Re: Khellian: The Hour Is At Hand

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Mon May 28, 2007 1:53 pm

There's never a time when a comment "isn't worth sharing" unless it's destructive rather than constructive, JustTrip'n, so if you want to comment on the last installment before you tackle this one, that's fine by me. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Image sig by chrisis1033

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon May 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Is the story going on or is this next one the last installment? I don't want to give advice if it's over.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon May 28, 2007 2:25 pm

I plan to end it with the next installment (Episode 9), so you've got one more story to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Cool
Image sig by chrisis1033

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Mon May 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Dis, if this is your dream by all means follow it. My intent was not discouragement rather cautioning against doing something due to external pressures and perhaps unrealistic expectations.

Many many years ago, early '70s, I put myself most of the way through college as a freelance illustrator. Working for hours on an illustration and months later getting a $25-$50 check from a New York publisher was fun at first but soon that wore off. Eventually I found local clients and repeat business that was more lucrative.

I hope you do well.

HtH

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon May 28, 2007 6:34 pm

I know that (to quote Asso) "beautiful and interesting things" will continue to flow from your pen.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon May 28, 2007 6:42 pm

^ no doubt about that. I do enjoy reading Distracted's work. I think she has one of the best VS5's out there.
Writing as TrekPyro.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm

I just did a quick search on eclampsia, and I wanted to say that I like how you wrote it. You gave us just enough info to know that it's serious without inserting a medical lecture.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 pm

Thanks, JZK. It's a challenge sometimes to figure out how much to tell the reader. In this instance, I decided that if people really wanted to know the gory details they could always look it up, and so I just wrote what I thought Phlox would be thinking. I hate stories that assume the reader is a moron without research skills. I also hate stories written by geeks in indecipherable jargon, so I try to avoid medical jargon when I can and say things in plain English. I hope I succeeded.
Image sig by chrisis1033

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue May 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Distracted wrote:Thanks, JZK. It's a challenge sometimes to figure out how much to tell the reader. In this instance, I decided that if people really wanted to know the gory details they could always look it up, and so I just wrote what I thought Phlox would be thinking. I hate stories that assume the reader is a moron without research skills. I also hate stories written by geeks in indecipherable jargon, so I try to avoid medical jargon when I can and say things in plain English. I hope I succeeded.

Yes, you did! Thumbs Up

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”