The Theory Behind A Human/Vulcan Child

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Do you agree with the conclusions presented in this post?

Woah! It suddenly makes sense!
44%
It's not overly impressive, but it fits I guess.
11%
It's good in theory, but...
33%
You're waaay off base, dudette!
11%

Total votes: 9

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: The Theory Behind A Human/Vulcan Child

Postby Alelou » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:05 pm

It's just conceivable that Trip once felt key lime was his favorite, ate too much some night when he was also drinking a mix of beverages not designed to co-exist well together, and then could never stand even the thought of it again...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:21 pm

potaytoe, potahtoe.

Let's call the whole thing off.

(ducking)
:raspberry:
peg

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:27 pm

I always figured that the whole key-lime-pie business was just a writer's tool to reinforce the idea that Sim and Trip were two different people.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 pm

They ARE different people, and this is just the point.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Trip told T-Pol in Breaking the ice that Pecan Pie had been his favorite since he was a child and was his favorite then.

What I am asking is where did the other identity come from. there had to be two in the Clones body. An important point since the clone says he doesn't know whose feelings he is expresing Trip's or his. Suppose this new identitiy had decided that it wanted to continuing existing as Trip and refused the operationo? What then? I think the witers screwed up by introducing another identity in the clones body. But then T-Pol wouldn't give Sim that Passionate Kiss at the end.

The Clone always bothered me because I believed the writers didn't seem to know exactly what they wanted to do with it. Make it a romantic object or a way of saving Trips life or perhaps both.

Phlox by creating the Clone would learn more about the Human body and perhaps this would enable him to help Trip and T-Pol to conceive along with what Phlox gathered from the notes of the other Phlox on the e2 Enterprise.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm

In my opinion Sim was nothing else but an artifice. Angst and unsolved problems were the light which illuminated (illuminated?) the show's pathway.
Why to make things easy? A clear acknowledgment? Are we mad? Better a poor clone who has to die, and a kiss to him.
Oh sure. The cold T'Pol (queen of the frost) gets melted for that poor guy.
As for Trip (the one true)... well... What does it matter if he is dying in his turn? Ah, but Sim sacrifices himself for him, so...

Mh... Is it clear enough, by chance, that Sim doesn't get my personal liking? :doubt:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Sim almost did decide to refuse and talk Phlox into trying that cure and then he tried to run away bit decided dying in space with no restroom and alone wasn't an option. Archer implied he'd force Sim to have the operation and asked Sim not to make him have to make the decision. Sim decided not to risk give up his life to save Earth because he felt something for Trip's parents and because of the loss of Lizzie for himself as well as Trip. Like I said a clone may have a duplicate set of DNA but their experiences would shape some of their identity and personality along with what they came with. Sim grew up rapidly, aboard a starship, with a whole new set of influences and experiences with only memories of Trip's life. Remembering things is not the same as actually living through them and gaining insights and knowledge.

Silverbullet wrote:Trip told T-Pol in Breaking the ice that Pecan Pie had been his favorite since he was a child and was his favorite then.

What I am asking is where did the other identity come from. there had to be two in the Clones body. An important point since the clone says he doesn't know whose feelings he is expresing Trip's or his. Suppose this new identitiy had decided that it wanted to continuing existing as Trip and refused the operationo? What then? I think the witers screwed up by introducing another identity in the clones body. But then T-Pol wouldn't give Sim that Passionate Kiss at the end.

The Clone always bothered me because I believed the writers didn't seem to know exactly what they wanted to do with it. Make it a romantic object or a way of saving Trips life or perhaps both.

Phlox by creating the Clone would learn more about the Human body and perhaps this would enable him to help Trip and T-Pol to conceive along with what Phlox gathered from the notes of the other Phlox on the e2 Enterprise.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm

There was no way in Hell that Phlox could have duplicated that enzyme. The Scientists experimented in Secret which meant they did not publish. Phlox would have no idea of what ingrediants went in to the enzyme. how it was mixed (all at once, in stages) how it was administered. He could not possibly replicate it in 24 hours much less 24 days. He nothing to experiment on. He had no other Larva and the Clone was now an replica of a human body. So that option was out.

Phlox is a brilliant Doctor so I still feel he could have haelped Trip and T-Pol to conceive. Hard but with the notes of the other Dr. Phlox I think that by the time Tnt wanted to conceive Phlox would be in a position to help them.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:44 pm

I need to point out one thing here...

Bear in mind.... this universe is completely fictional.
You can do with it what you will.
As for me... I'll be fantasizing about a certain engineer in improbably situations which are anatomically impossible.

We now return our stewardess to the upright position.

peg

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Pegmumm wrote:I need to point out one thing here...

You can do with it what you will.

Thanks for pointing this out, Peg. I always find it fascinating how different authors interpret events and characters in different ways. That's what makes these stories unique.

pegmumm wrote:As for me... I'll be fantasizing about a certain engineer in improbably situations which are anatomically impossible.

We now return our stewardess to the upright position.

peg

*SNERK*
:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Pegmumm wrote:I need to point out one thing here...

I agree, but Trekkies argue these things for recreation! :D

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:05 am

I understand it's all fictional but for me there is a line between sci-fi and fantasy. If Star Trek were advertised as fantasy it would be a whole different universe and I wouldn't care if it didn't at least make things plausible to all but those who study science seriously. As it is they should and I believe those who aren't stepping into an AU should try to be as true to the nature of the series as possible. Just take the time to make it possible for me to suspend my disbelief if you can't get the science right.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”