Body and Katra thread

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Body and Katra thread

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:53 pm

There are bound to be questions and maybe even an objection or two, so a thread seemed like it would be prudent.

Some are already wondering at the need for my warning. I don't want to give anything away; I'll just say now that I'm not kidding and the reason for it will be obvious when it happens. And when it does, just remember you were warned. ;)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Body and Katra thrrad

Postby honeybee » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Good deal! Now, I hope people will sit back enjoy the story for what it is and what it is trying to do.

I understand why you needed to warn people, but now that everyone has seen the label/warning they won't be able to blame you for addressing/using Archer's intense feelings to heighten drama.

It's really not a huge part of the story (as I've seen some of the later chapters) and shouldn't color anyone's reaction to it. But some people don't read/pay attention to warnings and even when they do - they can still react badly. So, hopefully, people will lay off Aquarius and enjoy the ride.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Well, I think most people will understand and appreciate it for what it's meant to be...but yeah, I can see a couple of people wanting to burn a bag of dog poop on my front porch when they see what's coming.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Your story certainly has a dramatic beginning. How many chapters is it going to have.I bet it will be a long like story like Honeybee's family secrets. aquarious I've been looking forward to reading this story,ever since you mentioned you were planning on writing Body and Katra over a year ago.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

I know, it's taken me forever, right? Hopefully all the time I spent planning will pay off. ;)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Aqarius I can go along with most stuff bar T-Pol and Archer hopping in to Bed. That I draw the line to.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 pm

I think the idea Archer was jealousy fits perfectly. After watching E2 recently, when Archer asks about Lorian's father he seems a bit upset about it. Very subtle and great fodder.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:58 pm

And whatever creative choices you want to make, Aquarius, make them. Nobody has a right to tell you how to tell your story.

I agree, CrystalWolf, Archer was clearly disappointed that he wasn't Lorian's Daddy - he gets over it quick, but there was definitely a moment there.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Crystalwolf, He was upset in E2 and may also have been in Demons when Phlox said the Baby was Trip and T-Pol's.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Keep speculating, everyone, and read at your own risk. ;)

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Aquarius, I am so there.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Aquarius wrote:There are bound to be questions and maybe even an objection or two, so a thread seemed like it would be prudent.

Some are already wondering at the need for my warning. I don't want to give anything away; I'll just say now that I'm not kidding and the reason for it will be obvious when it happens. And when it does, just remember you were warned. ;)

Aquarius, maybe I can sound slightly harsh (and, in this case, please forgive me), but frankly your continuous warning makes me a little baffled and suspicious: Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Asso-I have no idea what your last line says. Sorry. :)

As for the warnings, I warn in the story as well as the forum because there is nothing more frustrating than having people hammer at you when they don't like something, despite being fairly warned and having the option of not reading it. Suffice it to say, some here have been quite outspoken about their hate for Archer, so if they choose to read any way and feel compelled to object, hopefully they'll do it in this thread instead of the comments.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Aquarius, personally I think it's better if you let people read (and judge) without any further warning. In this way you run the risk that some people can become suspicious and unwilling to read your story. I am feeling this way, for example, and this isn't a good thing.
As for the meaning of that Latin sentence, if you want, I can explain you what it means, but - maybe - it's better to forget it.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Ordinarily I would, Asso, but I made a judgement call, based on reactions toward other stories and ideas. I'd rather people complain about the warning than complain that they were blindsided.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”