The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Re: Tag! You're it!!

Postby Misplaced » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:32 am

Alright I'm back after an extremely long hiatus and I've been reading these challenge fics and loving them. I so very badly want in.

Is it too late to sign up??

If not, put me on the list. :)

It's a no go for smut, though.
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Aquarius started all this, but I'm sure she'll let you join us. I think the action has slowed down a bit since it started in January, though. I checked the first post where she keeps the updated list and I can't figure out whether I'm allowed to challenge or not. I'm pretty sure Kotik declined the challenge the list says I made, so I challenged SB instead, but he doesn't appear to want to finish the story he began in response to my challenge. Does that leave me free to challenge Misplaced, Aquarius?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:25 pm

Distracted wrote:Aquarius started all this, but I'm sure she'll let you join us. I think the action has slowed down a bit since it started in January, though. I checked the first post where she keeps the updated list and I can't figure out whether I'm allowed to challenge or not. I'm pretty sure Kotik declined the challenge the list says I made, so I challenged SB instead, but he doesn't appear to want to finish the story he began in response to my challenge. Does that leave me free to challenge Misplaced, Aquarius?

I didn't exactly decline. I was challenged at a time, when I was in no condition to write anything. I would say that this year (and december '09) haven't quite been the most lucky months in my life. I've had my ribs smashed in twice (once by a horse and once by thugs who mugged me) and my job's been demanding way too much time. If anyone wants to revive this, I'm open for challenges.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:27 pm

I've got a challenge, this is obviously an AU...

Rewrite "Two Days and Two Nights", but put a TnT twist in it somehow. Other pairings optional (R/S, for example), but not necessary. Make it interesting, and if Phlox is still hibernating, put a medical staff in Sickbay to help Cutler out, please!

Takers?
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Lady Rainbow wrote:I've got a challenge, this is obviously an AU...

Rewrite "Two Days and Two Nights", but put a TnT twist in it somehow. Other pairings optional (R/S, for example), but not necessary. Make it interesting, and if Phlox is still hibernating, put a medical staff in Sickbay to help Cutler out, please!

Takers?

Taken :D

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Distracted. I am still on your challenge. Been having a few problems medically (comes with age) By the time I can write it is night and my eye is blurry and very tired. Promise I will have chapter four to Linda this coming week and will speed up the rest. four has me hung up because it is a battle scene and I have not written but one.

Okay"

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Postby Misplaced » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Well dagnabit... I still wanna be challenged. :oops:
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:55 am

Okay. This is probably against the rules since I've already got a challenge pending, but here goes.

Here's my challenge. Remember the child that Ahlen implanted in Trip? I'd like to see a followup story where Ahlen brings the child aboard to visit Trip. Under what circumstances could this occur? I'd like to see a story exploring and expanding on what little we know of Ahlen's culture. What would motivate her to seek Trip out? How would the crew...in particular T'Pol...react to such a visit? How would Trip react to it?

What about it, Misplaced? You interested?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am

Distracted wrote:Okay. This is probably against the rules since I've already got a challenge pending, but here goes.

Here's my challenge. Remember the child that Ahlen implanted in Trip? I'd like to see a followup story where Ahlen brings the child aboard to visit Trip. Under what circumstances could this occur? I'd like to see a story exploring and expanding on what little we know of Ahlen's culture. What would motivate her to seek Trip out? How would the crew...in particular T'Pol...react to such a visit? How would Trip react to it?

And because Soval is "the sh#t," he should probably be in there somewhere too, right, Dis? 8)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:52 am

Hey there-

I know I've fallen behind in updating this thread. It's sucked to be me this summer, what with the move. Hopefully I can get things caught up before I go to Vegas, but I can't promise. My car died today. It's in Detroit. I'm not. so I got a ride home--from my ex, who will also be fixing the car tomorrow. (Yeah, I know--don't ask.) Tomorrow will involve playing a lot of Crazy Taxi after work, as I will be borrowing a car to get there, then two cars have to make it back here, then I have to take home the driver of the other car...then come home myself.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:23 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
Distracted wrote:Okay. This is probably against the rules since I've already got a challenge pending, but here goes.

And because Soval is "the sh#t," he should probably be in there somewhere too, right, Dis? 8)

Sure. Why not? The more, the merrier.

Sorry about all the car shenanigans, Aquarius. I hope you have a functioning vehicle soon.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 am

Aquarius wrote:Hey there-

I know I've fallen behind in updating this thread. It's sucked to be me this summer, what with the move. Hopefully I can get things caught up before I go to Vegas, but I can't promise. My car died today. It's in Detroit. I'm not. so I got a ride home--from my ex, who will also be fixing the car tomorrow. (Yeah, I know--don't ask.) Tomorrow will involve playing a lot of Crazy Taxi after work, as I will be borrowing a car to get there, then two cars have to make it back here, then I have to take home the driver of the other car...then come home myself.

Argh, that sucks. I was wondering why Honeybee was comforting you about your car on another thread...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 am

Yeah. Ex thinks it's the alternator. He needed to give me a jump start last week, but I didn't think too much about it--I had been packing up the car, the hatch and all doors were open for hours, figured the interior lights had drained it or something, and he worried I'd need to get a new battery by winter.

Today I needed a jump again after stopping for a soda on the way home. He jump-started it...and I got a few miles down the expressway before the car lost power, the blinkers wouldn't work, etc. I barely managed to pull off onto the shoulder of an exit ramp. He came back, jumped it again, and we limped it to his place (my former home), stopping every so often to recharge the battery.

Battery is only 3 years old; alternator is the original and the car is a 2000.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Sure sounds like an alternator.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison