The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Couple

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Not to rain on the parade or anything, but the banner image is made out of two separate publicity shots of Trip and T'Pol.

And if anyone is interested in what Jolene's hubby looks like, see here.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 am

KTR was aware that the thing was a composite of two Photos. I just believe that i points up how good they look together and how natural they appear as a couple. Conner and JB just look great together which may be the reason they resonated with Fans and they had such chemistry on screen. Not unusual. There have been other people who looked great together on screen and were paired in films as married couples or commited couples. They might have hated one another (as Bruce willis and cybl Sheppard did) but they were fan favorites.

So, for me Conner/Trip and JB/T-Pol were it.

What does anyone think of Hoshi-Malcom or Hoshi - Travis? Archer Erika?
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:43 am

We're not outta line but try and keep it on the Trek, guys. :mrgreen:

I don't want to be a hardliner and say you can't even say their names (the actors), as I don't think that's a necessary or reasonable restriction; but please just refrain from discussing relationships between the real individuals like who should be with who and such and so forth. I'm not implying anyone said anything to that effect, just kind of throwing out a reminder about that. Just always remember that we're here to respect their work and that they have families and friends, too.

"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm

As far as that goes, I was just asking about the charactes. Never asked about t he Actors or thier relationships. Only as it pertained to their roles as a character i.e. Conner/Trip, JB/T-Pol, etc. It is hard to sepeartate the two when discussing how each Looked in the role and how the fact that each gave the character a dynamic with another charadter imbued by the actor.

So, Trip and T-Pol. Looked great as a couple because Conner/Jb loooked great together. I said I believed that Archer would not look as good with T-Pol.

Now asking about Hoshi-Malcom, Hoshi-Travis. Obviously Linda Park, Dominic Keating and Montgomermy have to come in to the discussion as they brought the characters to life.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:22 pm

As far as the characters go...I think Hoshi and Malcolm look good together, actually. They're almost the same height, and when they stand next to each other (in pics, on the Bridge, etc), they look pretty good.

Hoshi and Travis...I dunno. Maybe it's the height thing. (I'm nearly eight inches shorter than my hubby,--I'm 5/2 and he's 5'10 1/2--- so I can relate). Travis looks more like the older, protective brother to Hoshi.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Lady Rainbow wrote:As far as the characters go...I think Hoshi and Malcolm look good together, actually. They're almost the same height, and when they stand next to each other (in pics, on the Bridge, etc), they look pretty good.

Hoshi and Travis...I dunno. Maybe it's the height thing. (I'm nearly eight inches shorter than my hubby,--I'm 5/2 and he's 5'10 1/2--- so I can relate). Travis looks more like the older, protective brother to Hoshi.

I agree, totally. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”