OCs (and we're not talking Orange County)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: OCs (and we're not talking Orange County)

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:51 pm

There is like a whole unfinished series about him. I never could get into it myself, but I will admit, the one I did read was a wild ride. Right now Torok is still my all-time favorite, (for this fandom anyway) but riding hard on his heels is Akani from Transwarp's Convicted. OMG just what I needed another Andorian to fall in love with. Shran was already almost a full time job! :loveeyes:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeah, Quill's stories are quite a wild ride, largely unbeta-ed, too. Akani is an interesting character, but TW chose to have him a strange dialect, which sometimes makes him sound a tad dimwitted. TW's whole series from 'Comission' to 'Convicted' is an epically fantastic read :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Once Transwarp explained that Akani was from a different part of Andoria, I thought it made a lot of sense. Maybe its because I've lived in two very different parts of my own country. Where I grew up people thought the Southern Accents of where I live now are hokey, even a little "dim witted." Now that I live in my current location I find the stereotype to be unfair, and harmful. In any case I love Akani's accent, it adds incredible richness to the character.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm

honeybee wrote:I would like to say that Blue Tiger (who likes to write about the adult Tucker/T'Pol kids) - has done quite a good job with adult son Morgan in her latest fic. All the charm of his Dad, but with pointed ears and a dash of Vulcan logic. Very dashing. :thumbsup:

Agreed. I would definitely be willing to read Morgan centered fics. :) Excellent OC.

I'm sitting here, thinking... I don't have any OC's in Reflections... though the sequel might have the opportunity to introduce some. Being an Alternate MU and with so many guest stars and one-episode-roles over the 4 years of aired Enterprise, I feel like I've got the pick of the litter. Of course I get opportunities to develop the characters much, much further (and meaner)... I don't have to start from scratch. LOL
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:17 pm

Go for it Misplaced!!!! :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:

Fics

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:13 am

Misplaced, Thanks for the thumbs up about Morgan. I have a soft spot for him myself and he will definitely be showing up again.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”