T'Pol's Teeth & Telepathy

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: T'Pol's Teeth & Telepathy

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Hmm Well... Would T'Pol have been aware Trip thought she was hot? I would think so, I mean she did get the crew to Risa because she scientifically studied human sexuality. But let's face it, there was very little emotional stuff there other than anger and physical lust. I mean please does that count? Not to me.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Hmm Well... Would T'Pol have been aware Trip thought she was hot? I would think so, I mean she did get the crew to Risa because she scientifically studied human sexuality. But let's face it, there was very little emotional stuff there other than anger and physical lust. I mean please does that count? Not to me.

I think T'Pol sensed that Trip was attracted to her and intrigued by her from the first Decon session. I do not think that there was any type of emotional attachment until after they began spending so much time together doing neuro pressure.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Oh, come on, this is T'POL. She's not blind and she's not stupid. She's worked on Earth long enough that she probably expects the majority of the human males she deals with to be intrigued by and attracted to her.

The problem with Trip is that she's intrigued by and attracted to him, too.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:37 pm

Go look at KTR's calendar. I think you're right about dental work between the first and second seasons. Also it looks like the ears as well as the eyebrows changed at the beginning of the third. The ears seem longer and lower with the point at more of an angle instead of vertical. Maybe she's getting ready to attack.

Also the picture of her being held by the Orion wrestler is interesting. Bags under the eyes says someone needs to back off the Vulcan port and the all night lyre jam sessions.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm not sure about dental work or any overbite. Never noticed that.

As far as the eyebrows go, she deliberately changed them for season three by conspiring with the make-up people. For whatever reason TPTB at the beginning had decided that her eyebrows shouldn't be so pronounced. Jolene didn't like that and was sneaky enough to eventually make them more Vulcan. And TPTB didn't notice until well into season three and by then it was too late.

Re: The bags under her eyes. Jolene had a nasty case of the flu in the early season four episodes, but struggled on anyway. That accounts for the bags under her eyes and that she looked skinnier than usual. She was sick and being on set instead of in bed probably prolonged her recovery.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:55 pm

I found it interesting that her original makeup skipped out on the "Vulcan eyebrows."

I think her wigs got better as the series went on, too. Season one's was too square-looking.

Something I found funny to see is her nails are soketimes really short and sometimes really, really long and polished. Would a Vulcan HAVE long polished finger nails? What about her makeup? It's very light, mostly eye liner and mascara (and is season one green eye-shadow) but it's obviously there. I found her bright pink lipstick in "the-abomination" to be waaaaay off. Kind of like the episode.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 pm

I prefer to believe that's one of those little wink-wink clues to remind you it's a holo-novelization -- so it's not real. (at least as much as anything is real on a tv show...)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Alelou wrote:Oh, come on, this is T'POL. She's not blind and she's not stupid. She's worked on Earth long enough that she probably expects the majority of the human males she deals with to be intrigued by and attracted to her.

The problem with Trip is that she's intrigued by and attracted to him, too.

Eh Eh... right on target. :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 pm

I think T'Pol knowing the biology of humans would know human men would get turned on by her a lot. And yeah I'll agree she has a he's "astethically pleasing" moment herself. But you're hot, does not equal emotional attachment. So I don't think it has much to do with their love except let them know that physically they'd respond to each other.

PS JB fixing those eye-brows was awesome! They made her so much more of a Vulcan beauty. Never noticed the teeth. But I didn't like most of her make up or her french manicure.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm

I remember noticing the teeth when I first started watching the show again a couple of years ago and I actually thought it was kind of cute; other beautiful women (Madonna, Lauren Hutton, Eve Myles) have left their smiles natural and I think small "imperfections" like that actually kind of add to their beauty.

But after I didn't notice it any more I guess I just figured I imagined it or just got used to it or whatever.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Navigator
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Navigator » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:30 am

WarpGirl wrote:I think T'Pol knowing the biology of humans would know human men would get turned on by her a lot. And yeah I'll agree she has a he's "astethically pleasing" moment herself. But you're hot, does not equal emotional attachment. So I don't think it has much to do with their love except let them know that physically they'd respond to each other.

PS JB fixing those eye-brows was awesome! They made her so much more of a Vulcan beauty. Never noticed the teeth. But I didn't like most of her make up or her french manicure.

Fully agree. The french manicure was especially offputting. Sort of said they knew it was over, so who cares.

To KTR, I didn't know about the flu.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:19 pm

The flu can take a lot out of a person. David Boreanaz caught it and you can still see he had it bad. In poor JB's case she never had that much weight to lose so I can see why people would think she was way too thin. But do you know most contracts for actresses in movies and TV have wieght clauses? Unless they get pregnant most actresses can't gain more than a specific weight. Some actresses on Law and Order had problems because of it. Personally I think JB could have gained 10 pounds and looked even better.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”