doctors, nowadays!
Travis: Did I miss something?
Soval: And now, what the hell will I say to the High Command?
Last edited by Asso on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Asso wrote:Malcolm: Evidently Trip watched T'Pol's bum a little too much closely.
Hoshi: Maybe I should have informed Commander T'Pol about the correct use of contraceptives. That fact of the seven years doesn't seem to work.
Archer: Better I continue to think about my dog.
Phlox: But... but... all this without my help? Nobody needs Doctors, nowadays!
Travis: Did I miss something?

LOL!!!! Poor Travis! :lol:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 pm

Travis is perfect! I concur.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 am

Although it would be ironic if Travis noticed something was up before anyone else...but kept his mouth shut about it instead of spreading it through the ship's gossip grapevine. :lol:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 am

Lady Rainbow wrote:Although it would be ironic if Travis noticed something was up before anyone else...but kept his mouth shut about it instead of spreading it through the ship's gossip grapevine. :lol:

I rather like that idea, actually. It develops Travis's alleged lack of personality into a trait indicative of real depth.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:20 am

Travis keep his mouth shut? Boomers must be natural born gossip-hounds.

I can't imagine it would be terribly welcome news to Archer or any of them if they're part of his crew at the time. I think all of them would assume it means bye bye to Trip and T'Pol, even if they said they were happy for them. Of course, if they're all about to leave anyway because the mission is over, the feelings would probably be more in the nature of "high five!"
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:27 am

True...and Travis spent his childhood on a Boomer ship, so he'd probably notice a LOT of things.
Alelou wrote:Travis keep his mouth shut? Boomers must be natural born gossip-hounds.

I can't imagine it would be terribly welcome news to Archer or any of them if they're part of his crew at the time. I think all of them would assume it means bye bye to Trip and T'Pol, even if they said they were happy for them. Of course, if they're all about to leave anyway because the mission is over, the feelings would probably be more in the nature of "high five!"

Yeah, Archer might have some trouble accepting it at first, though. But he's also their commanding officer as well as their friend, so he'd probably have his hands tied. No way T'Pol could stay on the ship as 1st officer if she's pregnant. :?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:18 am

B' Elanna could be chief engineer and pregnant. However at this point in ENT and beyond into Kirk no children or families on ships. Travis is a gossip it was one facet of his character they did point out. It's a boomer thing I guess. On a ship everyone knew everything about everyone. Didn't he laugh about people expecting privacy?

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 am

B'Elanna's ship was also stuck in another quadrant with no realistic way to get home, so they didn't really have much choice. She kept her job out of necessity for the greater good (esp. considering she was Maquis and not Starfleet at the time it was given to her), and possibly out of a warmer, fuzzier Starfleet that was more family-friendly in T'Pol's future. So that really doesn't have much to do with TnT's situation.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:28 am

I've always wanted to write a duel sequel to Dusk & Family Secrets, where little T'Mir in conceived in the RU. But keeping TnT on the ship is a brick wall that I will have to figure out how to bore through.

I'm thinking that T'Mir will be conceived while Enterprise is deep in the neutral zone (months away) and their mission is too important to turn around because of T'Pol's pregnancy.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain

Postby Lady Rainbow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:33 am

Yeah, only a drastic situation like that might be the exception. :?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am

Aquarius wrote:B'Elanna's ship was also stuck in another quadrant with no realistic way to get home, so they didn't really have much choice. She kept her job out of necessity for the greater good (esp. considering she was Maquis and not Starfleet at the time it was given to her), and possibly out of a warmer, fuzzier Starfleet that was more family-friendly in T'Pol's future. So that really doesn't have much to do with TnT's situation.

I did mention that it was a different era. But 7 could have done her job and every other department if the need arose. To be quite honest.

Honeybee I want T'Mir to be in the RU so do what you have too.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am

honeybee wrote:I've always wanted to write a duel sequel to Dusk & Family Secrets, where little T'Mir in conceived in the RU. But keeping TnT on the ship is a brick wall that I will have to figure out how to bore through.

I'm thinking that T'Mir will be conceived while Enterprise is deep in the neutral zone (months away) and their mission is too important to turn around because of T'Pol's pregnancy.

Good one!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”