The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Edward II

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:08 am

Apparently, over at the Trek BBS T.H.U.G.S section they have some photos of connor in the Platy Edward II he is supposedly Naked. Dunno. Maybe almost Naked but some other Photos too.

Might, if you dare go near tht site take a look.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Edward II

Postby honeybee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 am

Post a link for us, Silverbullet . . .then we can all enjoy. :drool:

Btw, do you know what part CT is playing in Edward II?

edited to add: Okay, got it. It was production from a few years back where he played Edward II. Cool.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 am

He was Edward? Damn, maybe I'll have to read that play just to try to figure out why he was near-naked in that production.

Must confess that although I do love Shakespeare, the history plays just aren't my thing.

Saw Julius Caesar on campus presented by Shakespeare & Co. on campus last week, though, and it was well done. They must have had a bunch of drama students prepped to get whipped into a frenzy during the funeral, because I was pretty freaked out by the mob a good part of the audience turned into. This will teach me to arrive 5 minutes late for the show...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:05 am

Honeybee, I got this in an E-Mail. there are a number of links at the thugs thread. Go to Trek BBS look in the T.H.U.G.S thread. If Ranok were her she is Registered at the Tek BBS site. She may aready have seen this. From what I read the links lead to some great Photos of Conner. some good enough for Wallpaper.

Srry can't do more.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 am

Alelou, Marlowe wrote Edward II. But it's so often performed by Shakespeare companies that people get confused all the time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_(play)

It's been popular in the last 30 years or so because of the gay content. And since I went and looked at the photos over at Trek BBS (and they are racy enough so that it's iffy whether you should link to them) - the scene in question is the grisly execution of Edward II. So, not terribly sexy even if you are into slash.

In both history and the play, Edward II is executed by being raped with a hot poker, presumably as punishment for his homosexuality.

The play was written in a time when there was no word for gay, but it's pretty clear what's going on - and most modern productions really play the theme up.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 am

There are pictures in the Connor threadat Trek bbs from a play Connor did based on the Mahattan project where he played 2 or 3 different roles.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Reanok, do you kow of any reviews of Connors performances? I read one review that had been posted of Connor's performance in a play, recnetly, where he had three parts iin it. Review was very positive. why on Earth does a man with such talent go without a Series?

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Blame Hollywood's obsession for crappy reality tv shows and the tv studios not wanting to bother wanting to write good drama tv series anymore or it's rare that shows like Numbers or Chuck are shows fans enjoy watching.They have way too many csi or ncis spinoff series on tv nowdays.Connor has complained about his dislike of reality shows causing problems for him to get good acting jobs in hollywood. here's a review from 1999 from la weekly about the play Connor was in dealing with the Mahattan project. link http://www.laweekly.com/1999-12-09/stag ... es-bye-bye

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 pm

honeybee wrote:Alelou, Marlowe wrote Edward II. But it's so often performed by Shakespeare companies that people get confused all the time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_(play)

It's been popular in the last 30 years or so because of the gay content. And since I went and looked at the photos over at Trek BBS (and they are racy enough so that it's iffy whether you should link to them) - the scene in question is the grisly execution of Edward II. So, not terribly sexy even if you are into slash.

In both history and the play, Edward II is executed by being raped with a hot poker, presumably as punishment for his homosexuality.

The play was written in a time when there was no word for gay, but it's pretty clear what's going on - and most modern productions really play the theme up.

Well, that explains why I wasn't familiar with it. I'll have to look it up. Wow, what a role to have!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm

I never go to Trek BBS, so if someone will post a link here, I will take a look. 8) Otherwise, I will just skip this. :neutral:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 pm

I've got a link...but it goes to Trek BBS, so I'm not sure how that'll help?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

xabitrip
Ensign
Ensign

Postby xabitrip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi although I've enjoyed reading many of your threads on this forum I haven't, until now, registered. But having seen the thread today on Edward II I knew I couldn't leave you guys in the dark.

The pic that is being discussed is one I :shock: "accidentally" :shock: found whilst surfing the next a couple of weeks ago when I was off work sick and bored!! :) It definitely sped my recovery up I can tell you! And here is the link to a copy on my photobucket account. I'm sure you will enjoy it:

:censored: :faint:
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp264/Xabitrip/Connor%20Trinneer/2471148063_6860360180.jpg

This is the version which does, in fact, look fantastic as a desktop screensaver, although there is another version of it on the Circle X Theatre's website as well as a number of other photos from the play.

http://www.circlextheatre.org/gallery/show_gallery_pop.html?whichFolder=edwardii&nextShowName=Edward%20II&nextTotalS=9 :censored: :faint:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Oh, my. Thank you for de-lurking for that! My stars, you do know how to make friends right away, don't you??? 8) :lol: Welcome! :mrgreen:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

xabitrip
Ensign
Ensign

Postby xabitrip » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm

:D Hi Aquarius thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad you like the pic, its definitely a conversation opener isn't it.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

:wave: Hi Xabitrip nice to see you posting here.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”