OCs (and we're not talking Orange County)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: OCs (and we're not talking Orange County)

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 am

I have no clue about Travis either. ;-) In my mind all of the other writers versions of him makes him an OC himself. :D
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:44 am

There are a couple of OC's that I like to know more about, for example the garden women and date of Archer in Honeybee's story A kiss at Midnight. She only had a few lines, but I thought she was very interesting. I like stories that shows people from other departements. I also like to see more of the science department T'Pol is running. I remember a story of Alelou were crew members of the science department were introduced. Funny to see how Alelou painted them as persons that have a hard time working together, being all of them loners. One of them had a very interesting conversation with Trip how to deal with T'Pol as head of the department. And Rick Eisler - Reanok mentioned him - in Rigel Kents stories is drawn in such details, but still mysterious, that I also want to know more about him.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks panyasan. Bowers (the garden woman) was the classic OC creation - a functional place holder who grew into a real person. It's always fun to see how the lower deck crew would react to TnT's relationship - so that's what we see there. And she came out so cute, I made her Archer's New Years Eve Date. We can't have Archer pining away for T'Pol in a happy story, can we?

I wrote her into the epilogue of Family Secrets, since obviously they would need flowers decorate the mess hall for the weddings. So, again, she's there to provide information about what the crew thought of what was going on on the ship.

And even though Hernandez is Archer's love interest in FS - Bowers might get another shot at him in the sequel.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

I really love "not really" OC's like Anna Hess, Chef (personal favorite), Rostov, even baddies like Masaro. However I really wish that Captian Hernandez got more attention. I don't necessarily want to read Archer romances (yuck!) but I thought she rocked. And Technically isn't she one of the first woman Captians in Starfleet.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:54 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I really love "not really" OC's like Anna Hess, Chef (personal favorite), Rostov, even baddies like Masaro. However I really wish that Captian Hernandez got more attention. I don't necessarily want to read Archer romances (yuck!) but I thought she rocked. And Technically isn't she one of the first woman Captians in Starfleet.

I wrote something about Hernandez and Archer in "Human Mood". And things will proceed. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Well Archer wooing anyone doesn't appeal to me. I just like Erica.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:56 pm

honeybee wrote:Thanks panyasan. Bowers (the garden woman) was the classic OC creation - a functional place holder who grew into a real person. It's always fun to see how the lower deck crew would react to TnT's relationship - so that's what we see there. And she came out so cute, I made her Archer's New Years Eve Date. We can't have Archer pining away for T'Pol in a happy story, can we?

I wrote her into the epilogue of Family Secrets, since obviously they would need flowers decorate the mess hall for the weddings. So, again, she's there to provide information about what the crew thought of what was going on on the ship.

And even though Hernandez is Archer's love interest in FS - Bowers might get another shot at him in the sequel.
:lol: Sorry forgot her name, but she made an impression. I thought she made a nice date for the captain even when I always root for Captain (Erika) H. Erika rocks and like others have said, I like to see more stories with her.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:47 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Honeybee Was the Professor's name Tiffany? :D Because that was totally awesome!

Maye Tiffani with an "i" :badgrin:

Sorry to all the Tiffanis out there...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Nah. . .but the prof did tell me he had long ago lost count of how many dumb, female characters he had read with the name Tiffany! I think he spelled it with a y on the syllabus.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:00 pm

I would like to say that Blue Tiger (who likes to write about the adult Tucker/T'Pol kids) - has done quite a good job with adult son Morgan in her latest fic. All the charm of his Dad, but with pointed ears and a dash of Vulcan logic. Very dashing. :thumbsup:

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:53 am

Thank you so much Honeybee. I really try hard to give each of their children a unique and well rounded personality.
The compliment means a lot coming from you.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 pm

I've discovered why people like Dinah, Rigil, Bluetiger, and others whom I can't think of are so brilliant at writing OC's. IT'S FUN! I'm seriously concerned I'm becoming addicted. I just hope and pray I'm even a teeny tiny bit as good as it as my heroes.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

One thing that most of us have in common is using underused characters from the show, rather than inventing complete new characters. If one looks into memory-alpha, there's a veritable list of Enterprise characters who featured only once or twice over the whole run of the show. That leaves enougth potential to develop them.

My favorite OC is Dinah's High Priest Torok. The more I read "The Thorn and The Rose" and "Briar Patch", the more Torok appeared to be that silver haired Priest, who performed the Surakovectomy on Archer at the end of "Kir'Shara. While Dinah never said so, it would actually make sense that Torok would be the carrier of Surak's katra. He has an unusually sharp insight into the behaviour of the Romulans and into the Humans, especially Archer (in the latter chapters of Briar Patch), which could well come from both being current/former carriers of Suraks katra.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Interesting theory, you do know that that priest was the same guy who married T'Pol to Koss???? Wherever she got the idea Torok is my fav OC of all time.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Just thought I'd bring that thread to live, since I found an OC, who could give Torok a run for his money in the race for favorite OC. There's a story "Gateway" by Quill, over at HoT, followed by an unfortunately unfinished story "Enemy of the State". Both include a (hinted at) TnT son - Jonathan Soma. Quite an interesting figure :)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”