"All the Pretty Little Ponies"

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

"All the Pretty Little Ponies"

Postby justTripn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 pm

I am really enjoying the story "All the Pretty Little Ponies." I am also totally confused about the two timelines. Who had babies when, who stayed on Enterprise and who went to live on Earth, when did the timelines diverge? HELP! You said it was a little AU. Is it a little or alot AU? (Don't be discouraged, Pegmumm. I often have a hard time following a plot . . . but for this story, I really want to understand.) :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: "All the Pretty Little Ponies"

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Basically it's neither "our" T'Pol (because this one married her Trip instead of going to the Expanse, and they made babies), nor "our" Trip, because ours is supposedly dead (but we all know better don't we??)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Aquarius, the alive Trip is from the RU because he says that his Daughter Elizabeth was created and killed by Paxton. The Uniierse that T-Pol takes him to is an AU. In that the Trip was the same but diffeent in subtle ways so is the AU T-Pol different from the RU T-POl.

What I think is interesting is the Daughter sayig she sees her Daddy in a dark place and she has to bring him back from there.

I' M hooked on this story. Read part three in FFnet yesterday. Reallly, Peg has a vidid and interesting concept going of Trip investigating his own Murder.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:51 pm

I know T'Pol's universe was an AU but I thought Trip's Universe was the AU from Pegmumm's "Resurrection and the Light". I could have sworn "All the Pretty Little Ponies" mentioned the E2 picture and the circumstances of their marriage from that story, but I might have just mixed things up somewhere.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Crystalwolf, I am just going on what apeared in the story. Trip says he wantedd to Kill Paxton for a long time because he created and killed Elizabeth. From that I took it to mean the alive Trip was from the RU. Peg may mean something else again. As she said, there are a lot of Universes out there.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 pm

All these Universes make me dizzy. 8)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm

PegMumm has posted part 3 at fanfiction.net I really like her story it's really getting interesting to see the mystery unravel with the timetravel element and a different take on Trip&T'Pol from different realities/I like little Elizabeth and that comment about her Dad being in a dark place is intriguing.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the intrigue in this. and Pegmumm, thank you for addressing the fact that Trip wouldn't have done something so stupid and there was more to the story than was seen in that !@#! holodeck recreation.

Asso, jT, I think this is what happened in two universes. and they diverged around the time of "Terra Prime". Pegmumm, am I getting this right?

Universe 1 (Trip's)
SPOILER!!!:
"Terra Prime" happened. Elizabeth dies.
Malcolm "accidentally" dies during a training accident. Hoshi commits suicide afterward. :cry: :cry:
Trip marries T'Pol.
T'Pol dies in a shuttlepod accident. :cry: Trip would have died eventually because of the severed bond anyway.

Universe 2 (T'Pol's)
SPOILER!!!:
TnT marries, has Elizabeth. She lives and thrives. The family has a house on Vulcan.
Malcolm and Hoshi also marry.
T'Pol is pregnant w/second son, goes on maternity leave, off Enterprise.
Trip finds discrepanices w/inventory list, sends info to Malcolm, Malcolm never gets it because of a comm block.
Quaid is born
Trip dies in that "accident". :vulcan: :banghead: :wtf: :bitch: T'Pol would have eventually die of the severed bond. Takes bereavement leave, empties Daniels' quarters, ends up bring Trip from his universe to hers.

Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Ah, thanks!
There is something sad in all that, like the hopes of many persons which got lost, but it is very intriguing the whole idea and the whole attempt.
And then, for my personal enjoyment, this story (for me) is not an AU: it is the union of of two RU into an unique RU. :mrgreen:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm

SB--putting my response in spoiler code, in case someone happens upon this and hasn't read it yet:

SPOILER!!!:
If this takes place at the same time as *the_abomination*, as AU T'Pol indicated, then this can't be RU Trip, because in the RU, Hoshi and Malcolm aren't dead. AU T'Pol's experience matches that of RU T'Pol in that both Trips die. If Trip is alive, he therefore can't be RU Trip.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm

And again! Ah, all these RU, AU, MU, EtcU...

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Lets see if I can figure this out.
Okay.. spoiler alert...
SPOILER!!!:
Let's see...in Ponies...
AU Trip is the same Trip as in my Resurrection series except for the screwup in security that allowed Paxton to acquire the DNA to create Elizabeth. Trip had 2 possible Elizabeths, a fetus stored in cryo created during the fake pon farr and the clone created by Paxton for the last 2 episodes in MU.. He left the fetus behind when he came to the AU with T'Pol. That's why he's so glad to finally see his daughter here. The clone is still very much deceased and he still wants to kill Paxton. I wasn't going to add the clone Elizabeth but needed a vehicle so that T'Pol could identify the desire for revenge.

The T'Pol of Ponies never had any of those bad experiences since she married Trip after her fake pon far in Bounty. She had it easy.

Hey....I never said i was normal.

peg
Last edited by Pegmumm on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Pegmumm wrote:Hey....I never said i was normal.

Neither am I. :lol:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm

Peg, that makes things clear as Mud. Is the alive Trip from RU or not? The way I read it, years had passed since Paxton created and Killed Elizabeth. In that time Trip married the RU TPOl who was a bit harder than the AU T-Pol because she had to deal with things the AU TPol did not. In your rstory the alive Trip thinks how his T-Pol fought against having a child and gave him a hard time on occasion. The AU T-Pol, however, w good to her Trip, gentle, wanted children and was Happy when they wre born. I guess that is why the alive Trip feels so good about being in the AU he has a family, children who accept him as their Daeddy. Also, in the RU years Malcom and Hoshi could have married.

But, What in hell do I know.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 am

OK, thanks. That helps. I'm sure I will be referring back to this cheat sheet as I finish the story.

I wrote an E-squared story with a branching timeline that interacts twice with the E-squared timeline and where Lorian ends up crossing over into an AU story of Elessar's (also set in the "past," that is pre-2153) and dating a distant cousin decended from his own mother. Beleive me I've woken up many times in a panic believing I've suddenly noticed a flaw in the "logic" of this story. But it's fine! *crosses fingers*
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”