Tag! You're it!!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Tag! You're it!!

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:42 am

Boy, I'm really cooking with gas on today! Here I come with another activity.

We'll start this one after the first of the year, once the holidays are over and the Holiday Fic exchange is done, and things are less hectic.

What this is:

Your big chance to challenge someone in particular to write a story!

Here are the rules:

1. You must sign up by posting to this thread. Note whether or not you're willing to do NC-17 stuff (no nitpicky conditional statements necessary--just a yes or no). I will keep a running list of names here, in this post, with an asterisk (*) denoting those who are smut-willing. Anything else is open season; the idea is to maybe grow a little by being taken out of our comfort zones once in a while. ;-)

2. You may only challenge someone on that list.

3. If you have challenged someone, you may not challenge someone else until the person you challenge coughs up your fic. I will also keep a list of who has challenges in-progress for quick reference.

4. If you've been challenged, no one else may challenge you until you finish the challenge you're on.

5. There are no time limits, but out of courtesy, please try to take less than a month, and if you hit a snag, please just give your challenger a heads-up so they know you haven't forgotten them.

6. January 1, 2010, go ahead and lob your challenge!! In a post here in this thread, state who you're challenging, and what you're challenging them to write. Challengee should also post that they accept it so we know you saw it.

7. If you need to drop out, it's cool, just PM me and let me know and I'll take you off the list.

That's it, couldn't be easier! If you have questions, PM me or post here.

PARTICIPANTS
Aquarius*
Kotik*
Honeybee*
pdsldl
Distracted*
Dinah
panyasan
Asso*
Silverbullet*
Lady Rainbow*
ginamr*
Linda

* = willing to write smut

PARTICIPANTS ALREADY CHALLENGED, OUT OF THE LOOP UNTIL THEY'RE DONE:
AQUARIUS--challenged by Honeybee, accepted
DINAH--challenged by Silverbullet, accepted
PANYASAN--challenged by pdsldl, accepted
SILVERBULLET--challenged by Linda, accepted
LINDA--challenged by Dinah, accepted
KOTIK--challenged by Distracted, pending

PARTICIPANTS WHO CANNOT CHALLENGE UNTIL THEIR CHALLENGEE COUGHS UP:
HONEYBEE--challenged Aquarius, accepted
SILVERBULLET--challenged Dinah, accepted
PDSLDL--challenged panyasan, accepted
LINDA--challenged Silverbullet, accepted
DINAH--challenged Linda, accepted
DISTRACTED--challenged Kotik, pending

AVAILABLE TO BE CHALLENGED:
Kotik*
ginamr*
LadyRainbow*
Distracted*
Asso*
pdsldl
honeybee*

ELIGIBLE TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE
Lady Rainbow
Kotik
ginamr
Distracted
panyasan
Asso
Aquarius
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Tag! You're it!!

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:02 am

Forgot to sign myself up!

So yeah, I'll be victimized--ah, CHALLENGED!--by anyone else who signs up. 8)

And yeah, I am (obviously) a purveyor of smut when the situation calls for it. :mrgreen:

Who'll join me???

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 am

Now that's a good idea if I ever saw one :mrgreen:

Sign me up with that and feel free to nail an asterisk to it as well, got no problems to whip up a lil' smut cookie. :drool:

piece 'n long life, y'all :vulcan:

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm in.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

pdsldl
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby pdsldl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm game, but no smut.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Wow, it's so cool to wake up and see that people are interested in this! 8)

Kotik wrote:Now that's a good idea if I ever saw one :mrgreen:

Sign me up with that and feel free to nail an asterisk to it as well, got no problems to whip up a lil' smut cookie. :drool:

piece 'n long life, y'all :vulcan:

OMG, I never heard anyone else call it a "smut cookie" before--I thought I was the only one!! :guffaw: :guffaw:

honeybee--I tentatively signed you up for smut, but if I need to de-asterisk you, let me know.

Thanks, everyone!

Who else is gonna join us???

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm

No, by all means - keep me in the smut column. :thumbsup:
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm slightly gormless. I need more explanations. And also about the other thread: HOLIDAY FIC EXCHANGE.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:47 pm

No problem, Asso. I'll do my best to explain it, and if it's still not clear, let us know, maybe someone else can explain it better. 8)

HOLIDAY FIC EXCHANGE: This one is based on a custom we do a lot here around Christmas time in the US, usually at work or in social clubs or whatever, called "Secret Santa." We do this where I work so I'll use that as the example for the purposes of this explanation. Basically, the owners found out who wanted to participate, and wrote the names of the people who wanted to do it on little pieces of paper and put the names in a hat. Each person participating draws a name out of the hat, and they don't tell anyone who they drew. They secretly give small gifts to the person they drew, and the person doesn't find out who's been giving them the gifts until the last day when they get the last gift. There are lots of variations on this--sometimes it's only one gift instead of a bunch of little ones, and one year when I was a kid at summer camp we did "Secret Pal", which was basically the same thing, just without the Christmas theme.

Now, for the purposes of the Holiday Fic Exchange, I had to modify things a little bit, mostly because there isn't really a way for you all to draw names in person. So what I'm doing is collecting the names of people who want to participate during this brief sign-up period (now thru November 1), and when the sign-up period is over, I'll be writing your names on papers and drawing them out for you, and notifying you by PM who you "drew" so it can stay a secret. And obviously there will only be one story per Santa, so the recipient won't know who their Santa is until the story is sent to me and I post it in the archive.

TAG! YOU'RE IT!! is a little different. Again, a sign-up is required, because with the experience of having done this at other sites before, it's a lot easier if you know up front who's interested and participating, instead of having people drift in or out randomly.

Basically, you sign up by posting to this thread, and you let us know whether or not you're willing to write NC-17 stuff. (That way if you're not comfortable writing it, no one will challenge you to do it). Anything else goes. You can only challenge someone who's on the list, and you can only be challenged by someone on the list. Also, you can only challenge one person at a time--once they finish the fic you challenged them to do, you are now free to challenge someone else. Likewise, you can only be challenged by one person at a time, so that way you only have one obligation at a time. I'll maintain a status list to help with this.

For the Holiday Fic Exchange, the results are going to be posted in the archive, so with that in mind and because the stories are gifts to someone else, they should be beta-read and polished by the time they're sent to me for archival.

We can take a vote on whether or not we want to archive the Tag stories, or just post them to the thread.

Does that help? Or did I just make it worse??

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:02 pm

You were perfect, Aquarius, and I would willingly take part in these delicious games, but I'm afraid. You know I'm not much skilful in English and I have fear I can't be capable of taking the right time. :cry:
But, anyway, I'm glad you had these ideas. Very good. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Well, we'd love to have you, Asso. I think your English is better than you think. 8) I can think of lots of people who'd be tickled to get a fic gift from you, but if you're nervous about getting it done and polished by January 1, I can understand, but I'd like to suggest that you at least sign up for the "Tag" one, since we're not starting that until the holidays are over and there's a little less pressure time-wise.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks, Aquarius.
Let me have some hours of "meditation". :lol:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:17 pm

No problem. There's still plenty of time to sign up for the Holiday one, and people can sign up for "Tag" any time--they just need to let me know so I can add them to the list.

And if you have more questions, just ask. 8)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:49 pm

I'll do "Tag". Anything goes. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Sweet! 8)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”