What Kind Of Jewelry Does A Guy Buy A Vulcan?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: What Kind Of Jewelry Does A Guy Buy A Vulcan?

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:22 am

An American living in Japan and reporting on the Yakuza. Can you imagine? What an exciting life.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:24 am

Aquarius wrote:I think that sounds like a challenge!

Transwarp, whaddaya say???? :popcorn:

Gee, so much to write, so little time...

My hat's off to those of you with multiple projects going, but I'm pretty much committed to finishing my Romulan War story sooner rather than later, so any tales of the Vulcan mob will have to wait on the back burner (along with stories of the tyrannical Captain T'Rex).
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Lord my internet crashes and I miss all of this fun stuff. OK... Heirlooms YES! T'Pol has T'Mir's handbag. Desert, certain gems grow in the rocks on earth, why not vulcan gems?

Rap, all depends on the type of rap, and the artist.

Yakuza, scary but I get the comparison. I just don't see Vulcans finding it all that logical.

Gangs Don't want to go there, what I do know has totally freaked me out enough. Different life experiences and all that.

Decoder ring, I WANT IT! But I have an idea on how T'Pol can get one.

Janeway MOST AWESOME CAPTAIN! Except she let the borg whore steal her man. :bitch:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:22 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Janeway MOST AWESOME CAPTAIN! Except she let the borg whore steal her man. :bitch:

Sorry dear, but we'll have to disagree on that. Awesome and Janeway are two words that do not belong in the same sentence. She was an utter lunatic, stark raving mad and ruthless. Tom and B'Elana and Chakotey to a point where the only characters who saved the series from being utter crap.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm

OK Chakotay?????????? You're loony-toons! Simply loony-toons! :roll: ;-)

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Kotik wrote:Tom and B'Elana and Chakotey to a point were the only characters who saved the series from being utter crap.

And then there was the Doctor (good for comic relief). And 7 of 9. <heavy sigh> What did DS9 have? Ferengi, that's what. My all-time least favorite Star Trek aliens. If I never see another episode with Ferengi, it'll be twenty minutes to soon!

Kotik wrote:She was an utter lunatic, stark raving mad and ruthless.

So what's wrong with Janeway being ruthless? At least she wasn't a namby-pamby lightweight like Cisco...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Borg Whore! OK to be fair I liked 7 well enough when she wasn't chewing scenery, and stealing the Captain's man. But they gave her too much attention. And T'Pol not enough Ironically. Anyway... Point being as a Captain Janeway kicks **s, in her love life not-so-much. (Kate Mulgrew, played Katherine Hepburn you don't mess with that)

Chakotay, well he started out pretty ok. A little too gullible and dull for my tastes. But later on he just got a bit pathetic. (Robert Beltran so-so actor)

Tuvok AWESOME, I love Tuvok! (great actor)

Neelix made me smile on bad days. (Ethan Phillips scary good actor)

Harry you just had to pinch his cheeks. (so-so actor)

Doctor (Robert Picardo one of the best actors on TV EVER)

Tom astounding, and my dream guy I admit it. (Robbie McNiell phenominal actor and director)

B'Elanna a creepily accurate portrait of my adolocance in the begining, and she got her dreams at the end, so there is hope for me. (again Roxann Dawson great actress great director.)

All in all I'd say VOY had the best chemistry with the ENTIRE cast. And a genius acting pool as well. Not that ENT didn't have the potential it just never used all of it.

Now can we please go OT before I get in trouble. <begs like a puppy>
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:13 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Now can we please go OT before I get in trouble.

On topic? What for? I thought everyone was in agreement that secret decoder rings are the ultimate in Vulcan jewellery, the very pinnacle of logical fashion. What more can be said on the subject?

WarpGirl wrote:Captain Janeway kicks **s, in her love life not-so-much

Maybe because she puts her responsibility to her ship and crew first? (Gotta like that in a captain.)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah but what's the conflict of interest when the object of your affection is a wanted terrorist for the first 6 years? Say what!

We gotta play by the rules we can talk VOY when I set up a thread in the right place.

OT: JadziaKathryn mentioned heirlooms before. I really love this idea, frankly I don't think Vulcan Asthetics and fashions change too quickly. Ancient fashions moved at a snail's pace on Earth. Anyhow I don't see the jewelry being too much different. I really liked those headresses the preistesses wore in Search for Spock. I've got a few ideas for T'Pol's wedding finery. Even though she got married to Koss, I think she got shafted there. T'Pring was all gussied up in Amok Time.

VOY thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1367

Fics

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:37 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Even though she got married to Koss, I think she got shafted there. T'Pring was all gussied up in Amok Time.

Yeah, but remember, when T'Pol married Koss it was during the Vulcan High Command 'Puritan' era. Flair was out, austere was in. Not like when Spock had to fight for T'Pring. That was like the roaring twenties: Vulcan flappers, speak-easies, etc. You can read all about it in Vulcan historian F'skot-F'tsjerald's epic work The Agreeable G'ats-be.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm

OMG you're BLOODY BRILLIANT! :guffaw: I can't type... :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Transwarp wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:Even though she got married to Koss, I think she got shafted there. T'Pring was all gussied up in Amok Time.

Yeah, but remember, when T'Pol married Koss it was during the Vulcan High Command 'Puritan' era. Flair was out, austere was in. Not like when Spock had to fight for T'Pring. That was like the roaring twenties: Vulcan flappers, speak-easies, etc. You can read all about it in Vulcan historian F'skot-F'tsjerald's epic work The Agreeable G'ats-be.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Well I finally got a joke this week! Anyway... I kind of was taken aback when I saw how austere most Vulcans were portrayed. Then I got confused when I saw Soval's sky-blue silk robes. Because he was still Ambassador Pointy at the time. It was a good look though. I think he would have looked good if he had out-blinged Sarek. Could you imagine such a grandeous impression on lowly humans? That would make me smile.

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:OT: Vulcan bling. Can someone imagine what a Vulcan rapper would look like? :lol:

:guffaw: :guffaw: SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DRAW THAT!! :guffaw: :guffaw:

Seriously. I want to see the hat on sideways, the pants half hanging off, and a GRILL!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Dammit, Aquarius!

Page 1

Page 2

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Dang woman get over to the KOTOR site already. They have amazing artists there. OK gotta breath now.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”