The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Behaving like adults

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:59 pm

In Sim T-Pol doesn't even go into Sickbay to check on Trips condition. Never visits Sickbay at all. Since Trip is suposed to be a good fried, perhaps a very good friend I would think she woud go see him even if he is in a Coma. It is only Sim in that Episode that she reacts with. She referes to Trip but only that Sim is not Trip. Never cared for the Episode because T-Pol was not allowed to show more concern for Trip than she did.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Silverbullet wrote:In Sim T-Pol doesn't even go into Sickbay to check on Trips condition. Never visits Sickbay at all. Since Trip is suposed to be a good fried, perhaps a very good friend I would think she woud go see him even if he is in a Coma. It is only Sim in that Episode that she reacts with. She referes to Trip but only that Sim is not Trip. Never cared for the Episode because T-Pol was not allowed to show more concern for Trip than she did.
Sorry, I thought you talked about Observer Effect were Trip is in a coma like in Similtude. In that last episode no one - not his best friend Malcolm, nor his old friend Archer, nor his doctor Phlox, nor T'Pol visits Trip in a coma. At least, we don't see a scene of this. Problably because the episode is about Sim. It doesn't make sense that nobody would check on Trip, so I can imagine that T'Pol visits Trip in a coma, even when in the episode itself doesn't show it. What is clear from Similtude is however that T'Pol is clearly affected by Trips condition (and also by the words Sim spoke).
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Panaysan, that may be true. However, I would think that she would have been shown once going in to Sickbay to at least check on his condition if for noother reason than she is First Officer and would be concerned that Trip would not recover but that he was needed.

The Focus of similtude was Sim and later his relationship with T-Pol. I never agreed with the Kiss at the end. T-Pol did not know Sim from Adams Off Ox. She only had a few hours of face time wwith him. for that matter Sim didn't know T-Pol. Another thing, I always wondered where the personality of Sim come from. At the first of the Episode the clone only had Trips personality and memories. But about thetime Sim was Trip at early 20 a seperate identity emerged, that of Sim.

There ws a deleted scene where T-Pol comes up on Sim and she says Lyserian Desert Larva? Sim says, I want to study my Species. Sim is saying that he is not human but a Desert Larva which perfectly mimics a Human body but isn't itself Human. That was not shown as it would have raised questions. Leaving the impression that sim was Human allowed the Romantic byplay between T-Pol and Sim.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 pm

What a pity that such a scene was deleted. It would have been very dramatic a Sim who was struggling between the awareness that he wasn't Human and desire to be that.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:26 pm

I always thought that Sims desire to have is life extended was more of adesire to have a Human life span. Since he didnt he was a Larva. Now a Larva is just a stage. So his "Life" would not be ended just his existence as arva. He owould morph into the next stage.

If sim was Human he would have no worry about Life Span, He would live a normal Human life Span of another sixty to eighty years. Since he wouldn't that meant he was a Larva which perfectly mimiced a Human Body but was not Human. I always imagined that When Phlox injected Trip DNA in to the Larva it become active. It had been dormant until then. Once active it lived out its Larva stage (15 days) and the would become whatever the next stage was.

Think that sim would have wanted to be Human after living as one for seven days. But it was not possible. Killing off Sim solved the problem of the Larva becoming the next stage, if the wwriters even thought of it.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”