The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: VOTE FOR CONNOR!!

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:58 am

Aquarius wrote:Another internet-style flash mob planned for Connor, this time for "The Forever War." Interested parties can vote here at ReelzChannel and direct email to Maresa Pullman (maresa@scottfree.com) at Scott Free Productions.

Like last time, this is a gesture meant in fun, sprinkled with a bit of "What can it hurt?" Fannish unity and all that. 8)

Oh, yeah! I threw my two cents in!! :happyjump:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:09 am

I voted -saw some familiar names. Is this a part of the vocal audience segment Michael A. Martin, one of the authors of the relaunch books talked about? :raspberry:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Here's a nice report on Connor at the Terraformers Convention in Greece!!!!!! :thumbsup:

http://houseoftucker.com/bboard/viewtop ... f=1&t=6581

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:35 am

You mean the narrative from Icep (sp?), right? The other link on that thread seemed to be to older promotional stuff, unless I missed something.

Reading through that thread, I was mostly thinking how much I wish I could try that octopus! I had some broiled octopus at a Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs once and it was heavenly.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Alelou wrote:You mean the narrative from Icep (sp?), right? The other link on that thread seemed to be to older promotional stuff, unless I missed something.

Reading through that thread, I was mostly thinking how much I wish I could try that octopus! I had some broiled octopus at a Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs once and it was heavenly.

Yup, the narrative is on the bottom of the page. I'm sorry he doesn't have any work lined up. :(

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 pm

It was a nice convention report I hope we'll get news of another tv or movie role soon.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I was talking with some of the girls at TrekBBS and we put our heads together...and we're at it again:

CONNOR TRINNEER FANS! TWITTER/FACEBOOK CAMPAIGN FOR TORCHWOOD!

It's come to our attention that the male lead in the upcoming U.S. incarnation of Torchwood has yet to be cast. (Articles can be found here: http://delphicexpanse.createforumhostin ... -t391.html ) We think Connor would be perfect for the role of CIA agent Rex Matheson! Here's what we're going to do about it, and you can help:

FACEBOOK: Executive Producer Russell T. Davies's Facebook page is filtered, so rather than inundate him with friend requests, the strategy here will to be write a note and tag him in it. For this you will need a Facebook account. It's free to sign up, and you never have to use it again after this if you don't want to.

Log into your account, and where you see “wall”, “info”, “photos,” etc., click “notes.” If you don't see “notes,” click the plus sign. A drop-down menu will appear, and you can click notes there. Doing so will also add a notes tab along with the rest.

Under “Subject”, put something like “Connor Trinneer on Torchwood”, and then write your note. Don't know what to write? Here's a sample:

Hello, Mr. Davies.

I am a big fan of Connor Trinneer, and I'm writing to ask you to consider casting him in the role of Rex in the new Torchwood series coming to Starz. Mr. Trinneer is best known for his roles as Trip Tucker on Star Trek Enterprise and Michael on Stargate Atlantis. He's a versatile actor with a loyal fan base, has a reputation for a strong work ethic, and is easily recognizable in the science fiction community while being likable to anyone. Mr. Trinneer would surely be an asset to any series as a regular.
Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
(Your name here)

You can change it up however you want. It doesn't have to be earth-moving or profound, just brief and polite.

Next, TAG Russell T. Davies in the note. Below where you typed it, there will be a field called “tags”. Type in Russell T. Davies (make sure you spell it right). A drop down will appear, showing profile icons and names that match. It should be the first one on the list—make sure you're clicking on the one that says “author...” etc. The guy with the dark hair and glasses—that's him! NOTE: Make sure that your note's setting is on “public” before you send it--check the lock icon. If it's set for “friends only”, then Mr. Davies will not be able to see your note!

When Mr. Davies next logs onto Facebook, he should see that he's been tagged in a note (hopefully several!) and will, if we're lucky, read it.

TWITTER: The goal here is to catch Mr. Davies's attention while attempting to get Connor's name to trend. To accomplish this, we need as many people as possible to tweet as often as possible during a particular window of time. We've selected between 3pm and 5pm Eastern Standard Time (consult a world clock online to determine local time for you) on January 1, 2011, as most people won't be at work, and Mr. Davies is likely to be awake whether he's in Los Angeles or London. You will need a Twitter account for this. Again, it's free, and you don't need to use it for anything but this if you don't want to.

The following is a sample tweet. You can reword it however you want, but remember, you only have 140 characters to deliver your message, and certain elements are crucial, so I suggest just copying and pasting this one:

We love #connortrinneer! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0872997/ Please ask @AmazingRussell to cast him as Rex in #torchwood! Please RT!

Your tweet should include:

the hash marks (#): these will help the words connortrinneer and torchwood to trend, if enough people do it. When someone clicks on a hash tag (the combination of words and hash mark), all tweets containing that tag appear in a search column so you can see what people are saying about that subject.

the link: goes to Connor's IMDB.com page, so Mr. Davies can see who we're talking about with just one click. Make sure you have the auto-shrink feature turned on before you tweet—Twitter will then condense the link and this way everything will fit.

@AmazingRussell: this is Mr. Davies's Twitter account; its appearance in your tweet (complete with @ sign) will ensure that it appears in his “mentions” column on his account page, increasing the chances that he'll see it.

Please RT: RT stands for “retweet”--basically, you're asking the people who follow you and have seen this tweet to click the retweet button, which passes your message on to the people who follow them. This project counts on the viral nature of social networking to spread the word, and retweets are a big part of how that happens.

Send this tweet as many times as you can stand during the time frame! If you get a “duplicate tweet” error, just change it up a little here and there, making sure you've copied all the elements correctly.

Anyone interested can follow me on Twitter (@AquariusNX01) or my Enterprise website (@delphicexpanse)

WHAT IF IT DOESN'T WORK? Big deal. As long as everyone involved is polite, the worst that's happened is we've given Connor some free publicity and maybe gotten acquainted with other fans. Sounds pretty win/win to me!

QUESTIONS: email Aquarius aquarius@thedelphicexpanse.com
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 pm

I don't tweet, but Facebook is DONE. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:22 am

Well file this under "O" for "Oh, snap!"

In the time it took me to put this together, post it, and go to work, I got word from the girls at TrekBBS that the role had been cast, and was confirmed by my fanatical Whovian friend Sara.

Damn these Hollywood folks move FAST!! :shock:

So, this particular flash mob is off, but if anyone hears of any uncast roles our main man may be perfect for, let me know. We'll hunt down the appropriate contact information and do it again.

This is a real bummer, though. Connor would've been GREAT on a show like Torchwood.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”